Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Eductation: A Levels.
    Race: Caucasian
    Nationality: British

1. Looks:
    Such as:
    a. Is there a particular eye colour that you prefer on men? Im partial to blue eyes.
    b. Is there a certain height that you like on guys? I like tall, alot! Like above 6ft.
    c. Is there any particular body type that you find attractive on men? Slightly muscular but not too much.
    d. What hair colour and hair style do you like guys to have? I guess you could call it messy... like not straight but not massivley curly - kinda tufty and swirly hahah.
    e. Are there any particular facial features that you think look nice on men? A nice smile <3
    f. Do you like any piercings or tattoos guys? Not really.
    g. Do you like any facial hair on guys? Not really.
    h. What do you think of body hair? And hair down below? Natural or trimmed.
    i. Do you like guys who wear glasses? I dont mind.
    j. Is there a certain race that you are attracted to? White or olive-toned.
    k. Any thing extra that you can think of you think look physically good on guys? Just to mention again... a nice smile melts my hearttt.

2. Style: I guess you could just call this normal but; jeans, hi-tops or skate shoes, a tshirt and hoody or something. Cant stand these wannabe river island/topman models around with their military boots and chinos

3. Personality: I like them to be kind of mysterious - like won't open straight away and will only open once they know you well enough. I like them to be smiley and make eye contact - eye contact is a must. Also, if he can hold a good conversation then im happy. I kinda like him to be into sport - something like tennis or just something different rather than just a typical football yob :P

4. Is there anything that would put you off a man?
    If he's always complaining... or if he is abusive to other people or something like that. Also being flirty with loads of girls is an obvious no-no, being friends is okay of course but he needs to save that side for just one person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloodbath)
    LOLZ at sunglasses, football and total gent. Isn't football and total gent mutually exclusive?
    Where did I say I want him to wear sunglasses?!
    Also, no, my guy is a professional footballer and a total gent, so not mutually exclusive at all. Just because the minority act like idiots and get in the papers doesn't mean they're all like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaredfranco)
    Ladies, what qualities do you look for in a guy?

Such as:

1. Looks (Please don't say that looks don't matter, they do to an extent and for this question please just tell me what physical features/qualities that you think look good on guys for you.)

Such as:
    a. Is there a particular eye colour that you prefer on men?
    b. Is there a certain height that you like on guys?
    c. Is there any particular body type that you find attractive on men? (Fat, thin, muscular, lean with only some muscles etc.)
    d. What hair colour and hair style do you like guys to have? (Long, short, shaggy, neat and tidy etc.)
    e. Are there any particular facial features that you think look nice on men? (Long noise, big lips, nice smile, good teeth etc.)
    f. Do you like any piercings or tattoos guys?
    g. Do you like any facial hair on guys?
    h. What do you think of body hair? And hair down below? (Natural, trimmed or waxed?)
    i. Do you like guys who wear glasses?
    j. Is there a certain race that you are attracted to?
    k. Any thing extra that you can think of you think look physically good on guys?

2. Style (Clothes, shoes and accessories that you've noticed look good on guys. Is there also any particular brand that you think looks good? Such as Vans, Converse etc.)

3. Personality (The most important one. What personal qualities do you look for in a man? Are there certain interests that you want them to have? Do you want them to have a specific religion? Do you like any particular accents?)

4. Is there anything that would put you off a man? (Things that you could just not deal with such as a certain personality trait like being arrogant or a physical problem such as acne?)

This is for my survey of the 'perfect man'. No such thing really exists but if you could create one then please tell me the specification that you would pick. Just tell me what your dream man would be like particularly with the 4 points that I have written above. Could you please also write it in the numbered format like the one above to make it more clear

IMPORTANT!
    To help with the survey could you please specify these things at the beginning of your post:
    1. Your age
    2. If you're in full/part time education (Please specify what type of education you are in, such as University or Studying A Levels etc.) or if you're NOT doing full/part time education (If so please state what you are doing at the moment, such as working or seeking employment etc.)
    3. Your Race
    4. Your Nationality
    (I'm trying to see if there are any age/cultural differences in the answers.)

Thank you for helping
    :hi:
    Me:
    1. 16
    2. Full time college (A-levels), just started first year
    3. White
    4. British/English

My answers:
    1. A) Any colour really, I don't tend to notice..
    B) I don't mind, I have never found myself less attracted to short guys as some of my friends say.
    C) Definitely lean to skinny for me
    D) Not short or cropped, my favourite would be kind of mid-length (long enough to be floppy), but any longer than that would be good too. Definitely not skinhead.
    E) Cheekbones! :love: :perv: Also I quite like a strong nose
    F) Nooooooooo :nooo:
    G) I wouldn't mind neat-ish stubble, beard or goatee kind of thing. Definitely not a moustache, and I don't find long full beards attractive.. A few mm tops!
    H) :curious:
    I) I wouldn't mind either way
    J) Nor particularly..
    K) :dontknow:

2. Not chavvy - not trackies, ever. Other than that, I don't particularly mind, whatever looks good on them.

3. Well, the obvious stuff I guess. Kind, caring, understanding etc etc. I don't think I could get very close with a guy who was devoutly religious because of a difference in views, and similarly if our political views were very different I would find it hard to get along. I don't mind what interests they have really, but I would prefer them to be quiet/shy than in your face or arrogant.

4. Nothing in particular I can think of now. Any traits the opposite of what I've put

ReputationRep:
    Such as:
    a. Is there a particular eye colour that you prefer on men? I have no preference, as long as they look friendly and deep
    b. Is there a certain height that you like on guys? A few inches taller than me (I am 5ft4)
    c. Is there any particular body type that you find attractive on men? (Fat, thin, muscular, lean with only some muscles etc.) Lean with only some muscles
    d. What hair colour and hair style do you like guys to have? (Long, short, shaggy, neat and tidy etc.) I like curly hair, usually dark hair or medium brown
    e. Are there any particular facial features that you think look nice on men? (Long noise, big lips, nice smile, good teeth etc.) Nice smile and good skin
    f. Do you like any piercings or tattoos guys? They are alright if they aren't too excessive or on display all the time
    g. Do you like any facial hair on guys? Only if it suits him
    h. What do you think of body hair? And hair down below? (Natural, trimmed or waxed?)
    I like it unless there is too much of it or too dark. Trimmed
    i. Do you like guys who wear glasses? Not usually, it depends on the person
    j. Is there a certain race that you are attracted to? No preference
    k. Any thing extra that you can think of you think look physically good on guys? Good dress sense and nice strong looking forearms.

2. Style (Clothes, shoes and accessories that you've noticed look good on guys. Is there also any particular brand that you think looks good? Such as Vans, Converse etc.)

Shirts that are the right size and have rolled up sleeves (3/4), fitted jeans (no skinny), layers, and smart shoes.

3. Personality (The most important one. What personal qualities do you look for in a man? Are there certain interests that you want them to have? Do you want them to have a specific religion? Do you like any particular accents?)

Kindness, ruggedness, generosity, patience, sense of humour, sense of adventure, open mind, down to earth and calm. Interests: religion, animals, nature, cooking, writing and music. Christianity. Not bothered about accents .

4. Is there anything that would put you off a man? (Things that you could just not deal with such as a certain personality trait like being arrogant or a physical problem such as acne?)

Arrogance, disloyalty, impatience, shallowness, ignorance and bossiness.

IMPORTANT!
    To help with the survey could you please specify these things at the beginning of your post:
    1. Your age: 22
    2. If you're in full/part time education: F/T University undergraduate.
    3. Your Race: Caucasian
    4. Your Nationality: British (English)

Female, 18, white British, studying A2 levels.

1. Looks (Please don't say that looks don't matter, they do to an extent and for this question please just tell me what physical features/qualities that you think look good on guys for you.)

Such as:
    a. Is there a particular eye colour that you prefer on men? not really
    b. Is there a certain height that you like on guys? well, my old BF of 2 years was 4 inches shorter than me, the guy I'm currently into is about 6 foot (I'm 5 foot 7) so I can't say I'm fussy XD
    c. Is there any particular body type that you find attractive on men? tall and skinny I do like muscle, but not a lot, and six packs are kinda gross to me.
    d. What hair colour and hair style do you like guys to have? longish, no particular colour, and CLEAN, no gel
    e. Are there any particular facial features that you think look nice on men? Depends on the guy, but I do have a thing for pretty eyes...
    f. Do you like any piercings or tattoos guys? absolutely not.
    g. Do you like any facial hair on guys? noooo
    h. What do you think of body hair? And hair down below? I'm not a fan of chest hair, not too fussed about what's below
    i. Do you like guys who wear glasses? yes yes YES! <3 <3 glasses are so hot
    j. Is there a certain race that you are attracted to? usually only white guys
    k. Any thing extra that you can think of you think look physically good on guys? again, GLASSES <3

2. Style (Clothes, shoes and accessories that you've noticed look good on guys. Is there also any particular brand that you think looks good? Such as Vans, Converse etc.) anything that isn't those god-awful huge patterned wool jumpers that seem to be in trend at the moment. if it fits and looks okay on them, i'm happy.

3. Personality (The most important one. What personal qualities do you look for in a man? Are there certain interests that you want them to have? Do you want them to have a specific religion? Do you like any particular accents?) being one myself, I'd prefer an atheist. hard-working, I cannot stand lazy people.

4. Is there anything that would put you off a man? (Things that you could just not deal with such as a certain personality trait like being arrogant or a physical problem such as acne?) yep, arrogance. As I said, lazyness. rudeness, racism/sexism etc., anyone unable to deal with my views.

ReputationRep:
    Another thread that proves that short men are basically considered worthless by women. I guess that men who are shorter than 5'8" should just go and kill themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ikae)
    I guess that men who are shorter than 5'8" should just go and kill themselves.
    Yep, go and jump of the top of a stool.

(Original post by jaredfranco)
    Ladies, what qualities do you look for in a guy?

Thank you for helping
    Anon because I'm basically describing a guy from here that I know in real life :P

Me -
    19, First year of Uni, full-time. Bengali heritage, British nationality.

a) Dark brown eyes
    b) At least a couple of inches taller than me (so 5ft 4 and above, but when it gets to more than 30cm taller than me, it has the potential to be a bit awkward)
    c) Lean, but toned - not too built up, but with good shoulders and arms
    d) black or dark brown hair - not too short, not too long (3cm-8cm, probably) But it's also about how it falls/is styled
    e) DIMPLES! And a nice smile in general. Strong, dark eyebrows as well. NOT thick lips.
    f) No
    g) A slight stubble can be good depending on how well the guy can pull it off, but never a moustache.
    h) A little is fine. None at all or too much is a bit weird. Can't comment too much though.
    i) If they have style while they wear it, then hellayeah.
    j) Arab/SE Asian/Latino looking guys usually
    k) When they raise their eyebrows and their forehead creases slightly, can be very sexy. And when their smile is slightly lopsided, like they smile more with one side than the other.

Shirts with sleeves rolled up to about 3 quarters, either with or without a tie. A guy in a sharp suit (but not too flashy, like shiny silver or something) always looks good. For casual wear, short sleeved hoodies with longer sleeved tops underneath can look good. Wearing obvious brands with big names splashed across their t-shirts is a major turnoff though.

3. Considerate of other people, polite, hardworking and interested in learning. Interested in helping others. Someone that likes travelling and eating and doesn't just talk about how many hours they spend at the gym. Someone that wants an equal, not a kitchen-slave. Muslim, but someone that practices Islam with a full understanding and doesn't have warped cultural views that are actually unislamic. Accents - someone that speaks English with a slightly posh-because-they're-from-another-country accent, but that's hard to describe.

4. Anyone that is rude or mean about someone is an instant turnoff. As is someone that is patronising and laughs at me in a "haha, you're such a girl" way. I can take joking, but when it's in a condescending way, I hate it. Someone that interrupts or talks over you, or doesn't listen to answers to questions that they asked. Arrogance in general - I don't get the girls that say that it is attractive. Also, unhygienic guys.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 28, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.