the simpsons

south is 2nd though, and family guy aint even funny anymore
Betacra
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by internet tough guy)
you've not seen some of the episodes from season 13 onwards?
I have, and you're going to tell me they're flat out bad like plenty of Simpsons and Family Guy episodes?

Of the three cartoons South Park has the best consistency.

Lets just say it's a shame Simpsons didn't stop after about season 10, because it really would of been far and away the greatest cartoon ever made.
Aoide
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Southpark>Family Guy>Simpsons
iamthestig
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Simpsons (Series 3 to 10 is some of the best comedy and satire ever)
Futurama (It just can't be killed)
South Park (Not a huge fan, but the creators did the Book of Mormon and come across as great guys, so they gain brownie points)
Family Guy (funny now and again, but Seth MacFarlane just oozes smugness)
username883747
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
mfw i'm the only one who said i don't care
christielovesyou
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For me it's got to be The Simpsons. I had several boxsets when I was younger and watched them religiously, which I sadly sold when I was around 14 or 15 because I thought I was too grown-up for The Simpsons. However, I really enjoy it now and I think the reason I thought I was "too grown-up" was because I was at that awkward age where I didn't get the more adult jokes and I thought the more obvious ones were childish. I appreciate it so much more that I'm older and understand satire, pop culture etc. Wish I'd kept those boxsets now. In a way I think The Simpsons is a lot closer to British comedy than the likes of Family Guy because it uses a lot of satire and irony, which I find is quite uncommon in American comedy. I also like it because it appeals to all ages (apart from me aged 14/15 obviously!).

I'd quite like to get into South Park, because I've got a dark sense of humour and have seen wee bits of it, which I enjoyed. My dad used to watch videos of it when I was a kid and sometimes I'd sit and watch it with him (obviously at age 5 it went totally over my head ).

Family Guy has never interested me, so I've never watched any episodes. Everyone raves about it but I just don't see the appeal. I've seen clips on YouTube but that hasn't enticed me into watching a full episode. I usually sit there with a deadpan expression on my face.
concubine
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Betacra)
South Park for sheer consistency.

Yeah.

The Simpsons at its peak, many ****ing years ago, didn't really come near the quality of FG or SP at their peaks. FG only has 3 great seasons, SP has like... Maybe 12 or 13 seasons worth of awesome episodes and even though the quality has been a bit lower recently it's still miles ahead of the other two.
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ben F)
South Park is pure genius - the plotlines usually have such great meaning behind it, and the fact they can make episodes about an event which happened a day before airing is quality. I'm not too keen on Family guy though, whilst it can and does make me laugh every episode, I always get the feeling these are 'cheap laughs', if there could ever be such a thing. They just jump to random cutscenes and make weird random jokes, which feel a bit jumpy and isn't as fluid as south park or simpsons, where the jokes are part of a wider plot.

The Simpsons, as a whole, would probably be ranked the highest I'd say - they've mastered every quality a comedy tv show needs. I prefer south park to it now, but over its lifespan simpsons comes out on top.
100% agree with you pal.
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
At each of their Peaks The Simpsons was the best just some brilliant moments, then South Park then Family guy. Consistency South Park i think is the best, every season has been very good whilst Simpsons has sort of tailed off but can still be funny where as Family guy now is just completely miss. The more recent seasons have been abysmal. I love South Park and The Simpsons, i liked a couple of Family guy seasons mainly 2 and 4 but now their just poor.

Futurama should be on the poll as well as American Dad i suppose
Tahooper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can understand The Simpsons being top, since it has the widest audience, but South Park? What a load tripe.
PinkyPurply
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Cleveland show should be on there
scotttb
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The Patriot)
as opposed to the wittier humour you get from Family Guy
lol not sure if srs
Csel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Simpsons is too old for me to find funny anymore. There are still good moments though. Family Guy is moronic humor, many of the jokes are referenced or 'stolen' from internet and television. However, if i'm drunk or really tired, Family Guy humor is the best. I almost died laughing once.

I vote for South Park. South Park has a balanced amount of intelligent jokes, stupidity, and vulgarness. The episodes are often about current subjects and have some sort of satirical message to them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (73)
23.93%
No (232)
76.07%

Watched Threads