Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

how did you get into the IT industry? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapgeminiGraduate)
    Hey guys I am new to The Student Room, hello everyone I just got into the software testing industry, I started a graduate programme 1 month ago for a company that is owned by Capgemini. They are having a large graduate intake this year... If anybody is interested in getting an interview, just message me and I'll give you the name of the firm and a link to details of the graduate programme and I can pass your CV on to them to ensure you get a telephone interview
    Whats in it for you to post eight identical posts pushing recruitment for CapGem?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sear...duser&u=945762

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I recently applied into Metaswitch and it asked me to complete an online assessment (time: 15 mins). Any idea about their verbal and numeric reasoning questions? Difficulty?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    If the company has examples online then they should give your an insight. Each company is different. Do a quick search on Google should bring up plenty of examples.

ReputationRep:
    @welshwaynejack I couldnt find examples..i went to their provider and found something like 50 questions in 15 minutes.. OnDemandAssessment..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Whats in it for you to post eight identical posts pushing recruitment for CapGem?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sear...duser&u=945762
    The chance to be a smug moron probs.. thats what all capgem employees are like..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grad_Start)
    Hi All,

I recently applied into Metaswitch and it asked me to complete an online assessment (time: 15 mins). Any idea about their verbal and numeric reasoning questions? Difficulty?

Thanks in advance.
    I didn't find it that difficult, its just relatively standard for one of these online tests. I imagine the only difference between the one for Metaswitch and other companies will be the value they consider to be worth interviewing.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I did a BTEC National Diploma IT Practitioners, and then went to university to study Software Engineering; now I'm just looking for a job.

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (software development) - my results should be D*D*D*, and before I go university, I need a full time job, will one the agencies mentioned give any temporary positions or is it a more permanent career?

I want to go into games programming but obviously I need a degree and applied to the university course related to it.

Would all of these agencies that consider straight A's at A level even consider my BTEC with the grades I have?

In long term, I might plan to do software engineering if I have the capability and dedication to continue into the programming field.

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Quick link:

Unanswered IT and technology threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.