Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsandsunsets)
    Hiya chocoholic,I hope you're ok! You sound so much like me a few years ago (I'm 21 now). The screaming,shouting, pushing and shoving makes you feel so shocked and bullied doesn't it? It sounds like you have a pretty good relationship with your mum though and believe me,your mum could be your angel here as long as you're 100% honest and open with her about things. As for moving out... Personally i wouldn't reccomend it yet. Everything costs more than you think it will,it's hard work juggling keeping a home,working and/or studying and like you mentioned before, theres Mum to miss. I moved out at 19 and I'm coming back home this week!
    If you need a chat about things or just want to let off some steam, feel free to get in touch. Sometimes it's tough to deal with by yourself.
    Huggggggs for you. xx
    Aww thanks for the support. Yeah, I would probably never consider moving out, (well until university) because I don't think I'm old enough to handle all the responsibilities yet. Also, I just started my AS levels so I think that would be a lot of things on my plate. Anyway, I'm not certain of it, but I think its likely that my mum would kick my dad before letting me move out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb9191)
    Sounds to me as if you are lazy and you lie. Therefore, its quite possible you are lying in this thread to make him out worse than he is. You also provoked him and made the situation worse by getting the hoover out in such a manner. Its your own fault.

:hmmm:
    Also, I'm fairly surprised that you didn't highlight the "I'm such a horrible human being" bit. I'm guessing you missed it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic_x)
    Sounds to me that you are desperate for neg rep? :rolleyes:
    Well you smashing about the hoover sounds like you are desperate for a beat down off big poppa. :rolleyes:

We can all be assuming idiots. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ITS HIS HOME. LOOK AT THE NAME ON THE PAPERWORK, IT WILL BE EITHER IS NAME OR HER MOTHERS NAME. SHE DOES NOT HAVE ACTUAL LIVING RIGHTS TO BE THERE AND SHE COULD EASILY BE KICKED OUT BY THEM AND TOLD TO LIVE IN CARE. :rolleyes:
    Wrong. It's technically the landlord's home, who's actually really nice and happened to be one of my primary school teachers. Also, if you're talking about in which name we rent it, that would be my mum's, seeing as we lived there 2 years before my dad started living with us. But it's nice to see that you automatically assumed we owned a house that was under my dad's name. I'd like to think my mum would kick my dad out before me anyway seeing as he can handle himself on his own, I, on the other hand, may have a bit of trouble...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic_x)
    Wrong. It's technically the landlord's home, who's actually really nice and happened to be one of my primary school teachers. Also, if you're talking about in which name we rent it, that would be my mum's, seeing as we lived there 2 years before my dad started living with us. But it's nice to see that you automatically assumed we owned a house that was under my dad's name. I'd like to think my mum would kick my dad out before me anyway seeing as he can handle himself on his own, I, on the other hand, may have a bit of trouble...
    learn to read ffs. I said and I quote

'IT WILL BE EITHER IS NAME OR HER MOTHERS NAME.'

Does that not check with what you stated? Am I right? :rolleyes::rolleyes::roll eyes:

There was no assumption, deal with it. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FilthyYouth)
    I think firstly you have to think about what way you could possibly be irritating him. Are you continuously messy? Do you sometimes act a bit moody, and perhaps unappreciative of the things your parents do for you? Do you ask them for money all the time, but then rarely see them when you are actually home? I'm not saying you do any of these things, but it is worth thinking about. People, most of the time, do not get that angry over nothing. There must be some kind of reason. It is possible that he is stressed about something not concerning you, and you are just the easy victim to unleash his anger towards.
    Yeah *most* people don't get angry over nothing. However, from experience, I've learnt that my dad doesn't fall into this category and often goes on long rants, criticising us endlessly for hours just because of some little thing that sparked him off. That is why I think he may have intermittent explosive disorder. I'm not saying I'm perfect and that I have a angelic behaviour towards my parents, I can consider the fact that I could annoy them sometimes. But I can't imagine the endless stream of abuse to me and threatening me would justify whatever I've done wrong.

ReputationRep:
    learn to read ffs. I said and I quote

'IT WILL BE EITHER IS NAME OR HER MOTHERS NAME.'

Does that not check with what you stated? Am I right? :rolleyes::rolleyes::roll eyes:

There was no assumption, deal with it. :cool:
    Yes but you started your response with "ITS HIS HOME." :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.