Turn on thread page Beta

Neighbours Society Awards 2011 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    I don't know anybody in here, I just complain about things I see. There should an award for the person who can't stand watching Neighbours but who hasn't missed an episode in 10 years... although I'd imagine we'd all be up for that.
    It's actually pretty amazing how popular Neighbours is in the UK, especially after coming to Australia. The UK pretty much keeps it on air - it's shown on a secondary channel in Oz (a bit like ITV2) and only 400,000 people watch it in a nation of 23 million. Per head of population, more Britons watch Skins than Australians watch Neighbours.

ReputationRep:
    When I get to the 400 word mark in my essay, I will treat myself by voting in the 2011 Tsr Neighbours Society Awards.

How did it come to this?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doin' it!

And I'm not voting for myself which I assume you hufters will also not do..

*Stern fox face*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    It's actually pretty amazing how popular Neighbours is in the UK, especially after coming to Australia. The UK pretty much keeps it on air - it's shown on a secondary channel in Oz (a bit like ITV2) and only 400,000 people watch it in a nation of 23 million. Per head of population, more Britons watch Skins than Australians watch Neighbours.
    Yeah you're right. I'm from Australia, and Neighbours used to be REALLY popular in the 80's and early 90's, but less and less people have been watching it since . Don't ask me why, but more people in my country would rather watch CSI than Neighbours . (they don't know what they're missin'! )

ReputationRep:
    I've voted! How intense. My heart was catching in my throat the entire time.

I didn't vote for myself either (constable). I couldn't sully the good name of the society in such a disrespectful manner. Plus I love you all far too much, possibly in a sexual-sexytimes way. DOES THAT MAKE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE?

ReputationRep:
    This thread and the Neighbours society is descending into absolute filth. It seems barely a day day can go by without someone alluding to Jade and Mal's indiscretions, Brennan's torso or the sensational **** Jovanovic. Or Tash's chest. Or Donna and Taylah pashing. Or Peppa, Rosie and Carmella having a naked wrestle. Or Nina and Analise getting lost in the bush and having to burn their clothes for warmth. Or Flick, Janae and Summer luring lyn into a blackhole of some kind and then celebrating in a sauna. Or Kate finally clarifying whether or not she's attractive through the medium of naked dance.

You guys just keep lowering the tone with this stuff and it's got to stop.

*Offers cloppy a tuba to blow on*

:sexface:

I bid you good night.

ReputationRep:
    My votes have been cast.

I only voted for myself about 3 times. I'm quite proud of my discipline
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I have voted :holmes: The Charlie award was a difficult one, nobody really stands out tbh!

ReputationRep:
    I have voted too. I'll admit they were all just pretty much picked randomly, like the male one went purely based on what football team the guy supports...ha, all the wrong reasons!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    I have voted :holmes: The Charlie award was a difficult one, nobody really stands out tbh!
    Don't worry about it, it's just meant to be some joke award, thanks for voting

So far nine people have voted in total

ReputationRep:
    I just voted... Captain Capslock is not gonna be pleased .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jose)
    This thread and the Neighbours society is descending into absolute filth. It seems barely a day day can go by without someone alluding to Jade and Mal's indiscretions, Brennan's torso or the sensational **** Jovanovic. Or Tash's chest. Or Donna and Taylah pashing. Or Peppa, Rosie and Carmella having a naked wrestle. Or Nina and Analise getting lost in the bush and having to burn their clothes for warmth. Or Flick, Janae and Summer luring lyn into a blackhole of some kind and then celebrating in a sauna. Or Kate finally clarifying whether or not she's attractive through the medium of naked dance.

You guys just keep lowering the tone with this stuff and it's got to stop.

*Offers cloppy a tuba to blow on*

:sexface:

I bid you good night.
    Filth. Pure, unadulterated filth. Don't forget, Santa is always watching. And no one wants coal in their stocking.

Luckily for you though, I am feeling..musical, today.

*takes proffered tuba and blows with gusto*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    So far nine people have voted in total
    Done and done...and I mean done.

(Original post by Nephilim)
    I just voted... Captain Capslock is not gonna be pleased .
    Any publicity is good publicity...except if you've put me up for the Charlie Award (haha I actually originally spelt that 'Chalrie Awardf' so maybe that is fitting. Any boobie prize seems appealing :perv:

(Original post by cloppy)
    Filth. Pure, unadulterated filth. Don't forget, Santa is always watching. And no one wants coal in their stocking.

Luckily for you though, I am feeling..musical, today.

*takes proffered tuba and blows with gusto*
    SMUT. This thread needs an 18 rating, I dread coming on here sometimes. All this talk of blowing poor Harold's tuba and the implication of Lyn's black hole, it's like living in a Carry On film!

ReputationRep:
    Drum rolls please!

In celebration of that soap we all ridiculed yet persistently spent hours of our lives making an effort to watch the Australians in Ramsey Street returning to British Television for the first time in 2012 tomorrow... I hereby announce the Neighbour's Society awards of 2011!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Good luck!

Spoiler:
    Show
    ...But if you haven't won, please don't hunt down us members individually, glue our eyelids open and chain us to a chair where we'd be subject to watching hours of Neighbours a day :sad:

Spoiler:
    Show
    ...Are you sure you want to find out now?

You could come back next year to check...

Spoiler:
    Show
    Okay here are the results!!

Spoiler:
    Show
    ...Right after this spoiler :teehee:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :king1: RESULTS :king1:

1. The Karl Kennedy Award? (Most awesome member)

:king1: Secretmessages :king1:

2. The Spiggin' Huffter Award? (Member who posts the most random inappropriate things)

:king1: cloppy :king1:

3. Sonya Mitchell Award (Kindest member)

:king1: hollywoodbudgie :king1:

(thanks guys :angelblush:)

4. Jade Mitchell Award? (Flirtiest member)

:king1: CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK :king1:

5. Brennan-live-on! Award? (Sexiest male member)

:king1: CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK :king1:

(:sexface: to the picture as well).

(Also, Secretmessages, Jose, gbduo & ste_mc_efc were one vote off winning this in a massive tie break)

6. Rosie-and-Pepper-kissing Award? (Sexiest female member)

:king1: cloppy :king1:

7. Lou Carpenter Award? (Neighbours Veteran)

:king1: DemolitionLovers :king1:

(Check out the young Lou! :laugh: )

8. Connor the Irishman Award (Member who we knew long ago but since then has vanished, probably to China)?

:king1: Student2806 :king1:

9. cHaRliE aWarD ? ? (Most grammatically crap member) (boobie prize award :P)

:king1: Lizzzle :king1:

10. Paul Robinson Award? (Member that’s probably plotting something against us all as we speak)

:king1: Nephilim :king1:

Thanks everyone & carry on posting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)

x
    No award for CS?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm going to hunt down you all down individually, glue your eyelids open and chain you to a chair where you'll be subject to watching hours of Neighbours a day

Spoiler:
    Show
    Tbh I think that's a nice punishment. Make that 'Home and Away!' :mad: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

The residents of Ramsay Street have heard the news that I was inexplicably overlooked, and they've taken it badly.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    No award for CS?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm going to hunt down you all down individually, glue your eyelids open and chain you to a chair where you'll be subject to watching hours of Neighbours a day

Spoiler:
    Show
    Tbh I think that's a nice punishment. Make that 'Home and Away!' :mad: :rolleyes:

Need any help? :ninja:

:reaper:

ReputationRep:
    Rigged. Completely rigged.

I fully expect the truth will come out in true neighbours style. Cloppy buying votes, captain capslock voting for himself. Votes for the Karl Kennedy award going missing and an increase in recycled paper from secret messages house. The works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~)
    Need any help? :ninja:

:reaper:

Sure. I'll get the rope and the dvds, you can get the tape for their eyes
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God guys I just can't believe it, not one but TWO awards, and on my birthday as well!
    I didn't prepare a speech but I'd like to thank my dog's goldfish, and my goldfish's dog and of course fellow award recipient hollywoodbudgie, without whose vote riggi..- I mean constant support over the past year I wouldn't have found the strength and willpower to fight to being named as the flirtiest member and sexiest male member.
    I feel I should treat the ladies (and gents) to a picture just to show who you voted as your sexiest male:

Spoiler:
    Show

:perv:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.