Pretty much a bankrupt student. How do I make money? Watch

Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm sure you can manage. I got my student loan on friday. I've been at uni for about 6 weeks with 20 quid to my name. If I can survive on that then you can survive on £80!!
The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Muninn)
Not really, all 'healthy' food is dirt cheap anyway with the exception of fruit.
Where the hell do you shop and what do you buy? I'd love to spend like £10/week on food on healthy stuff!
lionelmessi2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
egss, milk, fruits and vegetables, spaggheti/pasta, rice, potatoes, bread, mince
Muninn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by de_monies)
Where the hell do you shop and what do you buy? I'd love to spend like £10/week on food on healthy stuff!
Asda and wholefoods - lentils and rice, porridge oats, frozen vegetables, vegetable oil. (invest a few quid in spices, £3 on spices will last months and make that stuff taste like junk food)
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yesterday i went shopping and brought:

6x fruit pots (the snack ones) - 90p
1x sweede - 15p
2x tubs of beetroot - 30p
2x bags of carrots -20p
3x bags of mixed salad -45p
2x onions -60p
2x tesco french brie -1.60
2x tesco beans -76p
2x tesco bread -1.10
1x peper -60p
2x packs of sausages -1.50
1x mince - 1.20
1x broccoli -20p

total weekly shop: 9.56

added to the rice/pasta/noodles, ive already mass brought (as any good student should) and the fact that i still have some sauces (if I didnt, i would substitute out some items), will feed me very healthily for the week...
rachelkeira
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Get an overdraft?
Llamageddon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
you could always sign yourself up for medical testing.
The_Internet
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
yesterday i went shopping and brought:

6x fruit pots (the snack ones) - 90p
1x sweede - 15p
2x tubs of beetroot - 30p
2x bags of carrots -20p
3x bags of mixed salad -45p
2x onions -60p
2x tesco french brie -1.60
2x tesco beans -76p
2x tesco bread -1.10
1x peper -60p
2x packs of sausages -1.50
1x mince - 1.20
1x broccoli -20p

total weekly shop: 9.56

added to the rice/pasta/noodles, ive already mass brought (as any good student should) and the fact that i still have some sauces (if I didnt, i would substitute out some items), will feed me very healthily for the week...
AH fair enough (Though your veg shop seems to be much cheaper than my veg shop for the same stuff) I also get quite a bit of fish as well

BTW, Hovis best of both is £1 at Asda and Kingsmill 50/50 and the everyday white stuff is £1.05(or 2 for £2). Heinz beans (reduced salt and sugar) seem to be the healthiest beans
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
AH fair enough (Though your veg shop seems to be much cheaper than my veg shop for the same stuff) I also get quite a bit of fish as well

BTW, Hovis best of both is £1 at Asda and Kingsmill 50/50 and the everyday white stuff is £1.05(or 2 for £2). Heinz beans (reduced salt and sugar) seem to be the healthiest beans
those prices were buying reduced vedge at the end of the day... + its not a comfortable way of living (terms 2+3 when i have more money, due to rent payment dates, I live normally on 20+ pounds per week) but its do-able for someone who is in financial trouble, like the op...

+ yes, I miss fish... why cant it be cheaper
misst911
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can you get work at the university, the student bar or something? They're more flexible about your schedule and exams etc.
Eager bug
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why don't you try retail
interviews shouldn't be too bad if you know what you're doing
and you'll earn £5- £7 an hour
lauren9271
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Online survey websites are a good shout. They at least give you some money/freebies
kingme
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Recon1424
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
sell stuff you dont need.

do you have a games console? sell that, easy money... NO DONT HURT ME!.

phew was expecting someone to cyber punch me for suggesting that lol.
TobeTheHero
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
do you understand the meaning of bankruptcy?
Strangey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BethanW)
See if your university runs pshycology experiments. At UEA you can sign up to a mailing list and they email you when they need volunteers. They sometimes pay up to £10 for a few hours of your time.
Best idea yet. You'll be bored as hell, but money is money!
almasy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Live off of porridge, pasta and beans with a few cheap bananas and apples through in a day (9p for bananas from sainsburys, 15p for apples) can feed myself for £8 a week

leaves you £20 for 2 social outtings

or go round town around supermarket throwout time and scavenge through the bins.
Dr Tenacious
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't bet on football matches. I learnt that the hard way, why couldn't Arsenal beat Marseille...?:confused:
ihatecricket
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ham22)
^ and end up with your hoohar plastered all over the internet.
these are the sacrifices that one has to make if one wants to live the good life through university
lionelmessi2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In addition to my earlier post.

You can save money with vouchers from this website, and also get some stuff for free.

http://www.freestuff.co.uk/

http://www.freestuff.co.uk/free-money/ Some more companies that offer online work.

If you have a driving license for 3,5+ years you can also be a driving instructor and earn as much as 600 queen per week. the company is enlisted on the above website.

all the best.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (396)
46.05%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (264)
30.7%
I don't have an opinion (200)
23.26%

Watched Threads