Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've not yet listened to the whole album as the CD is in my other computer, which has broken, and I can't get it out

But I love All I Have!!

ReputationRep:
    My new favourite track is chasing cars reminds me of shake those windows

ReputationRep:
    I think its better than Final Straw. I've listened thru the whole album countless times. I like every song on it whereas Final Straw had a few songs that I thought were kinda boring.

ReputationRep:
    the new album has a different feel to it if you loved final straw then you'll probably like this, it has a very big contrast in this album between being rocky and then slow. I would definately buy it, its one of those albums that grows on you so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysteryman)
    its one of those albums that grows on you so to speak.
    On the contrary, I loved this album from the beginning but hey, that's just me.

I think 'eyes open' is a great song, but when i listened to the whole album I just got bored. I prefer final straw i think, this album seems too plain.

I have only listenes to it all the way through once though, and I should probably wait until I've heard more of the songs on their own before I tuck it in the bottom of the pile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mute)
    I think 'eyes open' is a great song, but when i listened to the whole album I just got bored. I prefer final straw i think, this album seems too plain.

I have only listenes to it all the way through once though, and I should probably wait until I've heard more of the songs on their own before I tuck it in the bottom of the pile.
    Try listening to it on shuffle, trust me it makes a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decent_Jam)
    Try listening to it on shuffle, trust me it makes a difference.
    yup, i think the first 5 songs are amazing, but they are the first 5 songs and so ive heard them more, mxing it up is better, except for the random track that is track 12.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, it is random, sounds like Kings of Leon at the start (they're rubbish not coincidentally) but it's an alright song, bit more grungy than the rest.

ReputationRep:
    track 12 is the random one with no sound until you turn it up and its childrens voices

ReputationRep:
    i like headlights on dark roads. yer track 12 is random! i only got it ydy so haven't listened to it all yet. i liked every track on final straw, im trying not to compare them too much!

ReputationRep:
    Im liking it quite alot at the moment..

Fav tracks for me at the mo are: Finish Line, you're all i have, chasing cars.. They are cool

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I like it too, i got a few random tracks of theirs and stuck them on the end as well (pre-FinalS) which is working pretty well, yay.

Liking American Hi-fi a lot at the moment as well...randomly

ReputationRep:
    I love the new album too, thought it wouldn't match Final Straw. Favourite songs are Hands Open and You Could Be Happy. I'm going to see them in August as well so hurrah

ReputationRep:
    Liking American Hi-fi a lot at the moment as well...randomly
    I like their first album but not their other albums..

People keep saying that Eyes Open can't compare to Final Straw..why is that? I think Final Straw had a few quite boring songs. My favorites from FS are how to be dead, run and chocolate..well those are the ones that always seem to stick..

ReputationRep:
    ive been trying to listen more to their first two albums. Songs for Polar Bears and When its all over we still have to clear up (jeez what a long title!!) they've re-released them now with extra tracks which is annoying, cos ive already got them but would like to hear the new tracks. guess ill have to try to download them off somewhere. I prefer Final Straw at the moment, am having a break from eyes open cos im hearing it so much atm and dont want to get sick of it. ooo and I got tickets to see Snow Patrol at Wembley in dec, cant wait! will be the third time this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicdreamer)
    I like their first album but not their other albums....
    Yeah it's the same with me, their self-titled is the only one I have, but there are a few other random songs I found which are good: Hell Yes!, Vertigo, The breakup song. The former sounds suspiciously like Maroon 5 actually, check it out if you can!

(Original post by musicdreamer)
    People keep saying that Eyes Open can't compare to Final Straw..why is that? I think Final Straw had a few quite boring songs. My favorites from FS are how to be dead, run and chocolate..well those are the ones that always seem to stick..
    Spitting Games too surely? I don't understand the incapability to compare either really I like them both but Eyes Open is more my taste probably, the slower songs on Final Straw arn't done as well as some of Supergrasses on Road to Rouen for example, or the Verve (one trick ponies themselves but no matter still good). It's good to progress, I can't really compare it to their earlier albums because I haven't heard them, but I'm sure they are more raw and less well produced, which would cause me to err to Eyes Open.

ReputationRep:
    Spitting Games too surely?
    True..forgot about that..however I prefer the other 3 songs slightly more..'how to be dead' and 'run' are def the very best from final straw imo..

ReputationRep:
    just listening to Warmer Climate (track 14) today and noticed at the start you can hear a what sounds like soemone pleasuring themselves, listen carefully.:confused: :confused:

am i hearing things:confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, it is a bit suspicious sounding...

I love the album so so so much!! Better than FS in my opionion, because like so many other's have said I like every song on it, and there were some bad ones on FS.

Best tracks: You Could Be Happy, Hands Open, Finish Line, Open Your Eyes (after it featured on ER)

I don't understand.. track 12 is it... just children laughing or something. Creeps me out...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.