Turn on thread page Beta

What can I do with an LLB Law Degree in the Armed Forces? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john171)
    There's absolutely no need to lower yourself to petty abusive insults. That was simply uncalled for.

A piece of advice for you pal, 50% of what's said on this forum is basically crap. Don't take any of it to heart.
    I don't take anything to heart - especially any commnents from knob jockeys such as yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raptor)
    I don't take anything to heart - especially any commnents from knob jockeys such as yourself.
    lol

Im 17 years old, joining the Raf on May 31st, and if it wasnt for "These Middle Aged Morons" stating the 'Real' Facts, You'd get aload of Tosh from 19yr old cadets, claiming to be officers, spouting untruths and rubbish about their bogus careers.

I can imagine you'd make a decent lawyer, as the crap youve written here is laughable.

ReputationRep:
    What is happening to this place. Every thread seems to end up with petty arguements. I think some people need to wind their neck in and actually listen to the advise been given to them.

ReputationRep:
    Love your avatar John171. Did you scan it in or did they somehow give you a digital copy before you left the hospital?

ReputationRep:
    Ive just completed my degree in police and criminal investigation and now hoping to do the CPE to convert it to an LLB qualifying degree with the hope of going into the armed forces legal services...does anyone know what options for training are involved in this career?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I take it you have exhausted the websites of the RN, Army & RAF on this subject?

They recruit fully qualified lawyers rather than take graduates and train them.

ReputationRep:
    I think a new thread may have been more appropriate!

Though I did have a good time reading the four year old idiocy.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed with what Schleigg is saying, but oh well!

(Original post by Alihoward)
    Ive just completed my degree in police and criminal investigation and now hoping to do the CPE to convert it to an LLB qualifying degree with the hope of going into the armed forces legal services...does anyone know what options for training are involved in this career?
    Hi Ali,

I know that in order to become an RAF Legal Officer, you have to have a degree in Law and ALSO be either a qualified barrister or solicitor (i.e. completed bar etc.). Most applicants are therefore of a more, shall we say, ripe age! So yes, as ProStacker says, they take on fully qualified lawyers, spend a little time teaching "military law" and then you're good to go!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Im hoping to fully qualify then head straight into the RAF. Just wondered if anyone had already done this option? Im 24 and a mature student.

ReputationRep:
    Just finished reading this thread as it's semi-revlevant to my interests. All I can say is *Facepalm*... :p:

ReputationRep:
    haha yeah it is a bit dire? new thread for my enquiry next time I think lol...

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.