Turn on thread page Beta

Food and Drink: OUTRAGE! What Do You Mean, "I've Never Tried It"?! watch

ReputationRep:
    I had never tried a lamb shish kebab until Saturday when my boyfriend bought us one to share and it was like :sogood:. My first words after trying it was "I've been missing out on this for the past 17 years???". We have loads of kebab places nearby, it's shocking I hadn't tried it before.

I never understand people who've never had fish and chips - proper seaside fish and chips. Living right next to the beach though, I guess we have more than our fair share of chippies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    I..!
    My friend asked me if he could 'try' my apple the other day, I was a bit confused and then realised that he'd never tried an apple before! We're 19 ffs! It's my favourite food! And he'd seriously never tried one! He described it as 'orite, not that great though' < !!!

ReputationRep:
    My grandad was 40 before he tried a banana, weirdo.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had haribo

ReputationRep:
    Nandos or Dominos. :|
    Until last week I'd never eaten a Pot Noodle. I wasn't that impressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKGB)
    Never had a Nandos. When I told my Nandos-obsessed friends they looked at me as if I'd told them I eat babies.
    Neither have I, I feel somewhat out of the loop

ReputationRep:
    gammon.. i dont like other pork products... why would i like gammon?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...

I haven't tried Sushi, or ham, or tuna, or eggs, or salmon, or crab, or kiwi... Or Mayonnaise.

But I've heard that Ape Gone Insane has never had pancakes, so my lack of experimentation is fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate.)
    Same! Well, only started eating pizza relatively recently. Just order it without cheese. Delicious.
    Now that's a bizarre idea... I'll have to consider that sometime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    They must have done, when they were a baby...
    Well obviously Cows milk I mean

ReputationRep:
    I've never had sushi or hummus.

Is that how you spell it? Humus? Hummus? Hummous :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Before I left home, I was never a particularly adventurous eater and hadn't ever really eaten much fish that wasn't coated in breadcrumbs or any shellfish or any exotic fruits or vegetables.

Anyway, at the beginning of this year, I was at a friend's house and she made Quail's eggs with asparagus. She forgave my lack of experience with quails eggs (which were nice but for all the hassle of preperation - essentially just little eggs) but couldn't believe that I had never eaten asparagus.

I still maintain that it tastes like very expensive stewed twigs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koistyjayne)
    One of my friends has never drunk milk...
    :lies:

What did he drink when he was a baby?

ReputationRep:
    Instant noodles don't appeal. Last year my flat in halls smelled of supernoodles most evenings, and although it wasn't too bad (I could live with it - I wasn't going around with the air freshener or anything), it didn't make me want to try them.

ReputationRep:
    I have never eaten at Nando's or KFC.

When people hear that they look something like this: :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    Some mega-shockers on here!!

Actually something I came to realise in my other threads - the sheer amount of people that have never tried:

Bernard Matthews Golden Drummers and Bernard Matthews Mini Kievs!

Seriously, it was a total childhood STAPLE for any 90s kid growing up in a working class family!!
    I'm a 90s kid who grew up in a working class family but I've never had the Mini Kievs, only had the Golden Drummers at school. My mum always makes food from scratch after work, and I've pretty much followed in her footsteps. But the Mini Kievs look fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    I know a boy who raged because I told him I'd never tried beetroot as he made a beetroot, lettuce and hummus toastie.

ReputationRep:
    I've never eaten at KFC! The bearded man on the logo always looks suspiciously cheerful, with just a hint of psychosis. Plus I just don't really like chicken.

When I extol the virtues of Reese's peanut butter cups (which is often, they're amazebells), someone somewhere always says 'WTF never heard of that'. And I'm all woah, woah, WOAH nelly. To not have tried them is understandable, but to not have even HEARD of them is just bizarro in the extreme.

Do they not have TV? Eyes?

ReputationRep:
    I've never had Nando's either. At uni people talked about it as if it was the greatest thing in the world. Perhaps I should try it sometime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    McDonalds. I mean, I know their food is crap and plastic, but surely we all grew up wanting a happy meal :zomg:.
    You don't eat the toys mate...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.