Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Magistrate watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    also another point - i don't like ethnic minorties - would this be a problem in becoming a magistrate - would i have to sit with em's.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

"Objectivism" posted above that he supported your position and you shouldn't let the defeatists get you down. That made it look as though there was a separate poster who was backing you up.

There were then a couple of posts in which the SAME poster (Objectivism) responded to both mine and Ethereal's further questions of Hampshire saying, essentially, I have these various skills/I'm a debater/I like politics etc. Those posts have now miraculously disappeared (see, for example, the fact that Ethereal's post about politics no longer seems to respond to anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chalks)
    Yes.

"Objectivism" posted above that he supported your position and you shouldn't let the defeatists get you down. That made it look as though there was a separate poster who was backing you up.

There were then a couple of posts in which the SAME poster (Objectivism) responded to both mine and Ethereal's further questions of Hampshire saying, essentially, I have these various skills/I'm a debater/I like politics etc. Those posts have now miraculously disappeared (see, for example, the fact that Ethereal's post about politics no longer seems to respond to anything.
    That seems to suggest that i've been set up - stick in a post which looks like its replying etc. even if there was a post saying what you say what's that go to do with me? perhaps someone made it look like that to make people think it was me?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it would be a problem as you wouldn't give people a fair hearing.

Oh dear, looks like you've given a good reason yourself not to be called.

ReputationRep:
    I assure you Hampshire, me and chalks have far better things to do than set you up. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    I'd say it would be a problem as you wouldn't give people a fair hearing.

Oh dear, looks like you've given a good reason yourself not to be called.
    But how would the panel know? also whats fair? id want to send all of them to prision - fairness to the victims.

ReputationRep:
    I assure you Hampshire, me and chalks have far better things to do than set you up. :rolleyes:

you would say that if you had set me up which makes me see it as a great possibilty.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for wasting our time mate.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for wasting our time mate.

Cheers.

how have i done that? i think you are confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hampshire)
    also another point - i don't like ethnic minorties - would this be a problem in becoming a magistrate - would i have to sit with em's.
    But how would the panel know? also whats fair? id want to send all of them to prision - fairness to the victims.
    They would know because racists are generally too remedial to keep it to themselves. Also, you would sit in a panel of 3 so thankfully you sending them all to prison is unlikely to happen.

I hope to God you don't get on the bench if you are as narrow minded as you appear to be, because frankly the less racist bigoted idiots the magistry lets in the better for all the honourable people in the Legal system.

ReputationRep:
    1) Bizarre postings under another user name.
    2) Obvious attempts to wind us up with posts such as "i don't like ethnic minorties - would this be a problem in becoming a magistrate" and "id want to send all of them to prision - fairness to the victims".

Honestly pal - I post on this site to try and help people out. Cr*p like this doesn't impress.

ReputationRep:
    1) Bizarre postings under another user name.
    2) Obvious attempts to wind us up with posts such as "i don't like ethnic minorties - would this be a problem in becoming a magistrate" and "id want to send all of them to prision - fairness to the victims".

Honestly pal - I post on this site to try and help people out. Cr*p like this doesn't impress.

i've been set up!!!

sorry for stating the truth.

ReputationRep:
    Hampshire, the truth is the less idiots like you make it into the Legal professions the better for all concerned.

ReputationRep:
    Hampshire, the truth is the less idiots like you make it into the Legal professions the better for all concerned.
    why are you getting so personal?

is it because u go to Hull???

ReputationRep:
    No, it's because there is no place in a system of fairness for idiots who discriminate on grounds of race or colour.

ReputationRep:
    Was it a poor attempt at a wind-up that you said: "I don't like ethnic minorities", or was that someone else "setting you up"?

ReputationRep:
    No, it's because there is no place in a system of fairness for idiots who discriminate on grounds of race or colour.

well its not so much race but culture ie black youth culture. I also hate white trash ie chavs

ReputationRep:
    Was it a poor attempt at a wind-up that you said: "I don't like ethnic minorities", or was that someone else "setting you up"?

no that was genunely me and im not ashamed to admit it

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter who you discriminate against, it is bad enough you discriminate at all.

The law treats all as equal, and so should you if you intend to practice it.

By the way, going to Hull is not really holding me back so that is irrelevent.

ReputationRep:
    no that was genunely me and im not ashamed to admit it
    you should be ashamed to admit it. Everytime you admit it, you should hang your head in shame that you can not see past someone's culture or skin colour.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.