Turn on thread page Beta

Is ambient music dead? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))

This is not borning. Its ambient bliss.

Underworld are just fantastic and its a shame many our age dont know them.
    Brought up on big beat/acid house/electronica. Chems, Prodigy, Underworld, Leftfield, Orbital, DP, Aphex, Death In Vegas, Primal Scream. Pretty much the best in that field in the 90s.

Glad someone shares my taste.

Everything, everything...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aisha~~)
    Brought up on big beat/acid house/electronica. Chems, Prodigy, Underworld, Leftfield, Orbital, DP, Aphex, Death In Vegas, Primal Scream. Pretty much the best in that field in the 90s.

During the brief period i had driving after i passed my test this was the song i played the most. Needless to say i probably wasn't the greatest of drivers as the music was so loud i couldn't hear if i was gear changing too quick or too late lol. In fact i generally just played too much Underworld and Leftfield! Cowgirl is one of the greatest tracks ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    During the brief period i had driving after i passed my test this was the song i played the most. Needless to say i probably wasn't the greatest of drivers as the music was so loud i couldn't hear if i was gear changing too quick or too late lol. In fact i generally just played too much Underworld and Leftfield! Cowgirl is one of the greatest tracks ever!
    There's only a few albums that have a constant rotation in my car. Leftfields Best Of, Underworlds Dubnobass, Chemicals Dig your own hole.

Haven't managed to see the first two live yet, but I did see Emerson do a live set at Ministry of Sound. That was pretty sick. Also got to see Aphex at Hyde park in July. That was ridiculous, just the pure power of his act was insane. The tent was meant for about 500 people. There was at least double that, with just as many dancing around outside.

ReputationRep:

Yes man, proberly my fav song!

I guess Peach tree is that mix of abient into electro. It def belongs on this thread though so others get a chance to get into underworld!

Dont know if "The girl with her sun in her head" by orbital counts as ambient, but ima post it here anyway

ReputationRep:
    There's only a few albums that have a constant rotation in my car. Leftfields Best Of, Underworlds Dubnobass, Chemicals Dig your own hole.

Haven't managed to see the first two live yet, but I did see Emerson do a live set at Ministry of Sound. That was pretty sick. Also got to see Aphex at Hyde park in July. That was ridiculous, just the pure power of his act was insane. The tent was meant for about 500 people. There was at least double that, with just as many dancing around outside.
    Leftfield live was the best gig i have ever seen. I was just so happy haha. They are releasing a live album from the shows done next year now which sounds sick as the shows were incredible.

(Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    Yes man, proberly my fav song!

I guess Peach tree is that mix of abient into electro. It def belongs on this thread though so others get a chance to get into underworld!

Dont know if "The girl with her sun in her head" by orbital counts as ambient, but ima post it here anyway

Another amazing song. Orbital, Underworld and Leftfield are the 3 best dance acts of all time. Speaks volumes when i have heard no other band be able to replicate their sound.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Leftfield live was the best gig i have ever seen. I was just so happy haha. They are releasing a live album from the shows done next year now which sounds sick as the shows were incredible.
    Seen a few videos of Phat Planet live. Just looks mind blowing. I imagine the crowd is generally a bit older these days which is probably a plus.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if bonobo counts, but his music is really chilled out and relaxing, I don't know what the exact definition of ambient is but it might fit the bill

ReputationRep:
    Seen a few videos of Phat Planet live. Just looks mind blowing. I imagine the crowd is generally a bit older these days which is probably a plus.
    Was an incredible finale to the show. I was really sad to see that i was one of ten at most people under 20 at the show. Such a shame to see young people missing out on such quality. Atmosphere was brilliant was probably a plus as it didn't attract any dicks and so for a show it had probably the best atmosphere i've witnessed. Visuals were really good with it too. It was just an incredible show and i can't wait for the live dvd!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.