Turn on thread page Beta

If you know people who get EMA when they shouldn't.... watch

ReputationRep:
    Dear God, stop moaning. When I did my A-levels EMA didn't exist at all. Life isn't fair, deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    i know a girl *cough*
    whose parents don't work anymore, but are just really rich, like really rich but coz they don't work she gets it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    Dear God, stop moaning. When I did my A-levels EMA didn't exist at all. Life isn't fair, deal with it.

haha good one
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Im sick of this debate.

If you dont get it and think its unfair then take it up with the gvernment... write a letter, phone up, make an official complaint... hell, even go to downing street to complain. Whinging and whining will not get anything done about it - neither will attempting to make those of us who do get it feel guilty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Whoa, hold up a second. Surely you're not reporting people for benefit fraud because your perception is that they don't need EMA? If their parents earn below the threshold and they're attending the stated amount of hours of guided tuition, then they're entitled to the allowance, whether they actually need it or not, and reporting them for benefit fraud is very serious and lawfully wrong in this case.

Although yes, I agree that people who get it but still have enough cash bandying around for a lucury car and stuff like that is wrong.
    you seem to have it all wrong.. it's nothing to do with people's perceptions.. i believe it is actually do to people frauding and lying about their address/claiming they live with a family member of lower income than they actually do, therefore receiving EMA when they're not technically entitled to it.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.