Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    hmm nice!! whats an EY degree??
    Its a specific Accounting degree at Lancaster that's run in partnership with Ernst and Young, one of the 'Big Four' international accounting firms. They part-sponsor the students on the course (like Me ) giving them 18 months paid work experience over the period of the degree and bursaries. The degree has been designed to supply the skills that Ernst & Young want in its graduate recruits, and to cover as much of the ACA (the professional accounting qualification) as possible whilst getting a degree, so that after the students on the course graduate, they have only a few professional accounting exams to sit during work as opposed to the 15 exams that a normal graduate takes on work's time.

Basically, after the degree, If I get a 2:1 I'll have a job at Ernst & Young, and I'll take me 18 months to qualify as a professional chartered accountant. Other graduates will join the firm and then have to spend three years training before qualifying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    Boobies moves, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    Boobies moves, eh?

I think I'll be 'moving' in quite a different way.
    I do think the GIF brightens up my fresher's blog though

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll be 'moving' in quite a different way.
    I do think the GIF brightens up my fresher's blog though
    Well, it certainly does something . . . :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Okay. It's Wednesday, and there are

Four days left.

I'm carrying on with my packing-everything-I-own-away. Last night I sorted most of my clothes out, I just need to wash some and wait till my brother gets home from 6th form (He gets mad if I call it 'school') so he can get me a suitcase down from the loft. Mum's bought me 2 extra packs of toothpaste, I have four now :lol: Bless her.
    She's also bought me one of those electric soap dispensers from Dettol, and some make-up, because I won't be able to nick her eyeshadow box anymore.

I've been quite upset this morning - Parents told me that they're driving down to London to pick up a car tomorrow, and will be driving back Friday morning. I cried when she told me - It'll be the first time any of us have been on the motorway since the crash, and London's a good 230 miles away. I know it's stupid, because they've driven on it loads of times before, but it just seems really dangerous now. I'm starting to feel pretty pathetic for getting upset about it, haha.

Well, I've not much to say in regards to freshers - I'm quite sad to be leaving, but excited at the same time. I've got nearly everything I need now, just have a few things to do before I go:

- Dye my hair (roots are starting to show through)
    - Get some fairy lights. Nothing makes a room homier than fairy lights.
    - Go to M&S and buy some food for the first couple of days, and pick up some bottles of pop.
    - Get an over-sized camouflage t-shirt for the Army fancy dress do.
    - Pick up the following: Toilet rolls, (ensuite room) a toilet brush, some basic cleaning stuff and some stationary.

I'm going into town tomorrow, so hopefully I can pick most of it up then.

Also, there's been a bit of a fiasco with some work I did over summer. I got a job working as an accounts assistant at a company in Blackburn through my dad, it's a family run business and it was unofficial employment. I worked there for just under four weeks, 120 hours in total. I was meant to be paid for my collective hours after I finished, but ever since the owner has been avoiding my dad, and I haven't been paid. I finished working there at the start of September. The owner met up with my dad and started making excuses, and eventually agreed to give me £500 the next day - he didn't show up. My dad's made an appointment with the firm and will be going to collect my money on Friday, so hopefully I'll have a bit of money for freshers week and to get me up and running.

Well, that's all I can think of to bleat at you for now, folks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm not common as muck
    Oh God No. Diana Vickers didn't even come from Blackburn, she lived in Accrington, which is just closeby but unheardof. They said she came from Blackburn to try and get more local support :facepalm:
    Ahh, I pay little attention to rugby (Mostly because I don't understand the game - girls are discouraged from playing it in schools so I never got around to learning)
    Haha, oh dear. We in Blackburn are all pretty suspicious about the possibly incestuous goings-on in Burnley, as demonstrated by many of our football chants.

Sounds awesome, How's your fresher's going?
    Your Mum's your Dad,
    Your Dad's your Mum,
    Your interbred,
    You Burnley scum!

That's what we sing in Preston anyway.

And we also call it Tea ;D

ReputationRep:
    Are the painkillers good? If they are opiates, screw alcohol and keep taking them

ReputationRep:
    good luck with the course :'D

*hugs boobies* o.0

ReputationRep:
    Hello There. Just to warn you, I'm terrible at blogging, and remembering to post, and making it interesting, so do not get your hopes up that this will go well.

Some background information. I'm going to Lancaster University to study the Ernst and Young degree (Accounting, Auditing, and Finance) and am in Furness college At the moment I live in Blackburn, which is about 40 minutes drive from Lancaster.

So. the countdown phone I have on my phone tells me that there are

Six days left

before I move to Lancaster.

At the moment, I'm feeling.. well, actually, I'm feeling a little dozed and have no idea how I feel about going. Some of you might have seen via a different thread, but I was involved in quite a bad motorway accident a week ago, and I'm on very strong painkillers, which at the moment seem to be killing all my senses.

They pose another problem, too, because I can't drink on them. I was hoping to ease myself off them before freshers, but last night I forgot to take them on time, and by the time i remembered, the damage was done. I ended up curled in a ball in a pitch black room with no noise trying to get rid of my terrible headache/neckache etc. So, it's looking like i'll still be taking them during freshers, which is a bit disappointing.

Today I've been packing up and labelling boxes, there are so many boxes! :eek: I'm really not sure how I'm going to fit all this stuff in my room. I'll take pictures tomorow, maybe.

Well, I don't want to turn this into too much of a wall of text, so I'll share everything else I have to mindlessly bleat on about over the coming days..

:awesome:
    You're doing the EY degree? Do you know anyone who's going on the assesment day at More Place on the 24th of November. Its for the scholarship E&Y do and I can't find anyone on this site who's going it's crazy

ReputationRep:
    Amazon have camo t-shirts pretty cheap, you can get a large mens or something. Pay for next day delivery as well to get it before you go? Just a thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Engineer31)
    Are the painkillers good? If they are opiates, screw alcohol and keep taking them
    They're called Tramadol, they're pretty good but have quite a few side effects - slight headaches, dizziness, drowsiness and sickness are the ones I seem to be getting. But, it's better than not taking them

ReputationRep:
    I negged because of false advertisement

ReputationRep:
    Okay Okay Okay.. so there are

31 hours left

Before I set off for freshers.

Now, like I said in my last post, my parents went down to London yesterday. It's probably why I didn't post, I've been worried sick about them :/. Couldn't sleep or anything, and just felt plain ill with the thought of them driving and stuff. I also decided that I wouldn't take any of my painkillers yesterday, in case something happened to them and I needed to be non-drowsy.

It was a bad idea.

The day was pretty much hell - the first day I've done with no tramadol. It was horrific - I've never had such a bad migraine in my life, I quite literally spent most of my day in the recovery position in a dark room with earplugs in - feeling very, very sorry for my self. Add in the pain from the whiplash in my neck, back, shoulders, and the secondary pain in my limbs, the sickness from the migrane.. it was a mistake. I know now for sure that I'm not going to be off them by Sunday, which is a real disappointment - not just for the drinking, but I don't want to be drowsy and grouchy when I'm supposed to be having the time of my life meeting new people.

Anyway, enough about all that stuff. I'm getting sick of it. My parents are back, and I'm upset about leaving for uni. I'm going to miss my dad's terrible jokes, my mum's roadrage and my brother's complete lack of manners.

I've found a camouflage bed sheet from which I plan to fashion an army outfit

I've got all my stuff pretty much sorted, but tomorrow is going to be one stupidly busy day. Tomorrow I need to:

- Buy Stationary
    - Buy toilet rolls
    - Buy washing powder and fabric softner
    - Buy basic cleaning items
    - Buy fairy lights
    - Visit and say goodbye to my grandparents
    - Book for dinner at the pub thing my parents want to have dinner at
    - Go to the cinema with my friend, who's been having a really hard time at uni
    - Spend some last minute quality time with the family
    - Dream of how awesome freshers' is going to be.

All in one day!

Oh yes, I forgot - Also, today I actually went for a job interview for a part time job in Lancaster. I think it went OK, I'm really not sure though. In all honesty, I've no idea if I have the job. It's for Vue cinemas, in the city, and looks pretty damn good. Around 16 hours a week, give or take, variable hours, free cinema tickets, reasonable pay. I really hope I get the job.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Actually, I also hope I get the job because getting to this damn interview and back was a bloody nightmare. On what felt like the hottest day of the year I had to dress up in my heels, blouse and pencil skirt, catch a train to Preston, wait in the boiling station for the train to be 11 minutes late, stand up on a rush hour train with my face pressed against a window and someone leaning on my boob, absolutely baking to death, have the train miss the Lancaster stop and go back, with me now being literally Just.On.Time. Then getting the same set of trains back - again late - with nine screaming, running and generally terribly behaved toddlers sat around me. Eurgh.

Anyway.. the rest of the packing tomorrow, and then onward to Lancaster!

One final thing. I must stop forgetting to use that spot cream that the doctor gave me. It's worked really well, just there are still one or two i need to get rid of, but i keep forgetting to put it on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tut.exe)
    I negged because of false advertisement
    ...false advertisement?

ReputationRep:
    ...false advertisement?
    I thought some boobies literally actually moved up the road.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tut.exe)
    I thought some boobies literally actually moved up the road.
    Ahhh i understand now. If it helps to console you over this, there is a lovely GIF of some boobies up there ^

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh i understand now. If it helps to console you over this, there is a lovely GIF of some boobies up there ^
    And in fairness, presumably your boobies will move up the road.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    And in fairness, presumably your boobies will move up the road.
    Well yes, I wasn't planning on leaving them behind

ReputationRep:
    I'm amazed at the amount of people who call it tea.. I really thought it was just us lot..
    Evening meal is always 'tea' in the Black Country (Dudley/Wolvo way). 'Dinner' is our midday meal, rather than 'lunch'. As my mum sometimes used to say on a Sunday: 'Not hungry yet? Do you want your dinner for tea?'

Get well soon

ReputationRep:
    Well yes, I wasn't planning on leaving them behind
    One must never assume:p:

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.