Can YOU fix the economy? Watch

Pimpernel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yes i can. just bring me some duct tape, a hammer, a bottle of clapol and a garden rake. be back to normal in no time.
fourdigit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ...mo...)
Hi.

On TV and online we see politicians and "experts" have meeting upon metting and still can't come to a decision which will solve or even recover the financial mess that we are in.

Global leaders need new ideas that will work, so where else but TSR.
I believe there is someone out there who can fix the mess but we all have secrets, and I'm aware of that myself.

e.g. If I knew, I'd be reluctant to help. Why? Because it's their mess, they should fix it first before crawling on someone's door step where millions of people will asking for their help and aid.

Trust me, its a unsightful thing to see.
...mo...
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by fourdigit)
I believe there is someone out there who can fix the mess but we all have secrets, and I'm aware of that myself.

e.g. If I knew, I'd be reluctant to help. Why? Because it's their mess, they should fix it first before crawling on someone's door step where millions of people will asking for their help and aid.

Trust me, its a unsightful thing to see.
You say their mess. Do you mean Amercia. How come we have to suffer from their reckless behaviour?
...mo...
Rep:
?
(Original post by denislaw)
In southern England that strategy was selling houses last year that had stuck for months.
With higher house prices a larger deposit and total needs may need to be paid. Therefore a larger mortgage is needed. With the lack of borrowing by banks it undermines confiedence and leads to less home being bought.
...mo...
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quady)
Nice theory.

In reality land thats not whats happened.

As fees have been introduced and risen over the last 14 years demand has increased.
You say demand. This is not proof.

As the population increases, more students are going to college. The demand that you talk about does not take this inflation in to account. While the total number of applicants may increase the % decreases which can be shown in research carried out. Furthermore the demand for university places is to become more elastic as it is seen as a luxury by many. To compensate the goverment intends to create more apprentiship oppertunities which will futher decrease demand
...mo...
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quady)
Well for a start population growth gives an ever increasing amount of hman resource.
Solar energy introduced into the world increases world resources.
So the resources aren't finite.
Some resources are finite while others are not. The goverment realise this which is why the germans have decided to go green and invest in more eco friendly soultions. However to counter that arguement the UK goverement in the last few years has forcasted excess demand for electricity on a large scale. Therefore they have decided to go nuclear big time which uses up scarce resources.

While some resources are in abundence others are not. The goverment should aim to utilise such resources which maximise welfare and reduce econmic and enviromental costs.

The question is, how? Hence the title
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
While the total number of applicants may increase the % decreases which can be shown in research carried out.
Cool, I've not seen this, can you post a link?

Thanks in advance.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Some resources are finite while others are not. The goverment realise this which is why the germans have decided to go green and invest in more eco friendly soultions. However to counter that arguement the UK goverement in the last few years has forcasted excess demand for electricity on a large scale. Therefore they have decided to go nuclear big time which uses up scarce resources.

While some resources are in abundence others are not. The goverment should aim to utilise such resources which maximise welfare and reduce econmic and enviromental costs.

The question is, how? Hence the title
The poster didn't say some resources are finite, they were saying as are in a closed system so overall resources are finite which isn't true.
...mo...
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quady)
The poster didn't say some resources are finite, they were saying as are in a closed system so overall resources are finite which isn't true.
If some resources are finite and some are infinite then overall resources are classed as finite. btw which resources are finite and can be fully utilised in the short run at low costs?
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If some resources are finite and some are infinite then overall resources are classed as finite. btw which resources are finite and can be fully utilised in the short run at low costs?
I'd say an amount plus infinity is infinity.

Well I'd say there is a finite amount housing, they could be compulsorily purchased for pennies and sold on.

(bte - found the links to the research on the decrease in student numbers as a proportion of the population?)
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
While the total number of applicants may increase the % decreases which can be shown in research carried out.
Hi Mo, guess you missed post 47, here it is again:

'Cool, I've not seen this, can you post a link?

Thanks in advance.'

as in a link to the research that shows university applications haven't kept up with population growth.
SoulfulBoy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi.

On TV and online we see politicians and "experts" have meeting upon metting and still can't come to a decision which will solve or even recover the financial mess that we are in.

Global leaders need new ideas that will work, so where else but TSR.
My plan is simple:

A quarter of the worldwide male population should work as pimpin
A quarter of the worldwide female population should work as whores
A quarter of the worldwide female population should work as cleaners/cookers
A quarter of the worldwide male population should work as clients
A quarter of the worldwide female population should work as whore managers (same level as pimpin)
A quarter of the worldwide male population should work as rapists
A quarter of the worldwide male population should work as rapists hunters/police cops
A quarter of the worldwide female population should work as raped women assistants

Isn't my plan perfect?

TSR, I am the new leader of the New World Order

:cool:
Ziggy2252
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It may not fix it but it will certainly make a big difference would be to create tax-free zones, parts of the UK - wales ,the north east, NI , have reached near soviet levels of state dependency. The public sector has crowded out the private sector meaning nothing can grow when state accounts are at 60% GDP or more , slashing state spending will not work by its self by creating free zones it will encourage the private sector to move into those areas as spendings cut , it will free space up for business and entrepreneurs and the economy will respond as it has done in the past.
tif49
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Remove interest.

An economic system based on interest is bound to collapse.
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tif49)
Remove interest.

An economic system based on interest is bound to collapse.
Self interest?, Private virtues = public virtues? So what type of incentive based system do you believe we should enact? Its easy to critisize a system but much more difficult to come up with a new one.
Manitude
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think my solution would work:

kill 90% of the population, leaving only the kindest, most loving people (this would exclude me right here) or the most intelligent people (again, probably excludes me here)
abolish all money/debts up till then, let the survivors work out how they wish to re-start the planet.
tif49
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bill_Gates)
Self interest?, Private virtues = public virtues? So what type of incentive based system do you believe we should enact? Its easy to critisize a system but much more difficult to come up with a new one.
Yeah you're right, it is easy to criticize but difficult to come up with a solution.
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Manitude)
I think my solution would work:

kill 90% of the population, leaving only the kindest, most loving people (this would exclude me right here) or the most intelligent people (again, probably excludes me here)
abolish all money/debts up till then, let the survivors work out how they wish to re-start the planet.
You must have pictures of Malthus all over your bedroom wall eh?
Manitude
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bill_Gates)
You must have pictures of Malthus all over your bedroom wall eh?
How did you know!
(actually I recently moved into my uni accommodation, posters are still rolled up )
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Manitude)
How did you know!
(actually I recently moved into my uni accommodation, posters are still rolled up )
Haha Im more of a John Ruskin guy myself, i like to see everyone in society having a better standard of living.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should Banksy be put in prison?

Yes (249)
14.46%
No (1473)
85.54%

Watched Threads