Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Resident Evil 4 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    Actually, there AREN'T any zombies. Technically. They're "Las Plagas"... parasites that take over a living human host. Basically they're LIKE zombies (although smarter, they can talk and use tools / weapons) but since they're not actually dead
    So technically they are zombies :p: but whatever it doesn't matter, the game rocks... but I have to have someone near me so I don't soil myself :p:

ReputationRep:
    How the heck do you defeat the two giants on Chapter 4 lava level? :confused:

I can get the first ******* to fall into the lava pit, but I dont have a clue how to kill the other *******.

Help pleases :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)

I can get the first ******* to fall into the lava pit, but I dont have a clue how to kill the other *******.

I did it by killing both El Gigantes because I wanted the extra 15,000 PTAs.
    What I did first was throw a flash grenade which immediately makes them fall to their knee. Then I ran behind one of them and started of by shooting them on the Plagas on it's back.
    (Something to try is to find out how many shots it takes to get back up, and next time hit it until it only takes 1 more shot, and then jump onto it's back, maximising the damage you can do.)
    I used my Magnum then the Rifle when I ran out of ammo. After a certain amount of damage it gets back up, just repeat the process. If you have no Flash Grenades then use up all your Grenades (Incendiary Grenades don't do anything in my experience.) Climb the ladder and when they get close slide to the other side of of room and keep shooting one in the head until it kneels. (preferably a Rifle.) After one goes down the last one is a piece of cake.

What did you all think the hardest bit of the game was? Mine was definately the 2xGarrador fight with the Ganados there to hinder you. I don't think I could of done it without starting out using up the Rocket Launcher you get. Second was Verdugo until I knew what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)

Grenades are your friend.

ReputationRep:
    On pro some of the bosses are insanely tough. The hardest had to be Krauser. You get hardly any time to press the button combos to dodge his attacks, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    ...any good?

The reviews all say it's absolutely amazing. I'm wondering whether to get the PC version when it comes out. I'll wait for PCZone's review but I hope it is good. The only Res Evil game I really really enjoyed was the remake for the GameCube in 2002.

Anyway, what did people think of it?
    it is ****ING AMAZING

ReputationRep:
    Ah those two giants, took me ages to figure out how to kill em. Can only manage to do this with one of them for some reason although i got both to fall in at once:
    - Go up the tower to the top of the zip line and wait until they start to batter the tower.
    - Go down the zip line and immediately press action to hold the lever, don't pull it just yet, you can hold the lever for a while without executing the action.
    - Leons head should turn to the side to look at the giants behind him, the camera points where his eyes are facing.
    - When you see one or both of the giants on the trapdoor, press action and they fall in.

Don't waste your ammo on shooting them because you will need it later on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt19850)
    Ah those two giants, took me ages to figure out how to kill em. Can only manage to do this with one of them for some reason although i got both to fall in at once:
    - Go up the tower to the top of the zip line and wait until they start to batter the tower.
    - Go down the zip line and immediately press action to hold the lever, don't pull it just yet, you can hold the lever for a while without executing the action.
    - Leons head should turn to the side to look at the giants behind him, the camera points where his eyes are facing.
    - When you see one or both of the giants on the trapdoor, press action and they fall in.

Don't waste your ammo on shooting them because you will need it later on.

But if you kill them without using the lava trap, you get a 15,000 PTA reward for each one, so it's sort of debatable.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i noticed that but only when i was playing with an action replay and just wanted to shoot stuff and not worry about ammo.

ReputationRep:

The bosses in resi 4 were, without exception, awesome although the final one is quite easy, especially if you have the mine thrower (compare him with Krauser or "It" .. piece of cake really).
    I agree that the final boss is a bit easy, even on Pro. You don't even need the mine thrower if you have a couple of grenades handy and buy a rocket launcher from the merchant just before the fight. In the final arena there are: 2 explosive barrels, one grenade, and two cranes. Another 2 grenades and the rocket launcher makes 8 knife-hits - more than enough to get you to the "special launcher". With a few more grenades or the mine launcher, you don't even NEED the special launcher.

As for the others you mentioned... I do agree that "It" is an absolute **** of a boss. I dread it every time. He's not so bad once you get to the final part, so long as you have plenty of ammo, but the "falling cages" are uuurgh. Hate 'em.

I disagree about Krauser though, he's easy. You just have to remember one point: The entire thing is a knife fight. The entire battle should only take 4 - 5 sniper rifle rounds (when he's hiding on top of that building), and maybe 10 handgun rounds for those little robots. The rest is all knife. If you try to take him on on top of the tower with anything BUT the knife, he'll own you in 2 hits. He's too fast and too well protected. Dodge 'n' slash, and he shouldn't even hit you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sziphix)
    But if you kill them without using the lava trap, you get a 15,000 PTA reward for each one, so it's sort of debatable.
    On Pro, ammo conservation is everything. 30,000 is worth far less than say 20 shotgun shells + 10 rifle rounds. Think of it this way: If you could spend that 30,000 on ammo you probably would - but you can't.

ReputationRep:
    It was okay, I made myself 'get into it' so to speak for a fair bit as I love the Resident Evil series. Must have completed it a few times.

But it isn't as good as the others.

ReputationRep:
    On Pro, ammo conservation is everything. 30,000 is worth far less than say 20 shotgun shells + 10 rifle rounds. Think of it this way: If you could spend that 30,000 on ammo you probably would - but you can't.
    I agree with you there, but I had assumed the 2 x El Gigante was on the Normal setting, where ammo conservation is easier.
    I don't think Pro is that bad for ammo conservation though; there's more ammo drops as opposed to money when you have less ammo and most of the ganados can be taken out with a headshot, kick and knifing them on the ground, and repeating the process when they get up, the Stryker exclusive upgrade gives you 80+ shells though .

So, what were the weapons you all used in the game?
    For Normal I ended up with Blacktail, Stryker, Semi-automatic Rifle and Broken Butterfly.
    For Professional I went with TMP, Stryker, Bolt-action Rifle and Broken Butterfly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    Grenades are your friend.
    Just got the *******s! No grenades neccessary

ReputationRep:
    I disagree about Krauser though, he's easy. You just have to remember one point: The entire thing is a knife fight. The entire battle should only take 4 - 5 sniper rifle rounds (when he's hiding on top of that building), and maybe 10 handgun rounds for those little robots. The rest is all knife. If you try to take him on on top of the tower with anything BUT the knife, he'll own you in 2 hits. He's too fast and too well protected. Dodge 'n' slash, and he shouldn't even hit you.
    Well firstly I didn't know he was so suscebtible to knife hits :p: Wish I knew that before I spent 2 hours trying to beat him (did eventually though!).

Also I found it hard to evade his attacks using the button combos - especially L+R, because of the way I hold the controller. After a while I realised it was just easier to run out of the way lol.

As for the 2x gigante fight - 15,000 is nothing compared to the ammo saved from not shooting him. Another thing which really helped (esp. on pro) was the fact that you get a full clip if you upgrade your weapon's capacity. This was especially useful for the magnum guns.

ReputationRep:
    Well firstly I didn't know he was so suscebtible to knife hits :p: Wish I knew that before I spent 2 hours trying to beat him (did eventually though!).
    Yeah, took my a few play-throughs to realise too. First couple I used the Killer7. Found that near impossible on Pro though, I'd hit him twice then get pwned.

I just had a sudden inclination to use the knife, as they really do focus on the "Leon vs Krauser Knife Fights" all through that storyline, and he runs right up close to you constantly - I suddenly had a flash-back of Leon saying to Ada "Next time, try using a knife. Works better for close encounters.". He's right, it works a treat.

ReputationRep:
    As for the others you mentioned... I do agree that "It" is an absolute **** of a boss. I dread it every time. He's not so bad once you get to the final part, so long as you have plenty of ammo, but the "falling cages" are uuurgh. Hate 'em.
    I don't think "It" is that bad a boss. The only thing that I've never enjoyed about the boss is one time when I came upto it with hardly any ammo.

I remember first time I came up to Krauser, I was about to go to sleep and I thought I'll just knife at him for laughs. Ended up beating him in no time

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, took my a few play-throughs to realise too. First couple I used the Killer7. Found that near impossible on Pro though, I'd hit him twice then get pwned.

I just had a sudden inclination to use the knife, as they really do focus on the "Leon vs Krauser Knife Fights" all through that storyline, and he runs right up close to you constantly - I suddenly had a flash-back of Leon saying to Ada "Next time, try using a knife. Works better for close encounters.". He's right, it works a treat.
    I beat Krauser on pro with a combination of 2 Killer7 hits and then leg it to the other end of the tower, and repeat. Took a looooooooong time, I only just made it out in time!

Argh I want to go and play resi 4 again, even though I've just done it on pro. By the way what is the matilda? And how do I get it in the game? Can I just buy it from the merchant?

ReputationRep:
    LEON!!!

man she's annoying, but this is a top quality game! it goes on forever too. you think you've completed it, but no.. there's more! definitely worth buying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    LEON!!!

man she's annoying, but this is a top quality game! it goes on forever too. you think you've completed it, but no.. there's more! definitely worth buying.
    I like the way it's split up into 3 bits (village, castle, island). None of it ever gets boring or repetetive either.

And I totally agree about Ashley. How come she dies instantly if I knife her in the leg but it takes 10,000 knife hits to the head to take out a regular las plagas? Bah!

Has anyone killed the merchant?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.