Kate Middleton (204)
75%
Dagnabbit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ugh, want a female role model?

In all seriousness, I would say Middleton. Although she hasn't worked as hard as Price to get where she is, the way she conducts herself is more fitting. If I had a daughter, I would much rather she took after Middleton in terms of character and conduct.
ladymeep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Good question. I chose Kate Middleton, but I did have to think about it a bit. As plenty of others have said, neither are particularly good role models. Each have good qualities and each have flaws, overall I wouldn't say either is something to aspire to as a whole - maybe certain aspects of both?
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dagnabbit)

In all seriousness, I would say Middleton. Although she hasn't worked as hard as Price to get where she is, the way she conducts herself is more fitting. If I had a daughter, I would much rather she took after Middleton in terms of character and conduct.
What about in terms of not having a job?
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd personally say Katie Price, because at least she has worked to get to where she is, whereas all Kate Middleton is only famous for is marrying a prince. Whether you think Katie Price's line of work is particularly ethical or respectful compared to other careers she could have chosen though is another argument.

Meh, I'm not really one to hate on celebs anyway, as long as they're happy what they're doing and not hurting anyone, 'tis how I like to think. I also believe that famous people shouldn't automatically feel obliged to be role models towards young people just because what they do happens to make them famous.
Charlottie93
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I voted Kate Middleton and yeah I agree with the majority of the comments on here about the two of them but I voted Kate Middleton because if I had a daughter as much as I admire in some sense Katie Price for looking after her disabled son e.t.c.

I just couldn't allow my daughter to have a role model who constantly had her bits out and was constantly getting married to this man and that man and going on shows saying how devastated she is now they've left her and making front page news for all the wrong reasons.

In all fairness though there are much much better role models for young girls I'd love for my daughters role models to be those women like Marie Curie and Jane Goodall, J.K. Rowling and if she was to have a role model that was a member of a royal family then I would hope it was Queen Rania of Jordan who advocates for better education for children.

These are women to be admired not the ones who have gotten it through flaunting their bodies or just because they married into it. It's not a good life or good aspirations to have.
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Historophilia)
To be as slim as many female singers you don't eat normally that's for certain.
Maybe they eat normally but healthy, and exercise? I hate the way any thin celebrity is automatically starving themselves or anorexic. And people are praised for being fat.
zaid16
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
the question really should be Who would you rather f**k?
cl_steele
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldnt say either of them are particularly good role models, Kate jsut got very lucky and Price well she might have made a **** load of money but she is a complete disgrace!
Historophilia
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by manchesterunited15)
Maybe they eat normally but healthy, and exercise? I hate the way any thin celebrity is automatically starving themselves or anorexic. And people are praised for being fat.
And many of them also follow deeply unhealthy dieting regimes to achieve their desired body shapes which are presented to very impressionable young girls as the "ideal" when they are not achievable by healthy means.

People aren't praised for being fat, not sure where you've got that from.
funkysadz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by o Rebecca o)
What makes Adele a good role model?
i second you on that.
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Historophilia)
And many of them also follow deeply unhealthy dieting regimes to achieve their desired body shapes which are presented to very impressionable young girls as the "ideal" when they are not achievable by healthy means.

People aren't praised for being fat, not sure where you've got that from.
You know, all the talk about "plus size models" and how they're better than thinner models, when in reality, they're just fat, which sets a bad example as well.
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Out of the two I'd have to go for Kate Middleton, though I'm not convinced there's much worth emulating in either case.
wannabemed
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dagnabbit)

Katie Price did not attend Marlborough College for Girls however nor had an upper middle class family to give her the cultural capital to conduct herself as Kate Middleton. Their backgrounds are completely different.
You cannot expect a working class girl to have the etiquette skills of someone who has been privately educated. She has found success in her own way, and achieved despite the odds regardless of how she made it.
Kate Middleton does however conduct herself beautifully and is well suited to her role.
hiding12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lilahnurave)
Price. Whether you like her or not, she's a very good business woman
a good business women or just has a good team of advisors? She does know how to get her photo in the tabloids though I suppose
Astronomical
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Kate Middleton. :love: She looks beautiful every time you see her, unlike the monster that is Katie Price.
Dagnabbit
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Charlottie93)
if she was to have a role model that was a member of a royal family then I would hope it was Queen Rania of Jordan who advocates for better education for children.
Would rep you if I had any left. Her YouTube account is worth a look if you haven't already checked it out. She's an example of someone who puts her position of power to good use.
Marco1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
C'mon, cut the crap. Kate Middleton studied and worked in the family business and is infinitely more mature and socially responsible.

What has Katie price done that is worth a toss? She disgusts me. A fine example of the perils of seeking material gratification before all else. One of the most fake, tacky and vacuous morons in the UK. God help anyone for whom she is a role model.
oodlesofpoodles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Neither. Katie Price may well have a good mind for business but her success has come from taking her clothes off and through vacuous reality tv shows. Kate Middleton is just a rich girl that married well. Neither have particularly added anything of worth to society.
No Man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Neither.
It's like asking who's a better role model between Kim Kardashian and a Saudi princess.
Goody2Shoes-x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Neither. Price is a vacant airhead who flaunts her body to get where she is, whilst Middleton just married well.

And everyone saying "If I had a daughter I'd want her to conduct herself as well as Middleton" that's down to her background. If Price had had a private education, and parents instilling certain rules to her, she may well have grown up to act with more class.

Although Middleton alo modelled in a see through dress whilst in university, so...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads