Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Women/girls, how many children would you like? Watch

• View Poll Results: Ladies, how many children would you like?
    No children
    19.50%
    7.04%
    37.86%
    31.19%
    4 or more children
    18.62%

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to have 3. I wouldn't be unhappy with 2 or 4 though, all depends on what the father would like too!

ReputationRep:

Children are an eco-nightmare (yeah, I'm one of those people) and I have a pretty intense fear of pregnancy/birth.

I might adopt in my 30s/40s but nothing is erupting from my womb if I can help it.

I still get broody. It's not fun.

ReputationRep:
    A couple. Just need to find a man first. Just need to find some sperm really.

ReputationRep:
    I have one little girl already , she is nearly 4. But I would love more....but age is probably against me now!

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I'd like three, but in the future that would depend on my circumstances - I definitley would only have that amount of children if I could provide for them emotionally, financially etc. Definitley at least two.

ReputationRep:
    I would like at least 4 children, because I have 3 siblings and can't imagine life with any fewer. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmokie Dragon)

Children are an eco-nightmare (yeah, I'm one of those people) and I have a pretty intense fear of pregnancy/birth.

I might adopt in my 30s/40s but nothing is erupting from my womb if I can help it.

I still get broody. It's not fun.
    I'm with you on this, except the broody part.

I would be willing to adopt as well, my brother was adopted and I would love to do for a kid what my family has done for him, people who say it is not the same are talking bull****.

ReputationRep:
    I want 5

ReputationRep:
    I already have 2 boys!.I only ever wanted 2, wasnt fussed on whether they were boys or girls.I am the oldest of 2, my brother is just 15 months younger than me so I cant remember what it was like to be the only child.

I must say I find it quite patronising to tell someone who doesnt want kids that they will change their mind!.Yeah some might , but not all do.One of my friends my age ( late 30s) never wanted them and she never had any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    Breeders : Please please please STOP generalising and patronising us. Just because some women change their minds doesn't mean we all will.
    I'm not a "breeder" I'm just pointing out that most people end up having children anyway. Didn't mean anything bad by it, most people weren't planned.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I have three, and that's fine by me.

We had the first one, and I wanted another...
    we had the second one, and I wanted another...
    we had the third one, and I knew, even during my pregnancy, that he would be our last. Neither of us want more than three.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    no children for me please. I'm the elder of two, for the record
    Exactly the same.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Botticello)
    Breeders : Please please please STOP generalising and patronising us. Just because some women change their minds doesn't mean we all will.
    likewise please stop referring to parents are "breeders", it's a somewhat derogatory term.

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 older brothers, but they're much older than me, so I pretty much grew up like an only child, however we're quite close now, so I would like to have more than one kid because I think having siblings is really wonderful. I'm not sure how many I'd like though to be honest, I'll see how I get on after the first one

ReputationRep:
    i am one of three and cannot imagine not having my brother and sister. i definatly want at least 3, but probably more. i want a huge family! now just need to find someone to have them with...

ReputationRep:
    I'd like three but I'm not fussy as long as it is more than one and I can afford them.

ReputationRep:
    I would like 3, but I'd be happy with two. I would hate to have an only child.

ReputationRep:
    3, two girls and a boy. I want us all to fit in the one car.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely at least 2..

I mean.. who's going to teach the bullies a lesson once they get into secondary school? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I would like to have 3 children. I have 4 brothers so I know how much it means to have siblings.

However, I also want 196 children (1 born in every country).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.