Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    Completely different circumstances then, since the Danish paper pictures everyones been super sensitive not to piss off Muslims.
    Still, the South Park depiction of Mohammed can be seen uncensored in the introduction:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...n10opening.png

ReputationRep:
    I'm outraged that Comedy Central refused to show Mohammed. They're fine about showing Jesus getting crapped on but when it comes to Mohammed - oh no, far too pathetically afraid. The whole POINT of those episodes was to make the statement that we cannot bury our heads in the sand and must stand up for free-speech, it's said EXPLICITLY in the first episode in the speech against the head-in-sand idea. And what did the Comedy Central execs do? They stuck their heads in the sand, revealed staggering double-standards and cravenly surrendered to absolute muslim idiocy. I want to see the cartoon with Mohammed being crapped on and I want statements released that tell Muslims they can piss-off if they don't like it. What a piece of crap religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonathanH)
    I'm outraged that Comedy Central refused to show Mohammed. They're fine about showing Jesus getting crapped on but when it comes to Mohammed - oh no, far too pathetically afraid. The whole POINT of those episodes was to make the statement that we cannot bury our heads in the sand and must stand up for free-speech, it's said EXPLICITLY in the first episode in the speech against the head-in-sand idea. And what did the Comedy Central execs do? They stuck their heads in the sand, revealed staggering double-standards and cravenly surrendered to absolute muslim idiocy. I want to see the cartoon with Mohammed being crapped on and I want statements released that tell Muslims they can piss-off if they don't like it. What a piece of crap religion.
    Am I the only one who found the irony of that absolutely hilarious? It's something Matt and Trey would do anyway just to be ironic and stupid.

ReputationRep:
    The irony would be hilarious if the issue wasn't so serious. It was a great move by Matt and Trey to expose their bosses for the snivelling appeasers that they really are. When SOUTH PARK is prevented from "offending", the world is in severe trouble.
    Then again, the fault cannot all lie with the execs. They showed Jesus being crapped on - because christians don't blow stuff up over cartoons. They show Jews in equally demeaning ways ("the passion of the Jew", anyone?) - because Jews don't blow stuff up over cartoons. But now they have to cut a simple image of Mohammed?! A couple of frames of a brown character in a turban?! That's insanity and it's because of the simple truth, the one that the "they're not real muslims" crowd love to deny - muslims, real muslims in a whole host of countries, blow stuff up over cartoons.

http://www.zipperfish.net/free/yaafm12.php

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mamba)
    Has anyone seen 'Good times with weapons' episode? That song... and the characters in animé style... Very cool.

So sad that Chef is leaving now ... (has he really been killed off?)
    Yes, he has been killed off. The story is that Issac Hayes is a Scientologist and was offended by the Tom Cruise episode. The episode they killed him off in was again another dig at scientology, saying the Super Adventure Club had brainwashed him. In code meaning scientology is brainwashing people in to believing the 'religion'. They used odd clips from different episodes to make 'The Return of Chef' episode which is great and highly amusing.
    I just think it's really stupid that Issac Hayes leaves when they take the piss out of his religion. Although they've been taking the piss out of Jews, Catholics and other religions for the last 10 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strange)
    Southpark is brilliant

I feel like the only girl who watches it though, how frightening.
    I'm a girl too and I'm probably one of the only one of my lot that watches it

ReputationRep:
    lol it looks good!!

Eskimo Melon have we chatted before on another forum? I swear I remember your username from somewhere....might have been the channel 4 forums?

*feel free to back away slowly if I'm totally wrong lol*
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by mc_hamster)
    Yes, he has been killed off. The story is that Issac Hayes is a Scientologist and was offended by the Tom Cruise episode. The episode they killed him off in was again another dig at scientology, saying the Super Adventure Club had brainwashed him. In code meaning scientology is brainwashing people in to believing the 'religion'. They used odd clips from different episodes to make 'The Return of Chef' episode which is great and highly amusing.
    I just think it's really stupid that Issac Hayes leaves when they take the piss out of his religion. Although they've been taking the piss out of Jews, Catholics and other religions for the last 10 years.
    That was the best episode ever.

ReputationRep:
    isaac hayes not doing the voice of chef anymore??? :O

or is chef not going to be in it at all?

best episode ever - cartmanland

"best of all - nobody can come, especially stan and kyle!"

- stan and kyle are my best friends - lol >_<

(Original post by Kingers)
    isaac hayes not doing the voice of chef anymore??? :O

or is chef not going to be in it at all?

best episode ever - cartmanland

"best of all - nobody can come, especially stan and kyle!"

- stan and kyle are my best friends - lol >_<
    Chefs gone...

ReputationRep:
    Not completely. There is still... Darth Chef

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelil)
    lol it looks good!!

Eskimo Melon have we chatted before on another forum? I swear I remember your username from somewhere....might have been the channel 4 forums?

*feel free to back away slowly if I'm totally wrong lol*

haha we totally have. big brother haha x

(Original post by Eskimo Melon)
    haha we totally have. big brother haha x
    Wow, you have slow reactions! Better late than never I guess. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Ha, why the hell resurrect such an old thread? lol, I was the last one to post in it, and that was the week I had just started uni, I'm now about to finish my second year!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.