Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is Snape Still A Good Guy??! watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: IS SNAPE STILL A GOOD GUY?!
    Yes
    60.10%
    No
    20.21%
    Not sure
    19.69%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mute)
    If Snape is Bad (which I think he is) then it's really quite irritating 'cause HP thought he was all along. I get the feeling Snape will redeem himself in some way, butI hope not, I hope he just gets killed- death spell style.
    noooooooooooo dont kill him.
    who would me, jojo irish jojo and sidekick have to perve at?
    haha
    mmm alan rickman

ReputationRep:
    i don't see him being a sexy type of person...

ReputationRep:
    mmmm alan rickman on toast Oh sorry didnt realise there was someone else listening hehe, snape did not kill dumbledore as dumbledore is not dead IMO snape did silent magic i.e. he said avada kedavra (sp?) but he was thinking something else like er expelliramus (i cant spell lol!) i mean JK wouldnt bring in this whole new concept of doing magic without having to say anything without it being very significant to the plot...

ReputationRep:
    no DD is dead. end of story. Snape is a bad man. end of story.
    The ending, will be with some sort of nuclear explosion where only Harry and Ginny survive, and they have to repopulate the earth

Harry Potter and the condom failure!

ReputationRep:
    My questions to you people:
    (1) Why would Dumbledore want to die? Why would he "plan" his own death by the hands of Severus?
    (2) Voldemort is supposed be a highly skilled Legilimens. Cant he just find out Snape's "plan" through Legilimency?
    (3) Was Dumbledore fooled by Snape all along? It seems like he did not know about Snape's Unbreakable Vow that he made at the beginning of that book.

Well thats just 3 of them ... I'll hit you back with more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkened Angel)
    Maybe Snape isnt good or bad, maybe he's stuck in the middle and doesnt know which side to choose?
    doesnt seem like it to me... it was a perfectly planned, well-plotted murder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shyr_15)
    yes he is! dumbledore trust him enough...i know he's a good guy.
    dumbledore got fooled

"an old man's mistake"

ReputationRep:
    i voted no because of what he did in the last book, any book before that i would have said he was still a good guy...btw when is the last book coming out??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaKatharina)
    i voted no because of what he did in the last book, any book before that i would have said he was still a good guy...btw when is the last book coming out??
    unrelated question but u took the IB too ?

ReputationRep:
    ya...why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anjurdsg)
    doesnt seem like it to me... it was a perfectly planned, well-plotted murder
    Disagree there, Malfoy was supposed to kill Dumbledore, not Snape.

ReputationRep:
    My questions to you people:
    (1) Why would Dumbledore want to die? Why would he "plan" his own death by the hands of Severus?
    To make the world, especially the Death Eaters, to think hes dead so that the Death Eaterswould lower their guards ?

(2) Voldemort is supposed be a highly skilled Legilimens. Cant he just find out Snape's "plan" through Legilimency?
    read the book where Snape taught Harry Occlumency, can't be bother find which page.

(3) Was Dumbledore fooled by Snape all along? It seems like he did not know about Snape's Unbreakable Vow that he made at the beginning of that book.
    That we can't be sure, although Hagrid told Harry that he over heard Snape and DD's rather heated convo and perhaps DD told Snape to keep his promise/vow and to plan DD's (fake?)death?

Well thats just 3 of them ... I'll hit you back with more
    Hit me baby!:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robusty)
    Hit me baby!:p:
    No i will poke you instead :poke:

ReputationRep:
    That we can't be sure, although Hagrid told Harry that he over heard Snape and DD's rather heated convo and perhaps DD told Snape to keep his promise/vow and to plan DD's (fake?)death?
    Cant have been faked, noone can survive that spell and there's a portrait of him now in his office.

ReputationRep:
    Cant have been faked, noone can survive that spell and there's a portrait of him now in his office.
    nah, the portrait argument is not that strong, since the book didn't say you have to die to have a portrait in the office, it only shows portraits of previous headmasters , not dead ones.. and about that spell, a pupular counter argument is that Snape used non verbal spell on DD, so even he said 'Avada Kadavra' it was possible that he meant some other spell that mimic the outcome of the avade kadavra curse.

ReputationRep:
    nah, the portrait argument is not that strong, since the book didn't say you have to die to have a portrait in the office, it only shows portraits of previous headmasters , not dead ones.. and about that spell, a pupular counter argument is that Snape used non verbal spell on DD, so even he said 'Avada Kadavra' it was possible that he meant some other spell that mimic the outcome of the avade kadavra curse.
    What about the Unbreakable Vow? Or the fact the DD thinks its a made up story?

ReputationRep:
    What about the Unbreakable Vow? Or the fact the DD thinks its a made up story?
    the vow? if the DD and Snape did plan DD's (again, fake?)death, then the vow would not be broken so that Snape could continue to be a spy for the order of the pheonix. I don't think DD thinks Snape's unbreakable vow is a made up story, since JKR wrote that section of the story for us to read and believe, so the unbreakble vow should be real. If you say DD might think Snape is lying to him about hes made an unbreakable vow with , erm, Mrs Malfoy, we've got no evidence so far to prove that.

ReputationRep:
    the vow? if the DD and Snape did plan DD's (again, fake?)death, then the vow would not be broken so that Snape could continue to be a spy for the order of the pheonix. I don't think DD thinks Snape's unbreakable vow is a made up story, since JKR wrote that section of the story for us to read and believe, so the unbreakble vow should be real. If you say DD might think Snape is lying to him about hes made an unbreakable vow with , erm, Mrs Malfoy, we've got no evidence so far to prove that.
    But there is evidence! In the conversation between Malfoy and DD, DD told Malfoy that the vow was a made up story to make Malfoy tell Snape what he was upto.

ReputationRep:
    I think your implication, that the entire chapter of Spinner's End in the 6th book is just to deceive the readers, seems unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    I think your implication, that the entire chapter of Spinner's End in the 6th book is just to deceive the readers, seems unlikely.
    i never said that

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.