Come on girlies, which prom dress??? Watch

mypaperheart
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by nuclear_pavlova)
I bought it from nordstrom in san francisco...

:love:

I love nordstrom! But the online store don't ship to the UK and I'm not going to the States before my prom
dancingqueen
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
For my uni ball, I have a floor-length kind of maroony-purple dress, really low at the back and entirely covered in sequins!! I wasn't sure if it's a bit OTT but the ball is pretty fancy, £100 a ticket, so hopefully will look OK as long as I wear fairly un-fancy shoes.
Lady_Muck
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We have a big leavers ball at the end of the year, I have found THE dress, but it's in the bloody USA! This beastie - headturner, no!?

This one is also pretty special, but I've never worn a 'proper' ballgown before, not really flattering and there never seems the occasion to wear them!

I have a great consortium one which is barely there, it's lovely! But I do want a new one, I wonder if they ship.......
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I thought the whole idea of dressing up expensively for a night which I was going to spend in the company of people I never really wanted to see again was pointless and stupid and didn't go.

Some of the girls in my year were really b****s (one girl forced one of her friends to return her dress because she brought the same one) and I had had a really horrible time at that school so I didn't want to go to leaving do where everyone would get drunk (I didn't drink then).

I don't regret that decision because instead of wasting money, I worked a 15 hours shift (they were really short staffed - I wonder why :p: ). I know it sounds bad but there was a girl at my school who felt the same way and her parents forced her to go - brought her a dress she didn't like and I felt sorry for her because she seriously didn't want to go.
linka1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)
I thought the whole idea of dressing up expensively for a night which I was going to spend in the company of people I never really wanted to see again was pointless and stupid and didn't go.

Some of the girls in my year were really b****s (one girl forced one of her friends to return her dress because she brought the same one) and I had had a really horrible time at that school so I didn't want to go to leaving do where everyone would get drunk (I didn't drink then).

I don't regret that decision because instead of wasting money, I worked a 15 hours shift (they were really short staffed - I wonder why :p: ). I know it sounds bad but there was a girl at my school who felt the same way and her parents forced her to go - brought her a dress she didn't like and I felt sorry for her because she seriously didn't want to go.

Erm thanks for that. I kinda respect your decision but I kind of made this thread to choose me dress.
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by linka1)
Erm thanks for that. I kinda respect your decision but I kind of made this thread to choose me dress.
Oh don't get me wrong - I love the dresses here but I never really warmed to the idea of buying a dress I'd only wear once.

Advice - if buy online try to find a which has a My Virtual Model™ - this model is designed by you to look like you (given your weight, size etc) and then you can select the dress and it will display the dress on your model which will show you how it would look on you.

Hana_1987
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
dont buy a dress with spaghetti type straps! i did n the entire night they kept on falling down n i ended up with bruises for weeks where i'd moved my arms n the straps cut into them...couldnt wear t-shirts or strappy tops for a month :| wasnt impressed!
mypaperheart
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Hralipour)
dont buy a dress with spaghetti type straps! i did n the entire night they kept on falling down n i ended up with bruises for weeks where i'd moved my arms n the straps cut into them...couldnt wear t-shirts or strappy tops for a month :| wasnt impressed!
Aww :hugs:

A lot of prom dresses are strapless, its a good job really!
Hana_1987
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i know but mine wasn't *sob* coast's quite good! my friend got this gorgeous fuschia one from debenhams..might have a pic somewhere!
Hana_1987
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ok she looks a tad drunk in the pics eventho' she was sober so that's not good lol..hmm
linka1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)
Oh don't get me wrong - I love the dresses here but I never really warmed to the idea of buying a dress I'd only wear once.

Advice - if buy online try to find a which has a My Virtual Model™ - this model is designed by you to look like you (given your weight, size etc) and then you can select the dress and it will display the dress on your model which will show you how it would look on you.

Ooh that sounds good - thanks
xUniquex
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Hey Girlies!
I really envy you all Im finishing college this year and going to univeristy this October, but our college isnt having no prom! Im gutted, but id thought id share the dress i fell in love with last week,i even had to try it on heehee.
It is in Debhenhams at £100,but id definately recommend it. I dont think you can see its full potential in the photo, but it was love at first sight for me once id tried it on:p:
Have a look at the photo and see for yourselves,its not going to be everybody's cup of tea though. Hope every1 has an ace night and you all get your dream dresses.
I will just have to wait for the Uni balls i guess lol!
xXx
mypaperheart
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
xUniquex there's no photo! :confused:
xUniquex
Report 12 years ago
Sorry peeps,i forgot the link for the dress.
http://www.debenhams.com/jv/product_...1145138977204#
xXx
mypaperheart
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ooh I've seen that dress in Debenhams!!
xUniquex
Report 12 years ago
I think its lovely! Me and my friends were trying them on just for a laugh, and i think its a good one if your a shorty like me (5FT 3inches) lol! There are sooo many gorgeous dresses out there,but when i actually need 1 i wont b abke to find it.
Have you got yours Rosalily?
mypaperheart
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Noooo and I'm really worried because I can't find the 'perfect' dress :s:
xUniquex
Report 12 years ago
Awwww,dont worry,theres plenty of time yet! JUST KEEP HUNTING
Theres nothing worse than buying something that your not that bothered about and there will be soooo many girlies out there is the same dress (that must be horrible)so avoid popular retail stores if you can.
You will probably find you will come across it without lookingxXx
sokas
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
After having no luck finding a dress, today I found two! the problem is which to wear for the ball! I will post both of them probs 2moz in hope that the lovely ppl from tsr can give some advice! x
keyka
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
here's the picture of my dress as promised. if anyone has any suggestions for something that would suit my size and shape (duno if you can see from the pic but i'm only 5'3), that would be different from this dress, then thoughts would be appreciated. ta!
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.62%
No (608)
72.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed