Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Warm, comfy, hard-wearing, cheap, go with pretty much anything. You can even stick tights or leggings on underneath when it's really cold. I can't really ask for more from a pair of everyday trousers.

ReputationRep:
    I rarely wear jeans but have noticed a lot of people tend to wear them daily.

I usually wear miniskirts, leggings or denim hotpants w/ tights. Jeans don't sit right on me - a 6 is too small in the leg; an 8 is too wide around the waist and a belt doesn't help any.

ReputationRep:
    Apart from skirts/dresses/shorts, what else is there to wear? O.o

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear jeans much as a girl, but I like them on boys (if dark and not excessively skinny or baggy)

ReputationRep:
    Jeremy Clarkson made them fashionable!

ReputationRep:
    I've always been a jeans person I prefer wearing them. I don't really like the leggings look although I do have trousers which look like leggings but there not I might wear leggings with a top on a night out possibly depending on the material and if it looks more like trousers. Jeans also go with pretty much everything.

I usually save shorts/skirts/dresses for nights out. I can wear shorts in the day time sometimes if it's warm and skirts usually they are still jeans material .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    STOP saying chino's

doing it once was fine, coulda been a typo.... but twice?
    I'm German, so my English is not perfect. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Jeremy Clarkson made them fashionable!
    If anything, Jeremy Clarkson has made them less fashionable...

ReputationRep:
    what else is there really? tracksuits?

ReputationRep:
    They're cool:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Jeans are for cool people.

ReputationRep:
    They are comfy and I love to wear them

ReputationRep:
    Because I can't wear jeans in the workplace/in sixth form, I like to wear them out when I'm going somewhere where I can actually bloody wear them lol.

ReputationRep:
    Because they're comfy? And fit to purpose, I wear chinos aswell. I don't feel comfortable wearing joggers or tracksuits out to be perfectly honest, and that leaves you with nothing much else really.

ReputationRep:
    They're pretty tough compared to a lot of trouser options, and they don't look stupid if you wear fairly baggy ones. For me, if I wore lighter and/or tighter trousers most of the time they'd end up torn to shreds.

ReputationRep:
    I wear them because they go with my outfits and I also wear chino, combat and cargo for warm weather I find wearing combat or cargo is good and light.

ReputationRep:
    Let me guess, your a chino ****er?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Just standard procedure aren't they

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone who goes on about chinos seem to be under 20?
    Anyway, I find jeans a bit to warm in the summer, and I really don't like shorts, so chinos just seem like a no-brainer to me

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I guess it's just one of those staple pieces of casual clothing, like t-shirts and vest tops.

I think jeans can be fairly comfy, though I agree that they're not as comfy as other types of trousers such as chinos, cotton trousers and jogging bottoms. Although, I once bought a pair of jeans from Forever 21 that were amazingly soft and comfortable - I really loved them but now I've somehow lost them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.