Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

I want to catch HIV (a new fad, not me personally :) ) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
    Am I the only person who thinks that the 3% chance of the condom splitting is still a huuuuge risk in relation to the HIV virus?
    It's a risk I doubt I'd be willing to take if I knew.

ReputationRep:
    This is interesting. I saw a program recently that documented an HIV-infected gay man and his pursuit of bug-chasers. The aim was to figure out why they wanted it. He thought they were nuts.

Reasons he found:
    1. The guys felt that by being infected, they could get the attention/love they didn't have.

2. They wanted an "easy" life without problems (eg. employment, money, shelter)

**And there was at least one person with whom he spoke to that caught the disease.

sad, aint it?

ReputationRep:
    I saw that programme too Dunnah, it was pretty disturbing, but didn't he find that there were all these people that talked a good game but when it came to the crunch none of them actually wanted to catch HIV/talk about it?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go as far as to call it a "new gay fad" like the OP has. If you're going to call this a "fad" then you may aswell call rape a "fad" aswell, which it isn't.

Well i'm not suprised at all tbh, and if it's between consenting adults then I don't really have a place to comment either.
    If this is being done without consent (i.e. knowing you have HIV and chosing not to tell the victim) then it should be dealt with firmly and cracked down on.

ReputationRep:
    For such an extreme sex substitute, an extreme private medical bill to cover a lifetime's supply of antiviral drugs would also be fitting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    I wouldn't go as far as to call it a "new gay fad" like the OP has. If you're going to call this a "fad" then you may aswell call rape a "fad" aswell, which it isn't.

Well i'm not suprised at all tbh, and if it's between consenting adults then I don't really have a place to comment either.
    If this is being done without consent (i.e. knowing you have HIV and chosing not to tell the victim) then it should be dealt with firmly and cracked down on.
    If done without consent it is GBH.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
    Am I the only person who thinks that the 3% chance of the condom splitting is still a huuuuge risk in relation to the HIV virus?
    Its not so much HIV (which is very tough to catch) but other STIs that make this a very disturbing statistic. Also, the more high risk the sexual activity, the more likely the condom will break; e.g. casual and (essentially) anonymous sex when people are drunk or high on drugs etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    If done without consent it is GBH.
    Yeah it would be a s. 20 Offences Against the Person Act 1861 offence of unlawfully and maliciously inflicting GBH. Like the case of R v Konzani [2005] EWCA Crim 706, a Malawi national living in the UK who infected 3 women with HIV over a number of years. Maximum penalty is 5 years imprisonment.

Sorry about that, just had to release my knowledge from revision - check me out!

ReputationRep:
    People want to catch HIV. If this is the latest fad, then truely I must quote 'what the hell is this world coming to?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simeon125)
    People want to catch HIV. If this is the latest fad, then truely I must quote 'what the hell is this world coming to?'
    In a world where suicide and murder are common place, I think your Daily Mail headline shows it to be somewhere marked by stupidity.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.