Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully there is going to be a great Political Satire section in this paper. I think we'd all love that.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Birchington)
    QFA
    Would you be willing to take up the mantle of editor?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Would you be willing to take up the mantle of editor?
    I would love the opportunity, if the rest of the House wants me to do it.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I think you should because it was your idea and I think you'd do a great job. How can we formally decide this?

Maybe wait a few days to just see if any more nominations pop up and then vote if they do.

(Original post by Metrobeans)
    QFA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    I think you should because it was your idea and I think you'd do a great job. How can we formally decide this?

Maybe wait a few days to just see if any more nominations pop up and then vote if they do.
    If no-one else shows an interest by Wednesday, I could put up a poll with a question along the lines of: "This Houses approves the choice of Birchington as Editor of the MHoC Newspaper".
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    If no-one else shows an interest by Wednesday, I could put up a poll with a question along the lines of: "This Houses approves the choice of Birchington as Editor of the MHoC Newspaper".
    That would work.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'd be a great editor. I'm happy for you to lead this, I'm also willing to give you a hand.

What do you think about my idea to use a Word Doc in Google Docs Birchington?

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for you being editor.

ReputationRep:
    No point. It'll have to shut down every time Labour get into power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    Ohh stop being so negative.

ReputationRep:
    What would be the benefit? I can hardly imagine getting more information than I get now by reading the forum.

ReputationRep:
    Well, we could have a cartoon/humour section plus, our important Private message notices can be put into their, we can have items/ideas from MPs and maybe have news from RL Parliament in London.

There's lots of potential if people are willing to produce it.

You can also put creating a decent newspaper onto your CV?

ReputationRep:
    Cant remember if I ever said i'd actually do it, so just to make sure I'm onboard :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    You can also put creating a decent newspaper onto your CV?
    I didn't think of it like that... But yes, that would be good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)

ReputationRep:
    I fully support Birchington becoming Editor-In-Chief and I am happy to be interviewed etc

ReputationRep:
    There is plenty of humour on the Internet and it does not take much time to read the main web page of a serious British newspaper, possibly even watch BBC Parliament, however if Birchington wants to do it, there is no point in obstructing it, I agree, though I wonder how new the news will be, given the expected period of issuance.

I would like to see it succeed after the last rather pitiful try so good luck!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thanks for the support guys! I have created an email address, where you can send content: [email protected].

I've also created a Dropbox account where you can access and store your contributions. I hope this will make contributing as easy as possible. To find this, just go to Dropbox.com and log on with email: [email protected], and password: politics2012.

I'm hoping to design it in a style similar to the 'i' newspaper - a mix of fact and fun without being too dull or long-winded.

It can be distributed as a PDF once a month initially and hopefully more frequently if we have enough content.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the support guys! I have created an email address, where you can send content: [email protected].

I've also created a Dropbox account where you can access and store your contributions. I hope this will make contributing as easy as possible. To find this, just go to Dropbox.com and log on with email: [email protected], and password: politics2012.

I'm hoping to design it in a style similar to the 'i' newspaper - a mix of fact and fun without being too dull or long-winded.

It can be distributed as a PDF once a month initially and hopefully more frequently if we have enough content.
    What sort of contributions are you looking for?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Anything you like! Articles, interviews, comments. Whatever you can contribute will be appreciated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.