Kimi Raikkonen signs for Renault Watch

Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's a tough call, its my favourate curcit but i loved Kimi in 05.
NOBODY MOVE!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
good to see proven driver in a seat. hope the magic is still there.

i also look forward to the exciting and insightful interviews he gives to sky + bbc.

Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lib)
Apparently he's coming into the factory today and then to the end of season party tonight (yes, it's a free bar although I don't remember there being ice cream last year, just a room full of desserts... ).

Insanely jealous...

Slow seeing this but you had better arrive tomorrow with a sly picture of you and Kimi together, Just saying...
Lib
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MHorman)
Insanely jealous...

Slow seeing this but you had better arrive tomorrow with a sly picture of you and Kimi together, Just saying...
Like this? I also got one with Jake.
Attached files
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lib)
YES!

Awesome guy. One of my favourite F1 drivers ever...

Also, if you ever want to share top secret stuff like secrets about next year then go for it...

You guys keeping Petrov for next year then?
We all know he has a contract but contracts have get out clauses and stuff and there are a lot of alright drivers around. Sutil, heidfield, grosjean, Senna, barricello, all need drives...
But with Kimi to win the races then you have Petrov to help the finances of the team?
f1mad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lib)
****. I hate you right now (jealous!).

Srsly, thats awesome!
Lib
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MHorman)
YES!

Awesome guy. One of my favourite F1 drivers ever...

Also, if you ever want to share top secret stuff like secrets about next year then go for it...

You guys keeping Petrov for next year then?
We all know he has a contract but contracts have get out clauses and stuff and there are a lot of alright drivers around. Sutil, heidfield, grosjean, Senna, barricello, all need drives...
But with Kimi to win the races then you have Petrov to help the finances of the team?
Petrov = vodka sponsor = Kimi.

Not even sure the higher ups know who is the second driver for definite yet. And we don't really need help with finances, but it always makes a driver look a little more like a prospect if he helps bring in the sponsers for any team.

Personally... Really can't see it being Sutil after what happened in China! And I also very much doubt we'd have Heidfeld back again as that didn't work. Also, doubt we'd go with Barricello over trying out a newer driver with more potential. Eric certainly seems to be pushing for Grosjean to race somewhere, but he seems to have tests elsewhere now, so I'd guess that either Petrov or Senna (with a clause to move over for Kubica) will get the seat.
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lib)
Are you one of those hanger-ons you get at these kinds of functions?

I like Jake Humphries, seems a really nice/genuine bloke.

Did you get any words out of Raikonnen?! I've not followed what he's been up to in the last couple of years, was he doing Colin McRae type rallying stuff?

Something similar to what Kubica did when he got those dreadful injuries? Just wonder whether Kubica will ever make a return, or successful return, to F1...
Marc Fiorano
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Vettel imitating Raikkonen at the Autosport awards from 9:20 onwards :rofl:

dhr90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Marc Fiorano)
Vettel imitating Raikkonen at the Autosport awards from 9:20 onwards :rofl:

I've been wanting to watch this again!! +rep
F1Addict
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lib)
Thats awesome! Damn.. I wish I was there.. ! Amazing!
Like_A_G6
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Watching videos of stuff related to the Vettel video and there was this one in which Steve Rider says sky are expecting to have EJ
f1mad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Like_A_G6)

Watching videos of stuff related to the Vettel video and there was this one in which Steve Rider says sky are expecting to have EJ
I agree with Christian Horner for once...
thomasp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

This picture from Jake Humphrey's twitter feed seems to suggest otherwise: http://yfrog.com/khbbmctj
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thomasp)
This picture from Jake Humphrey's twitter feed seems to suggest otherwise: http://yfrog.com/khbbmctj
If this is the case then i'll probably watch BBC up until the gridwalk then swap over to Sky for Brundle on the grid and then Brundle commentating...
Marc Fiorano
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I will actually take the time out to watch the highlights show on BBC after watching the race live on Sky if it means I'll get to see EJ. The guy just has me in stitches of laughter every race weekend.
Like_A_G6
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh dear. Raikkonen involved in a snowmobile racing accident. Good news is he should be fine before testing begins.
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Marc Fiorano)
I will actually take the time out to watch the highlights show on BBC after watching the race live on Sky if it means I'll get to see EJ. The guy just has me in stitches of laughter every race weekend.
Glad someone else likes him. He's always the one who grabs the drivers/team principles for interview.
Marc Fiorano
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
Glad someone else likes him. He's always the one who grabs the drivers/team principles for interview.
He's a legend imo. Such a character, little Irish bloke prancing around the paddock with sometimes the most ridiculous (yet extremely funny!) comments. He just gets so carried away in his rants :rofl: He's had so many fail moments on live TV in such a short space of time, classic!
Lib
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh dear. Raikkonen involved in a snowmobile racing accident. Good news is he should be fine before testing begins.
He was in yesterday with a cast on his wrist (according to my boyfriend). :rolleyes:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (748)
90.56%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (78)
9.44%

Watched Threads