Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Just got a speeding ticket watch

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    That's the worst flirting I've ever seen.
    Well, I'm not flirting with you, so that's ok

ReputationRep:
    To top it off, the headphones I bought from tescos are the biggest pile of **** I've ever come across.

Talk about being kicked when you're down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    To top it off, the headphones I bought from tescos are the biggest pile of **** I've ever come across.

Talk about being kicked when you're down.
    Well you did buy them at tescos.
    Anyway, cheer up! Get the fresh cookies next time

ReputationRep:
    Fresh cookies really are the last thing I need right now

ReputationRep:
    They have to be better than oats and eggs

ReputationRep:
    Why is anyone giving this person any sympathy? You broke the law. You were 20 miles over the limit. If you didn't know that then it's your fault, no one elses. You thought you were going 10 miles over the limit anyway, so you have absolutely no case, especially seeing as you were caught on a speed gun.

(Original post by imasillynarb)
    I wasn't intending to run over any kids, whats that got to do with speeding?
    So?! You think anyone who runs over a kid because they are speeding, or crashes, or causes death by dangerous driving does it because they intended to? Bull****. They do it because they overestimate their own skill, drive like a prick and don't drive in a way where they are in control, leading to deaths. You think you'll be able to say 'I didn't intend to kill anyone' before a jury? They'd send you down for 10 years. You should feel lucky that you've got off so easily, some people are so lucky and live with murder on their conscience for the rest of their lives. Now stop complaining, realise driving is a privilege and not a right, realise you broke the law, and grow the **** up.

ReputationRep:
    You got cuaght doing 20mph over the limit and your annoyed? The law is the law, speeds limits are there for a reason.

You were trying to beat another car at traffic lights which itself indicates imature driving.

It is no wonder young people have to pay such high premiums.

Anne people tend to drive carefully in the driving test that is the problem, then as soon as some people get their licence they think it means they can do what they want showing little regard for the law. When they get caught they don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. I can't get a car because there are pricks like this guy pissing about and killing people. I'm an old granny behind the wheel, but because there are little fecks pissing about on the roads, i'm going to have to wait a few years before I can get a car

ReputationRep:
    20mph over the limit in a 30 zone. you desere more than a £60 fine and 3 points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    You were trying to beat another car at traffic lights which itself indicates imature driving.
    You clearly havn't read what he said properly? He said he sped up to beat the next set of traffic lights (im sure everyone has done that as who wants to be stuck on red for ages) and then slowed back down to the speed limit and was stuck behind a bus. Get off your high horse

ReputationRep:
    So what you're saying is, he broke the speeding laws so he could get passed an obstacle designed to dissuade drivers from going fast and calm traffic? And you don't see the problem with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    So what you're saying is, he broke the speeding laws so he could get passed an obstacle designed to dissuade drivers from going fast and calm traffic? And you don't see the problem with that?
    I always thought they were there to either let people cross a road, or let another stream of traffic out.
    Speed limits, speed bumps and fines are there to dissuade drivers from going fast.
    I suppose that's just my opinion, then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    Traffic lights don't act as calming measures, but act in regards to traffic flow. God forbid if you ever speed. Don't expect any compassion :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I'm shocked I was caught at 50, I didn't think I was going anywhere near that fast, but then again I wasn't paying any attention to the speedo, I was too busy making sure I didn't run over any kids and all that malarkey.

ReputationRep:
    Roads aren't made for kids anyways...

ReputationRep:
    As much as i'm someone who dosent like speeding(only do it on wide open national roads and motorway) I think you've been hard done by. I dont mean being caught going 20 over in a 30 zone. That is a bit excessive. But what I mean is you said it was unmarked police car. And as far as I know the police can only stop you and give you a speeding ticket if there has been a sign informing you of a speed camera/detection system and then another sign in the car which is doing the detecting.

So if it didnt have a sign on it then I think you have been hard done by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.narb.x)
    Only an idiot would speed where there are kids likely to run into the road.
    you dont take the chance. you dont speed because you think a kid wont run in front of you.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever, I've never run over a kid and I never will, regardless of what speed I'm doing. End of.

ReputationRep:
    nice attitude to have :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    Shoulda kept to the speed limit then, really...

Was it one of those places notorious for having a ludicrously low speed limit? there's one near me that goes from 30mph to 20mph as you go down a dip, then back up to 30mph after the dip. And has a speed camera.

That one's just silly.
    There's a speed camera near me which points up a steep hill. I see it as challenge to even do 30mph up the hill, rather than as a caution to slow down! If I ever get a speeding fine from it, I'll frame it.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.