Turn on thread page Beta

Why anime is better than most crap on tv watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by syNK)
    I honestly hope you guys are not grown adults watching anime.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seinen_manga

Well, anime is such a huge medium - much, much larger than any kind of western medium, that it can pretty much come in any shape, colour and style meaning it can cater for people of essentially any age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Facticity)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seinen_manga

Well, anime is such a huge genre - much, much larger than any kind of western genre, that it can pretty much come in any shape, colour and style meaning it can cater for people of essentially any age.
    :no: Rookie mistake, anime isnt a genre but a medium with a vast amount of different genre.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    :no: Rookie mistake, anime isnt a genre but a medium with a vast amount of different genre.
    My beginner's guide covers this too. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Death Note is just incredibly orignial and philosophical at the same time.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    True enough - slip of the tongue. Though, I'd say the point at hand was still clear enough. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Facticity)
    True enough - slip of the tongue. Though, I'd say the point at hand was still clear enough. :yes:
    Someone like you shouldnt be naming such a mistake.:no: Next you'll be saying how you like to read your animes and watch your mangas and you loved it when luffy went super saiyan against the kyuubi in soul society.:hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's because they're original and have the story planned out better than cartoons and stuff and cartoons tend not to have a story line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ideas4life)
    Aniem has way more unique and interesting stories which you wont find in TV or movies.
    just because you find anime interesting doesn't mean it is, i personally can't stand it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    Someone like you shouldnt be naming such a mistake.:no: Next you'll be saying how you like to read your animes and watch your mangas and you loved it when luffy went super saiyan against the kyuubi in soul society.:hmmm:
    :rofl: That would be truly embarrassing, I may even be impressed at how messed up that would be

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon still comes on

ReputationRep:
    I like a few different anime and Western TV shows (though maybe my avatar suggests a bias here :p:). Given the unbelievable range of different programmes available it's not meaningful to categorically state that one is better than the other. The points made in the OP do apply to good-quality anime out there but there is also some utterly DREADFUL anime around. Same applies for Western shows.

And of course as always it's down to your personal preference. Facts cannot really be obtained from pure subjectivity.

ReputationRep:
    korean dramas ftw

ReputationRep:
    Anime is part of the most crap on TV now, especially in the UK.
    Besides the past 5 years has seen mostly nothing but copy and paste 'slice of life' shows and moetard galore (I'm looking at you, K-On!).

ReputationRep:
    I've enjoy anime and don't really watch T.V with the exception of some shows like the apprentice. But anime's are very interesting and the stories are great, my favourite would be Naruto, I got to the point where i've run out of episodes now I read the manga chapters online as well.

ReputationRep:
    I've watched a few and liked all that I've watched.

Started with Dragon Ball and DBZ back when I was young.

Code Geass is the only other one I've finished and that was great.

I watch Naruto, clearly. Well I read the manga nowadays as the filler & ****ty animating (at times) killed it for me. Which is a shame as watching something > reading.

It's not an anime, but Avatar: The Last Airbender was a really great show. I thought it'd be aimed more at kids but it was actually pretty great. One of the best fight scenes I've ever seen in that.

I'll probbaly expand my horizons eventually, but I like to finish something before I start something else, which is annoying as Naruto isn't finishing any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    Good post, but what TV shows do you watch?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by InvertedLayman)
    Anime is part of the most crap on TV now, especially in the UK.
    Besides the past 5 years has seen mostly nothing but copy and paste 'slice of life' shows and moetard galore (I'm looking at you, K-On!).
    There is almost no anime on UK TV... It probably consists less than 0.01% of UK TV.

K-ON! was awful but I'd disagree about the 5 year thing. There have been hundreds of phenomenal animes in the last half a decade - just need to look around.

ReputationRep:
    All TV mediums are the same, you have to look hard to find the good ones. Same goes for anime. I tend to watch more anime because they're easier to find them in good quality with no missing episodes on the internet.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.