Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

they caught us having sex, now im stuck in his room watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    walk out, look them in the eyes and smile whilst saying "i ****ed your son!" then run as fast as you can and dont look back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Co&Ca)
    walk out, look them in the eyes and smile whilst saying "i ****ed your son!" then run as fast as you can and dont look back.
    Genius, I bet thats exactly what she's going to do :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oi bf face your parents and tell em what u want to do thats right not what mum says if if she grounds you say NO!!!
    No!!!
    (ur 21 sort it out)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He is very close to her, she babys him a lot, when we first started going out she made sure HE was in at certain times. He is an only child, so its easy t understand. Well, here i go...
    (i had to wait for my boyfriend to calm down)
    Agree with ollie, apron strings have to be severed sometime ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well not really, we did promise. He just went down again and asked his parents to reconsider. He said his mum was crying.
    I think they are being way over dramatic about it, you're nearly 18 anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you walk out with a pronounced limp!

ReputationRep:
    His parents are being ridiculous. You've done nothing wrong at all. I hope your boyfriend is sticking up for you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speranza)
    I hope your boyfriend is sticking up for you...
    Sounds like he's more likely going to be sucking up to his mum and saying how much of a mistake it was and he'll never do it again, than sticking up for himself and his girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    Sounds like he's more likely going to be sucking up to his mum and saying how much of a mistake it was and he'll never do it again, than sticking up for himself and his girl.
    The OP will get the measure of him (pardon the pun) when she sees how he handles this situation ...

ReputationRep:
    ooo awkward!:s: good luck though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    The pun was clearly lost on you then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speranza)
    His parents are being ridiculous. You've done nothing wrong at all. I hope your boyfriend is sticking up for you...
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Make sure you stick together, don't get left to fend for yourself - you've done nothing wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne Auraque)
    The pun was clearly lost on you then.
    Pun? I'm pretty sure she meant for the boyfriend to stick up for the girl honestly, rather than some pun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laika)
    His parents need a good slapping.

That was my first thought too, upon reading this thread. How can they say they're ok with him not being christian and then try to force their beliefs on him? They just sound really controlling from what you say.

I guess that it was under their roof and you should respect their rules there, but...it just seems crazy when you're both this old. If you were say, 13, and he 18, I could understand. It doesn't seem like they want him to grow up...

good luck.

ReputationRep:
    oh my god this is better than neighbours! to the OP- please keep us updated this is riveting stuff!

ReputationRep:
    lol... great thread

ReputationRep:
    I'm on tenterhooks. And yea, his parents need to let go.

Okay, here is what happen...(so far. we had to go back upstairs cause they said they needed to think)
    We went down there, holding hands, and didnt go in the room, jut stood in the doorway till they noticed us. When they did his mother starting screaming at him to 'get that slut out of here...' etc etc...
    My boyfriend said no. quitely at first, his father said 'what did you say?' And my boyfriend YELLED no. He went on to say we have come to talk to them like mature adults. His mother bit her lip and sat down, befroe indocating that we shouls sit on the sofa opposite them. We did and my boyfriend said, 'we did nothing wrong, we have been together for 3 years and are both of age. We are in love and what wve been doing is right..' His mum ibnterupted here and said 'Been doing...' quite angerly. He said 'weve been having sex since her 17th birthday' At this point his dad walked out of the room, we heard him get a drink, then the taps runnimg. he came back in with water drinpping down his face. No one had said anything for a while untill his dad said 'you promised you would wait untill she was 18, youve betrayed our trust, not only that but youve turned your back on our religion...' my boyfriend interupted him at that point. He started yelling, i mean really screaming he went on about how i they hadnt forced religion on him so much hje may not have turned his back on it, and he bet that they alreasy knew we were having sex they just didnt want to admit it. he said he didnt care what they thought and that if they werent going to accepct what we are doing he would take the flat (FYI hes getting his own flat. he has to choose between 2. one 30miles from his home, but right near his uni, one only 4 miles away) thats 30 miles away, and would never come back. He was really screaming, and he scared me a lot, ive never heard him get that angery before, so i went to leave the room, he came after me and pulled me into his arms then led mr back into the room. i was crying by this piont. Then his father said that he would have to choose between me and them. He said he would choose me. His mum started freaking out at this point, saying that she loved him and he couldnt do this to her. My boyfreind calmly said, 'then accect that we are having sex...' There was a LONG silence at this point so my boyfriend spoke again, using the same calm tone he said, 'we love each other, we are doing nothing wrong, please dont do this, your only going to lose me.' There was another silence, then his father said, 'just get out of my sight, i need to discuss this with your mother' then he told me NOT to leave because he wants to talk to both of us after he talks to his wife. So we are back in his room. My boyfriend is on the phone to the estate agents, sorting out the flat thats 30 miles away. the problem is if he goes there, he will be living a total of 35miles from me....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parag)
    I'm on tenterhooks. And yea, his parents need to go.
    Bigtime. Where's that shovel? Pass me the axe please...

ReputationRep:
    I'm with sssh - you've got to respect house rules. It was the same at home for my sisters and me until last year (after one of them had had a boyfriend for 12 months). I still disagree with the change of policy partly because I'm sleeping 3 feet away on the other side of the wall, and also because of beliefs which we as a family all hold, but accept evolution of modern social ideals to one degree or another*. I was really surprised when my parents relaxed the rules and sometimes I still can't believe that they are ok with it - thank goodness I'm only there during the holidays though!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2006
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.