Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ITs generally more expensive to eat healthy especially when buying from a shop.

ReputationRep:
    I'd post something i have a problem with...but ever since dropping from 28stone to 14 stone in 3 months by just not eating unhealthy stuff like sweets adn meat i don't really have any health problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phiddy23)
    Good idea

One thing I would say though is keep an eye on your sugar levels - I used to eat smoothies all the time until I realised how much sugar (and therefore carbs) there is in them, which will make you put on weight and feel crappy etc. Having said that it is way better to be eating them than junk and they are full of healthy vitamins and minerals
    Thanks, just one glass a day should be fine though right? better than a chocolate bar i hope? (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luxray)
    If you can't feed yourself healthily for <£3 a day you're doing something wrong.
    if you can't conceivably feed yourself for <£1.50 a day occasionally you're doing something mega-wrong.

ReputationRep:
    aint that the truth, our food bills have gone up since ive gone on a diet

(Original post by almasy)
    I'd post something i have a problem with...but ever since dropping from 28stone to 14 stone in 3 months by just not eating unhealthy stuff like sweets adn meat i don't really have any health problems.

meat isnt unhealthy

ReputationRep:
    That the main turn off for people i think,

My local spar does a Salad for like £2.35, however, for that price you can get to big bags of doritos, or a pasty or two, two doors down from the spar, you can get chips, burger and a drink for £1.60?

How does that work, Chips burger and a drink is somehow cheaper than a salad? Nonetheless, the salads are gorgeous!

ReputationRep:
    If you can't feed yourself healthily for <£3 a day you're doing something wrong.
    if you can't conceivably feed yourself for <£1.50 a day occasionally you're doing something mega-wrong.
    how can you feed yourself for less than 3 pounds a day?????

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to improve my diet but I have a psychotic gag reflex when it comes to the vast majority of food. Even if I can suppress it for half a mean it kicks in at a random time and I find it very hard not to hurl. Ever seen the BBC3 documentary Freaky Eaters? It's kinda like that.

If you can't conceivably feed yourself for <£1.50 a day occasionally you're doing something mega-wrong.
    I do that on occasion but as a consequence of doing something very wrong (i.e. not eating)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    how can you feed yourself for less than 3 pounds a day?????
    pasta for tea, beans on toast for dinner and whatever cereal i'm eating for breakfast
    can be made even cheaper if you make your bread yourself or grow your own food
    Thats the £1.50
    add some fruit and veg with the other £1.50 or add some supper.

ReputationRep:
    pasta for tea, beans on toast for dinner and whatever cereal i'm eating for breakfast
    can be made even cheaper if you make your bread yourself or grow your own food
    My idea of healthy food:

a veggie pot from Innocent (3 of 5 a day) and an innocent smoothies (2 of 5 a day) but way too expensive: works at 6 pounds and this is JUST for lunch!!!! My mum cooks at home and I could eat breakfast at home, but I cannot always afford 6 pounds for lunch just so that I can get my 5 a day!

ReputationRep:
    ...but it get boring.

(my case)

ReputationRep:
    I want to be healthy but after exercise I get really hungry.
    Also I love healthy food but somehow feel the need to eat something high calorie as well in order to feel satisfied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    My idea of healthy food:

a veggie pot from Innocent (3 of 5 a day) and an innocent smoothies (2 of 5 a day) but way too expensive: works at 6 pounds and this is JUST for lunch!!!! My mum cooks at home and I could eat breakfast at home, but I cannot always afford 6 pounds for lunch just so that I can get my 5 a day!
    a half a 420g of beans is 2 1/2 of the five a day, have an apple sometime during the day, and something with your breakfast (there's enough cereals with dried fruit mixed in out there) drive that up to 3 1/2 or 4, then have the rest from orange juice.
    try buying vegatables seperately and making your own stuff, will work out a lot cheaper, you're not paying £6 for food, you're paying £6 for laziness, there's a massive difference.

ReputationRep:
    a half a 420g of beans is 2 1/2 of the five a day, have an apple sometime during the day, and something with your breakfast (there's enough cereals with dried fruit mixed in out there) drive that up to 3 1/2 or 4, then have the rest from orange juice.
    try buying vegatables seperately and making your own stuff, will work out a lot cheaper, you're not paying £6 for food, you're paying £6 for laziness, there's a massive difference.
    baked beans from a tin are crap, full of sugar and should be avoided

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    baked beans from a tin are crap, full of sugar and should be avoided
    From the guy who thinks meat isn't unhealthy...

ReputationRep:
    From the guy who thinks emat isn't unhealthy...
    what the hell is emat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    Hello all,
    I would like to start a thread for everyone who wants to be healthy but for some reason or another (e.g. lazyness, too much effort requird etc), has still not reached this goal.
    So I will start:
    I want to be healthy but I find junk food tastier than fruits.
    Does moving thumbs to play COD count as exercise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    what the hell is emat?
    meat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joeyboy 12)
    Does moving thumbs to play COD count as exercise?
    what is COD?

ReputationRep:
    meat isn't unhealthy :s

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.