Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The most shocking moment on TV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The most shocking was 9/11

Can't really say london was a shock cause we all knew it was gonna happen.

ReputationRep:
    people being killed with an axe

ReputationRep:
    Watching That Second Plane Through The Twin Towers Live On TV... I remember that being one of the most shocking things ive seen

ReputationRep:
    The Bachelor didn't pick Moana

ReputationRep:
    Something a bit different but that just occured to me.... watching Hurricane Katrina come ashore live on CNN/Fox News and the like, I remember getting up at about 5am that morning, because I had read the bulletins fron the National Hurricane Center and I knew it was gonna be monstrous, and it was both shocking and sad as the reoprts came in live about levees breaking, and you knew New Orelans was just going to be decimated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by law:portal)
    The most shocking was 9/11

Can't really say london was a shock cause we all knew it was gonna happen.
    it was shocking if you lived in london and knew that your family were using public transport that morning. also pretty shocking knowing you mayb have been on a train or 2 before the ones that were attacked.
    and the image of the woman with the burn pack on WAS shocking even if you were expecting london to be attacked.

ReputationRep:
    Kinga and her bottle on Big Brother

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tickleyourbrain)
    it was shocking if you lived in london and knew that your family were using public transport that morning. also pretty shocking knowing you mayb have been on a train or 2 before the ones that were attacked.
    and the image of the woman with the burn pack on WAS shocking even if you were expecting london to be attacked.
    I felt worse after seeing the London bombing and of course it was all shocking, but, 9/11 was so out of the blue and what was worse was that you could see the planes crash into the building.

ReputationRep:
    It's been on the TV now, so my answer is the CCTV footage of the Columbine Shootings (Micheal Moore put it in Bowling for Columbine, for no good reason really). Watching as people run and hide under desks, and then the two killers come in and start throwing bombs... shocking, terrible stuff.

9/11 was really bad, but i think i was still a bit young (even in Yr9) to understand what was happening and how terrible it was.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was in year 9 too. Didn't even know what the Twin Towers were. Just remember going back to my mates' house after school and his whole family (who were American) just started yelling "they've blown up the twin towers!" as we walked in the front door, and were on the phone to their relatives and everything. Don't remember seeing much footage of it on tv though.

ReputationRep:
    SPOILERS

When Jack Bauer shoots Ryan Chapelle in Season 3 of 24, my jaw just dropped. I mean, I knew it was coming and all, but I was still utterly shocked not only that Jack actually did it, but that he didn't have some kind of plan hatched to keep Ryan alive. And the fact that the clock appears without the beeps makes it hit home completely.

ReputationRep:
    Use a spoiler tag!

Spoiler:
    Show
    :wavey:

Possibly watching the broadcasts as the news came through about July the 7th.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.