Best Video Game Endings Ever Watch

Luhar
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
LoZ Wind Waker for me, story was fantastic and ending was quite emotional.

Spoiler:
Show
Mushi_master
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Zelda - Skyward Sword

Absolutely beautifully made game, and one of several Zelda games I'd like to put on this thread.

Halo 3

Again, I could have most Halo games on this list.
Magnanimity
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It has to be bioshock for me. I literally sat there open mouthed for the last few hours.
umop_apisdn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Riku)
Nothing 'childish' about it. You'd have to be pretty pretentious to demerit art based off its apparent target age range, it's missing the point. Plenty of stories originally written for children have universally applicable themes and core values. And besides, it was going for an old-school fantasy style like most of the original FF franchise, it was bound to hold a bit of a fairy-tale tone to it.
Also, Vivi and the whole way he works is awesome :P
Glad you agree with me
I loved the dystopian post-apocalyptic world of FF6, the alternate reality feel of FF7 and the sci-fi environment of FF8. I wasn't a huge fan of fantasy at the time of FF9's release so that and the talking animals did put me off a bit. I was wrong though; having played it, FF9 had such a diverse range of environments and the talking animals were pretty irrelevant to the story. If anything, they added to the diversity and helped to make the game so amazing.

The story was one of the most memorable in any game that I have played. The way that it explored the significance and meaning behind life and death was just damn beautiful, second in scope only to Xenosaga perhaps.

Yeah. I loved that game.
Riku
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by umop_apisdn)
I loved the dystopian post-apocalyptic world of FF6, the alternate reality feel of FF7 and the sci-fi environment of FF8. I wasn't a huge fan of fantasy at the time of FF9's release so that and the talking animals did put me off a bit. I was wrong though; having played it, FF9 had such a diverse range of environments and the talking animals were pretty irrelevant to the story. If anything, they added to the diversity and helped to make the game so amazing.

The story was one of the most memorable in any game that I have played. The way that it explored the significance and meaning behind life and death was just damn beautiful, second in scope only to Xenosaga perhaps.

Yeah. I loved that game.
Much love for Final Fantasy the animals worked. Burmecia as a rat city was genius!
Never actually tried Xenosaga, I hear it's supposed to be amazing?
umop_apisdn
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Riku)
Much love for Final Fantasy the animals worked. Burmecia as a rat city was genius!
Never actually tried Xenosaga, I hear it's supposed to be amazing?
Sorry for the late reply.

I liked the perpetual rain also. Burmecia was such a well characterised town.

No, Xenosaga is kinda horrible. I meant Xenogears, lol. It's epic in the true sense of the word, back when Squaresoft was pumping out nothing but brilliance. It's pretty traditional in that it's a fantasy game with a sci-fi twist but it's just so deep, without pretence also. It draws inspiration from Neitzche, Jung etc and delves deeply into the reasons behind religious conflict as well as obviously psychology. It's also a labour of love for Squaresoft and didn't make a massive turnover due to it's cerebral storyline but it's definitely worth a look if you're into that kinda stuff, which I'm assuming you are.
Riku
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by umop_apisdn)
Sorry for the late reply.

I liked the perpetual rain also. Burmecia was such a well characterised town.

No, Xenosaga is kinda horrible. I meant Xenogears, lol. It's epic in the true sense of the word, back when Squaresoft was pumping out nothing but brilliance. It's pretty traditional in that it's a fantasy game with a sci-fi twist but it's just so deep, without pretence also. It draws inspiration from Neitzche, Jung etc and delves deeply into the reasons behind religious conflict as well as obviously psychology. It's also a labour of love for Squaresoft and didn't make a massive turnover due to it's cerebral storyline but it's definitely worth a look if you're into that kinda stuff, which I'm assuming you are.
Sounds pretty cool, I think a friend has that? I might give it a look sometime, thanks for letting me know
Captain Jack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Luhar)
LoZ Wind Waker for me, story was fantastic and ending was quite emotional.

Spoiler:
Show
Oh yes, I completely agree. Wind Waker is probably one of my favourite Zelda's actually and the end sequence helped to cement that for me.
miser
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Final Fantasy X, Portal 2
loki158
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Kingdom Hearts Birth by sleep's secret ending.
NJam
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Skyrim.

Oh wait, it never ends!

Halo: CE was awesome, so that gets my vote.
Mattbelfast
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The first time I completed Kingdom Hearts 2 was pretty damn awesome
HandsAway
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Every ending of every Metal Gear Solid

Spoiler:
Show
Never skip the credits

But more specifically, the ending of MGS3

Spoiler:
Show
I nearly cried when Big Boss saluted
gartleon
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HandsAway)
Every ending of every Metal Gear Solid

Spoiler:
Show
Never skip the credits

But more specifically, the ending of MGS3

Spoiler:
Show
I nearly cried when Big Boss saluted
Most defiantly my favourites I think I did actually leak a tear when I played them in story order! Metal Gear Solid series in general is beautiful and perfect!

Red Dead Redemption, Bio Shock 1+2, Uncharted 3 I think that's it!
HandsAway
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by gartleon)
Most defiantly my favourites I think I did actually leak a tear when I played them in story order! Metal Gear Solid series in general is beautiful and perfect!

Red Dead Redemption, Bio Shock 1+2, Uncharted 3 I think that's it!

Agreed! The MGS series is probably my favourite gaming series. Your other choices aren't too shabby either
AFC1993
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Assassins Creed games have epic endings
gartleon
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HandsAway)
Agreed! The MGS series is probably my favourite gaming series. Your other choices aren't too shabby either
I got the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection when it came out for free! So when I get to university where I will strangely have more time I am going to play them all in story order again!
HandsAway
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by gartleon)
I got the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection when it came out for free! So when I get to university where I will strangely have more time I am going to play them all in story order again!
Tempted to do the same but I reckon there would be too many late nights and missed lectures!
idontthinkso
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Loved the ending of Splinter Cell Conviction.
"Brother. That's family, right?"
Tench
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd have to say Mass Effect 3. I mean what better way is there to end such an amazing story then by introducing an irrelevant character within the last few minutes and choosing the colour of explosions from the Crucible :P

Honestly, I can't make my mind up on a single ending. So here's a list of the few best ones from which I can recall:-

Assassins Creed Revelations - Really, all AC games have crazy endings in one way or another and that's a good thing considering the nature of the story. However, ACR was the first to deliver a conclusion that actually felt like an end. Altair and Ezio were given the most justice in that ending imo

Mass Effect 2 - Lets forget about the 3rd game. This really was the highlight of the story. Throughout the game, the emphasis on the final suicide mission is immense. You go in really with no idea what will happen and can end up with wildly varied results depending on how you played the game.

Red Dead Redemption - This one is a no-brainer, It's also improved by the addition of the God figure character in the "I Know You" mission

MGS4 - This one is also a no-brainer, however I did find it the slight bit underwhelming when I found out Zero founded the Patriots
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (625)
80.75%
Leave (149)
19.25%

Watched Threads