Landlady wants 177 pounds for dirty carpets and scuffed walls... Watch

coopsyy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare)
Thanks for the reply. Here is an excerpt from one of her emails with a breakdown of the charges:

Painting of walls and wood work: £400 (work to be completed by David Wood, handyman)
Replacement microwave: £49.97 (purchased through tescodirect.com)
Professional oven clean: £60 (work completed by HobSnobs oven cleaning services)
Professional carpet cleaning: £175 (work to be completed by David Wood, handyman)

Total: £684.97
Total Per Tenant: £171.24

She isn't even replacing the carpet, just getting it cleaned. Its a small 4 bed house, 175 pounds seems a bit steep. But it is the £400 for painting of walls and wood work that bothers me. Seems way over the top!
Someone i work with has a carpet cleaning business, for a 4 bedroom house he charges £140, if its free of furniture which it would be if you've moved out. Plus with it being student house, probably only officially a 3 bed house so guy i work with would charge £120, so £175 isn't that high, but still a bit steep, especially if its just one guy doing it, not a carpet cleaning company.
elenagilbert12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You can hire professionals for cleaning the carpets instead of replacing them. This would save your money and for paint also you can hire one guy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (95)
24.55%
No (292)
75.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise