Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nice guys don't necessarily finish last. Weak guys finish last whether they are genuinely nice or bitter and twisted. If you have a level of confidence and maturity then you aren't punished for having integrity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dyslexic_banana)
    Christ, you say it as if you're proud of it. You want guys who don't want you? If guys are like that with women, it can be referred to as 'stalking'. How can you have any form of a relationship, if the guy musn't seem interested? Do you dump guys the minute they kiss you, because then that means they're interested?
    I didn't say I like guys who don't want me, I said I always fall for guys who play hard to get, theres a difference. Read the post properly before you start talking rubbish. If a guy wasn't interested i'd move on, simple as.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crosseyed_cat)
    stop encouraging them lol
    Lol, I do sometimes feel like a magnet for all the wrong guys lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittennffc)
    Lol, I do sometimes feel like a magnet for all the wrong guys lol!
    So what's wrong with nice guys then?

ReputationRep:
    erm whats wrong with sweet???? a guy who treats me well is a huge turn on. i dont want a doormat and he has to be able to stand up for himself but he can still be nice.

i definitely would never want someone who acted up to his mates either. it makes him fake and a total wuss (for want of a better word). i need someone whos strong enough to be themselves!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrentEnd)
    So what's wrong with nice guys then?
    Nothings wrong with nice guys, I just prefer the excitment of a bad boy.

ReputationRep:
    you can get both of these characteristics in some guys!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=high priestess fnord]erm whats wrong with sweet???? a guy who treats me well is a huge turn on. i dont want a doormat and he has to be able to stand up for himself but he can still be nice.

i definitely would never want someone who acted up to his mates either. it makes him fake and a total wuss (for want of a better word). i need someone whos strong enough to be themselves!![/QUOTE]

me too! totally agree with you there!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, being stood up and not having your calls returned is really exciting...

*sorry, I'm just bitter! Long story...*

ReputationRep:
    i prefer to have someone who will put up with me!! im very demanding:p:

ReputationRep:
    i really go for funny guys, all the guys i have ever gone out with have nothing in common lookswise, i go for eyes mostly...nice eyes does it everytime...when those eyes are focused on u .............anyway let me not fantacise too much recently i have been going for musicians! love these girly chats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marie05)
    no...i lack confidence myself and i wish ihad more of it so i feel i need a guy whos got some!
    Seems a tad hypocritical. Do you want such a boyfriend, so he can do certain things for you that require confidence? Just trying to understand where you're coming from.

Seriously: what is a 'bad boy'? What is it he does that gives him this title? What does he do, in his spare time? Steal? Fight? What is it he does that makes him so 'bad', and, therefore, so attractive to women?

ReputationRep:
    Seems a tad hypocritical. Do you want such a boyfriend, so he can do certain things for you that require confidence? Just trying to understand where you're coming from.
    Not so that he does things for me, no. But generally a guy who would have more confidence would hopefully support and encourage me more with whatever i want to do in life. I just feel im more likely to get that support that i need from a confident guy rather than a shy one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by different?)
    A gentleman.
    ditto !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Nice guys don't necessarily finish last. Weak guys finish last whether they are genuinely nice or bitter and twisted. If you have a level of confidence and maturity then you aren't punished for having integrity.
    True, I am by no mean "nice", but my cynicism, bitterness and cruelty seem to be as repellent as the methods of the insipid fools you see around, simply because it is the wrong "sort" of mean.

ReputationRep:
    You need to find the balance... neither extreme is a turn on!

Its good when a guy is interested yet without comprimising his individuality e.g. yes, you're right, I agree, that's so true -unless hes being sincere

The problem is clingyness thats what drives people mad

The initiation of convos, texting, etc. should be equal between the two, when one goes overboard its like uh-oh.....................

No girls like horrible boys that are horrible to them

do they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    I was talking about this with someone and we both said that its a big turn off for us when a guy is really sweet and treats us like hes really really interested. Is it just us?:confused:
    Nope. You're not alone. I really like sweet guys. It's thrilling to flirt with the not-so-nice ones, but I wouldnt' want to date someone like that and deal with his attitude on a daily basis.

ReputationRep:
    dyslexic banana mate I can see where you're coming from but you need to jolt your negative attitude out of your system. Any time theres one of these types of threads you are all over it complaining about the injustice of some less than scrupulous characters managing to attract naive girls.

Yes it happens, if the girls play with fire and get burned it's their problem not yours.

If you are feeling frustrated that you rate yourself as being an honest but decent character and you are getting looked over in favour of these jumped up rudeboys then the best thing you can do is stop whinging about the world and grow some backbone, portray yourself as a confident and self-assured man of principles who doesn't doubt himself.

Girls don't go for these idiots over you because they are idiots, they go for these idiots because they don't complain all the time they just believe in what they are...complaining isn't sexy, standing for your principles is.

ReputationRep:

Seriously: what is a 'bad boy'? What is it he does that gives him this title? What does he do, in his spare time? Steal? Fight? What is it he does that makes him so 'bad', and, therefore, so attractive to women?
    my definition of an attractive "bad boy" is being flirtatious and generally being cheeky. :p: obviously he wouldnt be attractive if he steals, starts fights etc!

ReputationRep:

my definition of an attractive "bad boy" is being flirtatious and generally being cheeky. :p: obviously he wouldnt be attractive if he steals, starts fights etc!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2006
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.