Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Metal fans? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Teehee! I'm going to see Fear Factory on Sunday Can't wait. Misery Index are supporting, as well. Awesome.

And I saw Sepultura a week or two ago, too, with In Flames, and you're right, they are good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_ndy_)
    Anal Napsack?! they sound pretty good... and im a closet fan of "metal" as it were...

I see your from chichester.. well snap, me too...

Not many local "metal" bands round here not that i know of anyway..

Might be some, who play in the "Chichester Inn", but ive never seen them..
    Well what a small world! I don't know of any metal bands round here either ... except that one I found on MySpace the other day... of which I've forgotten the name.

(Original post by burningwings)
    I like other genres of metal too, and like soulfly, american head charge, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, soad, spineshank, arch enemy are awesome.. bands such as them!
    Mmm, American Head Charge. I could've seen them live a couple of years ago. I don't know why I didn't go.

I haven't seen Dog Fashion Disco mentioned yet... could they count? :p: Or have they been given the dreaded nu-metal label?

ReputationRep:
    I have never heard of them so feel free to mention them all you like :P

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Rammstein suck balls... but I definately prefer Ministry.

Hmm if you wanna know my metal list then check my last.fm link in my sig. I'm having a lazy day so I can't be arsed to type it all out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damdam)
    Download

The Download line-up's a bit rubbish this year And I'm NOT just saying that because I can't go because of an exam and I'd been planning to go ever since having an awesome time last year and all my friends are going and the Sunday is going to be my 18th birthday and it's going to suck

... ahem *snaps out of it*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulofanewmachine)
    I am currently into an extremely awesome UK Black Metal band by the name of Anaal Nathrakh ... even though my friends take the mickey 'cos I like a band called "Anal Napsack" :confused: Any sympathisers?
    Anaal Nathrakh are boring. The same can be said about most UK black metal bands. There are many better bands elsewhere.

Here are my current favourite bands: Desaster, Destroyer 666, Nocturnal, Warmonger, Toxic Holocaust, Nifelheim, Battlecry, Temnozor, Thunderbolt, Graveland, Ad Hominem, Nokturnal Mortum, Nargaroth, Nachtmystium, Horna, Grand Belial's Key, Arghoslent, etc.

My favourite style of metal, evidently, is black metal. However, I do like a lot of thrash metal, some death metal, a bit of power metal, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Another metal head here! Some bands in the metal(-ish) genre that I like are (in no particular order):

Deftones (favourite band, love 'em), Trivium, Sepultura, Dream Theater, Thrice, Yngwie Malmsteen, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, System Of A Down, Chevelle, In Flames, Rage Against The Machine, Nirvana, Pantera.

I've also recently been getting into:

Machine Head, Will Haven, Megadeth, Mastodon, Poison The Well, Sevendust and Black Label Society, but I need to hear more by these bands.

If anyone can recommend some other good bands, please do so!

(Original post by pianist)
    OK well here are some random bands that I like: Dream Theater.
    *Bows at pianist's feet!*

Absolutely amazing band! I've only heard Train Of Thought and a bit of Octavarium so far, but as soon as I heard This Dying Soul and As I Am, I was hooked. John Petrucci is a mindblowing guitarist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomik)
    Anaal Nathrakh are boring. The same can be said about most UK black metal bands. There are many better bands elsewhere.

Here are my current favourite bands: Desaster, Destroyer 666, Nocturnal, Warmonger, Toxic Holocaust, Nifelheim, Battlecry, Temnozor, Thunderbolt, Graveland, Ad Hominem, Nokturnal Mortum, Nargaroth, Nachtmystium, Horna, Grand Belial's Key, Arghoslent, etc.

My favourite style of metal, evidently, is black metal. However, I do like a lot of thrash metal, some death metal, a bit of power metal, etc.
    if it's not racist it's not good eh?!!11!!1!! kvlt!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Bands that I'm really loving at the moment are Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Nirvana, Pantera, Sevendust, Slayer, Spineshank, Iron Maiden, Kreator, Lamb Of God, Shadows Fall, Deftones, As I Lay Dying, Bloodsimple, Killswitch, Nine Inch Nails, Poison The Well and Still Remains.

Some bands I've been getting into recently include Judas Priest, Machine Head, Anthrax, Caliban and Sepultra.

Mmm, Deftones. I had no idea that they were metal but hey. I didn't know what they were.

Since hearing that Beware The Water track I've been even more excited about hearing the new album. They're taking too long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomik)

Well we obviously have quite different opinions, because I find quite a large proportion of black metal quite boring, but Anaal Nathrakh definitely not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    Mmm, American Head Charge. I could've seen them live a couple of years ago. I don't know why I didn't go.

I haven't seen Dog Fashion Disco mentioned yet... could they count? :p: Or have they been given the dreaded nu-metal label?
    ohhhhh you should have done!!!!! i saw them support soil and they were better than soil imo! (prob cos i was a bigger fan of them at the time)

i havent heard of that band, whatre they like?

ohhhhh you should have done!!!!! i saw them support soil and they were better than soil imo! (prob cos i was a bigger fan of them at the time)

i havent heard of that band, whatre they like?
    What are their live shows like? Lots of dressing up and weirdness or just good quality performances?

Dog Fashion Disco are circus metal. Nah, I don't know. :p: They're probably not metal at all but hey.

http://www.myspace.com/dogfashiondisco

Ta-daaa. Free music.

ReputationRep:
    Can't beat a good bit of Darkthrone. Or Emperor. Infernal hails! \m/

ARRRG! Yo-less def check out fear factory, you'll like them! Im going "arrrg" cos theyre playing soon, people here are seeing them..and I cant afford to!!
    I downloaded a couple of their songs and they're bloody brilliant. Can you recommend a few good titles?

ReputationRep:
    Digimortal and Demanufacture are the best albums, trackwise I like 'Edgecrusher', 'Replica', '(Memory Imprints) Never End', 'Linchpin', and of course their cover of 'Cars'...

They're not the heaviest tracks or anything, but all good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    Mmm, Deftones. I had no idea that they were metal but hey. I didn't know what they were.
    I'm pretty sure its alternative metal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladle)
    Digimortal and Demanufacture are the best albums, trackwise I like 'Edgecrusher', 'Replica', '(Memory Imprints) Never End', 'Linchpin', and of course their cover of 'Cars'...

They're not the heaviest tracks or anything, but all good.

Digimortal?? I think that's one of the worst >_< it has rapping in it. Bad rapping. You can't beat Soul Of A New Machine (their first album) ... back when he used Death Metal vocals

Oh and their newer stuff, after the line-up change, is also very good. Particularly Archetype, Cyberwaste and Slave Labor.

ReputationRep:
    I love Opeth. The only band that use death vocals that I can happily listen to. They are melodic, yet heavy. Powerful, yet beautiful in places. If you want to give them a whirl, buy either 'Blackwater Park' or 'Ghost Reveries', both great albums.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.