Liberty Park Watch

eftychia
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
it can't be that bad at liberty park....i've been looking at LP flats and they seem really nice so i booked a room..
Orláith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HanScatch)
Me too!
Any others in 3.0.2 or on the same floor??
Any @ Leeds Met??
I've just changed my course so now worried that i'l be the only one in my flat doin an arts course cos i think they're allocated by area interest?!! argh!
Orlaith what you studyin n where?? x x ps Is anyone else mega excited or is it just me?!!!! xx :cool:
Politics at Leeds Met.
Ahh I can't believe I know someone in my flat!
Nat_88
Report 12 years ago
Hey, i'm staying at Liberty and got my room number a few weeks ago, pretty sure its 3.5.3. Went to see my exact room last week and really like it! Does anyone know how they group people? They didnt seem to know when i asked...Doing film and moving image production in the civic quarter, anyone either in/near my flat or doing the same course? Cant wait to go now!! xxx
HanScatch
Report 12 years ago
They group ppl by area of interest i think...which worried me at first as i've just transferred to a different course...but the flatmate i'v found so far is doin somethin in a completely different area to what i was originally gonna study, so i think they jus chuck us all in a flat lol x x x
elpsos
Report 12 years ago
I'm studying design in the civic quarter. i think there's like out whole block which is just leeds met peeps. i'm getting really excited now!!! xxx
Drowned World
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is anyone paying their accomodation here by 3 installments the same as me? Cause I think I'm in a bit of trouble. The problem is the amounts they've split it into are not 3 equal amounts, it's almost 2 grand in the first term, then a grand in the second term, and then just under £700 for the final term I think. However I heard that my loan and grant will be split into 3 equal installments every term, which equals to about 2 grand a term. That means that whilst I'll be okay in the second and third term, for my first term all my loan will go towards the accomodation and I won't have any money left (apart from my savings of couse, which isn't alot). Is anyone else in the same situation??? Ahhh this is so much bother. I also have to write them a letter when I get my loan schedule to change the direct debit for the first term later than the 16th, cause apparently we don't get our loan until we enrol, and I enrol on the 18th (want to avoid going into my overdraft before i've even started...)
nat229
Report 12 years ago
got my contract through 2day is any1 else in room 3.2.3?
Masterplanner
Report 12 years ago
im in 3.3.3 room D so were all pretty close!
RoryOi
Report 12 years ago
In reply to the question regarding the three payments, there isnt much you can do, i was in the same position when i lived there and the management couldnt have given less of a toss! Its just up to you to find the money, theyre so unreasonable. See this as a warning, its all about the profits, not about whether you will be struggling because youre having to find money you only just have!
jackaroo_88
Report 12 years ago
im in 3.4.3! rock on
elpsos
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Drowned World)
Is anyone paying their accomodation here by 3 installments the same as me? Cause I think I'm in a bit of trouble. The problem is the amounts they've split it into are not 3 equal amounts, it's almost 2 grand in the first term, then a grand in the second term, and then just under £700 for the final term I think. However I heard that my loan and grant will be split into 3 equal installments every term, which equals to about 2 grand a term. That means that whilst I'll be okay in the second and third term, for my first term all my loan will go towards the accomodation and I won't have any money left (apart from my savings of couse, which isn't alot). Is anyone else in the same situation??? Ahhh this is so much bother. I also have to write them a letter when I get my loan schedule to change the direct debit for the first term later than the 16th, cause apparently we don't get our loan until we enrol, and I enrol on the 18th (want to avoid going into my overdraft before i've even started...)
hey, i'm in the same situation as you, but do you know when we get our first installment of our loan? i've had to write a check for the first installment from my own money which i'll oay back to myself when i get the loan. all i can say is thank g-d i have a job!

Also i'm in room 3.0.3.

People staying in 3.3.3 or 3.4.3 what are you studying, cos i heard that its similar courses per flat!
xx
Masterplanner
Report 12 years ago
im in 3.3.3 and im doing physiotherapy!
i cant waittttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttt
Drowned World
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by elpsos)
hey, i'm in the same situation as you, but do you know when we get our first installment of our loan? i've had to write a check for the first installment from my own money which i'll oay back to myself when i get the loan. all i can say is thank g-d i have a job!

Also i'm in room 3.0.3.

People staying in 3.3.3 or 3.4.3 what are you studying, cos i heard that its similar courses per flat!
xx
I'm not sure about everyone else but I'm getting my first installment on the 18th. Just waiting for that loan schedule to come through now....
elpsos
Report 12 years ago
i just got my schedule in the post today so i know wats happening now! does anyone know how far liberty park is from other halls like opal court and the plaza etc? xx
HanScatch
Report 12 years ago
If you go on http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/fm/accomm/ and click on 'Map', it shows where they all are, theres about 4 other sets of flats round us, an Opals jus behind us!! :p:
Hope that helps!! x x
elpsos
Report 12 years ago
helps a lot! thankyou xx
hayley123
Report 11 years ago

i was living at liberty park for a few months n its a really nice place to live, its also only 5mins walk to the city centre literally.
Its not just leeds met students there, but college, professionals,postgrads from all the city unis n colleges.They try n put similar ppl in together (i was in with 3 other business course students)
The only problem with LP is that if you decide to move before the contract is up, you still have to pay the full years rent!!
tararuth
Report 10 years ago
So far, the only bad thing that has been said on here is that dude's flatmates.
Well, you got the short straw, bad luck.
There's a free bus to town, and if you dont like buses, the walk will help burn off all those alcoholic beverages haha.

I do have a question to previous residents, when I went up there for a mixing day, it said, and it says on the site, that internet is inclusive with the price you pay.
Then you can pay more if you want 4mb or whatever.
But 2mb is included.
True? False?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (175)
67.57%
No (84)
32.43%

Watched Threads