Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Starbucks, Costa, Cafe Nero and any other large coffee shop.

I know for a fact that they buy huge bags of coffee beans that can make around 40 cups of coffee for £1.50....

A coffee alone is £2.50. Which if my calculations are correct...every coffee sold makes a 66% profit.

(Original post by TotoMimo)
    Pizza Hut and Dominos Pizza have the highest profit markup of any takeaway junk food chain.

Yeah. THAT.
    :O And that pizza doesn't even look good... Well done Pizza Hut and Dominos Owners!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    What's up with your uni choices? :/
    Nothing? Why, what's wrong with them?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's got to be pints of lager etc.
    I mean, £3 a pint is normal now, that's considerably more than petrol ffs. you can't tell me lager is more valuable than petrol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thompsonic7)
    Nothing? Why, what's wrong with them?
    Considering you're predicted AAA, apart from Durham they're all horribly weak. I was going under the assumption you knew this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarface-Don)
    Tbh I cant really tell the difference between them and Sainsbury's home-made doughnuts.
    Yeah but you actually can though clearly cripeh creams are far far superior.

ReputationRep:
    One small cookie - 55p :shock:
    1 small pizza slice - £1.20

Outrageous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Considering you're predicted AAA, apart from Durham they're all horribly weak. I was going under the assumption you knew this?
    Yes and if you look closely you'll notice I'm applying for Primary Education which isn't offered at any Russel Group universities. I was going under the assumption you knew this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thompsonic7)
    Yes and if you look closely you'll notice I'm applying for Primary Education which isn't offered at any Russel Group universities. I was going under the assumption you knew this?
    Lancaster, Edinburgh, York, Warwick, Manchester, Birmingham? Sorry if I'm wrong, I'm just going on what I can see in the guardian table for education.

ReputationRep:
    In one area I go to, I can get a 7 inch pizza, chips and a can of drink for £2. In areas closer to home (Central london-ish) this will cost in an excess of £10 ...ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    C'mon now, options hot chocolate £3.49 for a pot in tesco near me! geez, its just chocolate powder! saying that, the tesco in town it sells for £2.89.

ReputationRep:
    Anything Kosher!

ReputationRep:
    Tropicana 1.5l. £3.78 at the Co-Op. Bloody Rip Off.

ReputationRep:
    Ben & Jerry's is almost a fiver! (although i do love it on the rare occasion its on offer and i can afford to buy it)

ReputationRep:
    Gordon Ramsay's restaurants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    I'm sure corned beef used to be cheaper than real beef - suspect the Argentinians are quietly screwing us because of the Faulkland Is.
    Sainsburys basics is still under £2 for a 340g tin. Lidyls stock corned beef at a similar price. I don't know about Asda, but the best price Tesco offer is £2 a tin, which is still a sensible price, just not much of a bargain.

Advice: every single tin tastes exactly the same, no matter what brand you buy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingkongjaffa)
    Yeah but you actually can though clearly cripeh creams are far far superior.
    Negged for your incoherence and lack of explanation.

ReputationRep:
    Pringles are now £2.49 in Waitrose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJane)
    I was shocked at how expensive chicken breasts were.

£4.65 for ASDA own brand 3 chicken breasts. Yet I got like 4-5 massive chicken legs (ASDA own brand) for £2.40.

I want chicken.
    That's because each chicken has only two breasts, and every ****er seems to want them for some reason (don't ask me why, I think they taste of nothing). A simpel case of supply vs demand. As well as that, they have to pay someone to butcher them.

On the other hand, you can get some serious bargains on wings, thighs and drumsticks in the supermarket.

Which leads me to point out: KFC is a massive rip off.

ReputationRep:

pretty expensive at around a fiver for 500ml, but when you take the first bite..and heaven melts into your mouth, it becomes worth every penny *bows head in shame*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    :eek: cereal for £8, what is the world coming to? Is it even good? A lot of american cereals taste disgusting.
    i was so tasted to buy it cos i love reeses other products

but yeah lucky charms is there too, thats the same price and the boxes are really tiny

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.