I'm so BOREEEED!! Watch

littlemissmidget123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HalleStar)
lol maybe i should get a jigsaw puzzle
tip - if you get one that big, make sure you have a table.. else soem pieces of wood big enough, that you do not nee dfor few months... mum and i ae good at jigsaws typically taking 2 or 3 days for 1000 pieces.. its now been 1.5 months on the 6000 piece one and we are between 1/2 and 1/3 left to go!
HalleStar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by doloroushazy)
gah same. most of my friends are either working or on holiday and im so boooooreeed. i dunno if it's worth looking for a job either cause i (hopefully) leave for uni in september so i'd feel bad just taking a job for a couple of months, plus the only jobs i can find are either in really depressing places or full time/stressful, i just wanna clean tables in a cafe or something... i'm considering volunteering in a charity shop or something but then it'd cost loads in bus fare just to get there. DILEMMA. where are you going for uni?
Yes, exactly!
Nottingham Trent hopefully you?
HalleStar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yung Mon£y)
Pscht I've a job and I'm still bored off my arse.
Lol! people think this is the solution
Miss O.C.D
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've been working out so much lost a stone too. any films you would recommend (BTW, I don't do scary movies)

(Original post by Trottoir)
watch all the iconic ones like pulp fiction, american beauty, etc
Pulp fiction <3

Also (depends on your definition of scary) Shawshank Redemption, Scarface, The Godfather I and II, One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest... Amelie is a nice one too if you can put up with subtitles It's nice and light hearted though

To cure my boredom I just go! Go anywhere, go everywhere. Literally yesterday I went to the other side of town alone just because I felt like it. I've been doing this all summer, made three new friends, been to a few concerts/art exhibitions and it's made for an awesome summer so far

Edit - I volunteer every Thursday for the PDSA too
Yung Mon£y
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lol! people think this is the solution
It totally depends on your workplace. Mine and my friends workplace are devoid of people in their early 20's so we both have no social life. Still though, a wage is a wage
HalleStar
Rep:
?
(Original post by pinda.college)
Do you train?

If not perhaps looking at improving yourself physically by setting goals.

no, but what do you suggest i do to get a washboard stomach?
HalleStar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Miss O.C.D)
Pulp fiction <3

Also (depends on your definition of scary) Shawshank Redemption, Scarface, The Godfather I and II, One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest... Amelie is a nice one too if you can put up with subtitles It's nice and light hearted though

To cure my boredom I just go! Go anywhere, go everywhere. Literally yesterday I went to the other side of town alone just because I felt like it. I've been doing this all summer, made three new friends, been to a few concerts/art exhibitions and it's made for an awesome summer so far

Edit - I volunteer every Thursday for the PDSA too
oh cool, i can't go too far coz i've got a toddler who would complain about walking but i'll probably spend my time in the park.

i need to make new friends

ahh nice. Scary as in near heart attack scary or really gory. I watched sorority row and jennifer's body and thought that was alright funny actually but then i guess they weren't that scary
Casshern1456
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, I'm learning how to programme and it takes up a hell of a lot of time, I'm also reading, working out every week for an hour or two I'm lazy so I do enough to keep me occupied. Watching Tv ~ I guess more Tv when the Olympics is on!, Erm...doing some more harder maths to prepare me for uni, SCARING MY BUTT OFF EVERY DAY AS IT GETS CLOSER TO RESULTS DAY, and I'm looking forward to some upcoming games being released .

Oh and I have been applying for jobs, just waiting to get a reply. Hopefully.
HalleStar
Rep:
?
It totally depends on your workplace. Mine and my friends workplace are devoid of people in their early 20's so we both have no social life. Still though, a wage is a wage
yeah i guess, most people work for the money anyway not for the actual job so
I love shopping
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe you could volunteer in a charity shop or something? I know you don't get paid, but at least it would give you something to do and stop you from getting bored.
ameelia22
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Open University module all the way.

And I thought only boring people got bored...?
HalleStar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Casshern1456)
Well, I'm learning how to programme and it takes up a hell of a lot of time, I'm also reading, working out every week for an hour or two I'm lazy so I do enough to keep me occupied. Watching Tv ~ I guess more Tv when the Olympics is on!, Erm...doing some more harder maths to prepare me for uni, SCARING MY BUTT OFF EVERY DAY AS IT GETS CLOSER TO RESULTS DAY, and I'm looking forward to some upcoming games being released .

Oh and I have been applying for jobs, just waiting to get a reply. Hopefully.
oh cool, i should be doing that with psychology lol
in the beginning i was psyching myself out but, now i think whatever will come will come, i can't go back now so i'm chill until the 16th that is lol

yeah me too, fingers crossed
HalleStar
Rep:
?
(Original post by I love shopping)
Maybe you could volunteer in a charity shop or something? I know you don't get paid, but at least it would give you something to do and stop you from getting bored.
I guess, good idea

*just remembered i have a child to look after (not mine though lol my little sis)
rock_climber86
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i'm so bored i'm sleepy...i might nod off soon

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
HalleStar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Paul PTS)
I got a start-level metal detector. So now I'm thinking to check all the gardens I'm able to check.
I already found one interesting field, it shows silver/coins, iron. In short md is start level (so it may mistake) and the grass is too higher (too difficult to find the location). I think I need to return there in autumn. I didn't find the metal, but I found part of something ceramic.

First of all I checked my garden in the country, found some nails, wire and a bullet.
I have garden in city, so I'm going to check it too. Plus the gardens of all my neighbours who would like to invite me.

I believe that I'm able to find just something interesting. :rolleyes: Recently I had watched youtube video of one chap from my country who had used the same detector as I bought. He says that although the detector is for the beginners, but he had found and found a lot.

From the minute 2:28 he shows the coins he had found. I also want to find them... :rolleyes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKHcvJ8uB0
Lol you're having fun. i've always wanted a metal detector
STFU
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Pscht I've a job and I'm still bored off my arse.
Get a better Job
mimile
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
tell me, i just finished watching greek. watching the bad girls club s8. watching supernatural atm and was watching criminal minds
oh i love criminal minds and NCIS and CSI
Yung Mon£y
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by STFU)
Get a better Job
It probably looks better on a CV then anything you're doing, whilst paying better then anything then you're doing
Yung Mon£y
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yeah i guess, most people work for the money anyway not for the actual job so
Jobs fine; just a shame about the people :unimpressed:
notsure
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I guess but, the days just seem to be getting longer and longer

oh and hopefully Law and psychology at Nottingham Trent
That's good and i know! I'm dreading it

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (135)
62.79%
No I haven't decided yet (46)
21.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (34)
15.81%

Watched Threads