Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

University of Brighton Interviews!! Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Brighton is cool :cool:

ReputationRep:
    For the best situated is Phoenix brewery! It's not atall far from the uni and it's in the town! So close to bars clubs ect.. I'd suggest going there!

ReputationRep:
    Do i need a foundation degree to get into Brighton University studying Fashion?
    I'm now going into year 13 and started looking at universities and I really want to get into brighton university to study the fashion and business course however it says I need a foundation degree, but is that essential or will I be able to create my own?

I took art, textiles, business, economics and English language at AS so will get quite a big portfolio from that and I've taken part in outside courses and won a photography competition, so have work to put into my portfolio from that, I will also be taking part in EPQ, extended project qualification where i will be creating a textiles revision guide for AS

but i still think I need more but I am wondering how much more? should I work on a1? and how many items should I make/how much research ect?

Would love a response, thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhin)
    Don't worry, from all the mini-portfolios I've had, I'd give it a bit more time before they reply.
    I know a lot of people from past interviews who've also had to do mini-portfolios but none have got replies for student dates so far. To be honest I'm shocked I have even got through to this stage because all of the people I have met that did get the request were all doing a foundation diploma.

You said you got a reply without doing a foundation diploma?
    Do i need a foundation degree to get into Brighton University studying Fashion?
    I'm now going into year 13 and started looking at universities and I really want to get into brighton university to study the fashion and business course however it says I need a foundation degree, but is that essential or will I be able to create my own?

I took art, textiles, business, economics and English language at AS so will get quite a big portfolio from that and I've taken part in outside courses and won a photography competition, so have work to put into my portfolio from that, I will also be taking part in EPQ, extended project qualification where i will be creating a textiles revision guide for AS

but i still think I need more but I am wondering how much more? should I work on a1? and how many items should I make/how much research ect?

Would love a response, thankyou

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.