Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR Biology F211 (Cells, Exchange and Transport) >< Post Exam Reaction Watch

ReputationRep:
    protein secretion, ah man obviously it would be exocytosis! i was thinking about the whole 'division of labour' thing, such a stupid mistake!

ReputationRep:
    ohh crap :/ . This might sound dumb, but was the very 1st one? (the yeast one) mitosis or meiosis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessMedic)
    I said when the vesicle moves through the cytoplasm...I guess that's wrong? Man, I got too many wrong. I'll be so lucky to get a D.
    unforrtunately so . Exocytosis is specifically when the vesicle fuses with the membrane

ReputationRep:
    MITOSIS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    Nah it said what process during protein secretion requires energy.

Which was exocytosis
    Damn :/ ah well

ReputationRep:
    the question that was such a B**** about breathing. was it tidal or vital volume?

ReputationRep:
    *curls up in a ball to die* and I got vital capacity?

ReputationRep:
    tidal volume guys :/

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post37535647

posted pic in above thread

ReputationRep:
    In my school there was a guy, it was his 4th time i believe re-sitting this exam.
    That should give you an idea of how hard this exam is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Issy123)
    I hated this paper. How horrible was it!
    Definitely not as horrible as jan 2012!

<3 x

ReputationRep:
    NB: New point to everyone! IF IT WAS A SPIROMETER THE AIR VOLUME WOULD HAVE DECREASED!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    NB: New point to everyone! IF IT WAS A SPIROMETER THE AIR VOLUME WOULD HAVE DECREASED!
    It wasnt a spirometer.

It said volume of air in the lungs.

ReputationRep:
    I know

ReputationRep:
    So that meant between Points a and b the volume is decreasing so therefore it wants EXHALING

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reclaiimer)
    So that meant between Points a and b the volume is decreasing so therefore it wants EXHALING
    did the question want us to explain the mechanism of expiration then, coz thats what i did but i wasn't sure it was right

ReputationRep:
    oh well, damage done, got Chemistry to revise for now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LETSJaM)
    Definitely not as horrible as jan 2012!

<3 x
    I preferred Jan 2012 by a mile!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aa234)
    exactly! I found it harder than the biology unit 2 as resit i did in january, and that one is meant to be harder! As soon as i saw that spirometer thing i died a little inside, why do they love putting that in there?!
    Same!! I did that resit too in January! Urgh, i hated the artery and spirometer question! Don't understand how people can call this paper easy. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    okay, so what did you put for the one about residual volume? i was absolutely clueless...

ReputationRep:
    eventually as the air is being exhaled, the pressure gradient will diminish thus some air will be left in the lungs without a pressure gradient thus it does not flow out

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: December 15, 2012
Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.