Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoria_d)
    Glen Refreshers is starting this week I believe?! but after buying the wristband for the JCR events in freshers week and it ended up to be a complete waste of money. I hardly went to any of the events, so I think I'm going to give it a miss this time round and save my money. I think it's got to the stage now aswell, that the people who go to the events will be going with friends they have already made, so for me, it's not like I am going to be meeting new people..
    It's lucky you have a good crowd of people on my course. Everyone I have met on my course are nice enough but because of all my different modules I'm hardly ever with the same people and the people I do see I'm able to get on with during seminars etc but outside have different interests.
    yeah that's true. yeah i doubt i'll bother...too expensive for what it is...didn't like being crammed into GE bar at all ha....aww that's a bit annoying...I think it just takes time...I don't think most people have really found their 'true' friends they'll always stick with, they're just in a group at the moment as a sense of security I suppose. And I don't blame them tbh. I mean we're all still pretty new to everything!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.