Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srascal8)
    Wow, well this is my number one choice, but its the only course that I'm applying which involves economics, and even then, this course is only 25%, I've mentioned economics very little, other than clutching it in the last paragraph with the rest of my AS subjects saying it provides me with similar skills to history etc. would you say I wouldn't need to include much, 1) seeing as it is only 25% economics and 2) I am taking the subject at A2? Also, if I'm applying on the 31st October, does that mean I should get a response by the end of November?
    Certainly don't spend much of your ps on a subject which is worth 25% of 1 out of 5. (I'm no good at maths - someone on here will be able to work out what a tiny fraction that is.) The standard advice is to decide what you really want to study before attempting to write a PS which links several different subjects. Remember that what you say about economics will be irrelevant to 4 out of 5 admissions tutors and they may think you are uncommitted or indecisive.

I cannot guarantee that you will get a reply by a certain date. As they used to say on some financial advert or other, past performance is no guide to the future. My experience has been that for several years, this department has responded very quickly compared to other universities for other courses. That is subject to change at any time, maybe because of a change in personnel, policy, whatever. What will be, will be.

Anyway, Manchester's a good choice. I went there myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)

Anyway, Manchester's a good choice. I went there myself.
    I really want to go there. I know its reputation has taken a bit of a bashing in recent years (fall in league tables etc) but I still think it is a highly respected university in a large northern city, can't wait!

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.