Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaB71187)
    Hey!

I also have an offer to study Law at LSE... Horrible offer though.. AAA on TOP of the A in Maths I got last year! They said I would have been better off not telling them about that.. something about a rule saying you have to get 3 As in one sitting?

Anyhow I am pretty sure I will accept LSE.... although I am finding it hard to chose between LSE and Kings..:confused: :confused:

I wont be staying in halls though, I only live 20 or so mins away by bus so I guess it makes more sense to stay at home.

Anyone attending the Visit Day tomorrow?!?
    In all honesty, LSE is far superior to Kings.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I also have an offer to study Law at LSE... Horrible offer though.. AAA on TOP of the A in Maths I got last year! They said I would have been better off not telling them about that.. something about a rule saying you have to get 3 As in one sitting?

Anyhow I am pretty sure I will accept LSE.... although I am finding it hard to chose between LSE and Kings..:confused: :confused:

I wont be staying in halls though, I only live 20 or so mins away by bus so I guess it makes more sense to stay at home.

Anyone attending the Visit Day tomorrow?!?
    Hey, congrats on your offer (even though it is harsh!). Ive got a similar problem concerning the offer, as you. I got an A last year in my greek A2 (greek isnt my first language) and LSE said they accepted it, BUT they also want me to get 3As in my alevels this summer.. :eek: Hope i make it..! Good luck to you too!
    I think you should definately go for LSE rather than kings because it is a better uni and has a really good name (better than kings does).
    Hope you pick lse!!!! and good luck with getting your grades! hope to see you in a few months!!
    alexandra x

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to you too Emma. Yea my offer is kinda harsh too...AAA. Pick LSE...its international reputation can't be match by King's. Hope to see you this fall!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am off to the Visit Day in oh an hour or so. At school now and I have to stay for PSHCE first :mad:

I think I will chose LSE in the end. The only thing stopping me at the minute is that although I have been there for public lectures all I have seen is the Old Theatre and the Hong Kong theatre which isnt much... whereas I was at a Visit day at kings about a month ago and we got a proper tour and I really liked what I saw...

Im just hoping I am going to get to LSE today and love it cause at the moment my head is telling me chose LSE but something keeps drawing me to Kings...

Anyone else heading for the Visit Day?!

And its a relief to know Im not the only one with a horrible offer - alexandra and Deathscythe HG - we will get our As! Fingers crossed anyway! Alexandra you are in pretty much the same situation as me.. We should only have been asked for 2 more As in our June exams... but no they want another 3:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am off to the Visit Day in oh an hour or so. At school now and I have to stay for PSHCE first :mad:

I think I will chose LSE in the end. The only thing stopping me at the minute is that although I have been there for public lectures all I have seen is the Old Theatre and the Hong Kong theatre which isnt much... whereas I was at a Visit day at kings about a month ago and we got a proper tour and I really liked what I saw...

Im just hoping I am going to get to LSE today and love it cause at the moment my head is telling me chose LSE but something keeps drawing me to Kings...

Anyone else heading for the Visit Day?!

And its a relief to know Im not the only one with a horrible offer - alexandra and Deathscythe HG - we will get our As! Fingers crossed anyway! Alexandra you are in pretty much the same situation as me.. We should only have been asked for 2 more As in our June exams... but no they want another 3:eek:
    Tell you what; when i first applied in september i really wanted to go to kings. it was my first choice (even before cambridge) because i went to their summer open day and loved the place to bits. i met people there and felt really comfortable there. BUT doom and gloom came and they rejected me. i was completely shocked (not cause i think im amazing or anything and that they are missing out by not accepting me.. of course not) but because i thought that was "where i was meant to go" - well at least thats where i thought i was! Plus LSE accepted me before and i thought that kings would also because LSE was better (academically for law at least); and if they accepted me, then kings would! Sounds arrogant doesnt it? lol :p:

Well anyway, now that ive been looking at LSE more closely and finding out more about it etc, im sooo excited about going there and i think this is definately the place to go!!!! Its one of the top academically for Law (better than kings definately) and because i love politics, its got loads of political societies to join and lots of debate and "intellectual discussion".. which i loveee!! So in the end, LSE is the place to go.. for me at least!

The blasted offer they gave me was harsh! i should've sat my greek this year (it doesnt require THAT much revision so i still would've gotten an A again) and maybe.. just maybe (:rolleyes: ) they might've given me a nicer offer!! But i suppose, as you said, fingers crossed, and we can make it!!
    Definately put LSE down (im sure the kings people will tell you to put kings down) but if you look at lse you'll see just how much it has to offer and in the end, its the best! i really should become their PR!!

All the best, and hope you pick LSE! btw which alevels are doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandra)
    you're going to sing me a song? should i be afraid? :p:
    OH nooo since we are both prospective LSE's it will be a very ... intimate song... from an honourable Msc to an eminent LLB... now wouldn't that be exciting (though you might be even more scared now)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octavius85)
    OH nooo since we are both prospective LSE's it will be a very ... intimate song... from an honourable Msc to an eminent LLB... now wouldn't that be exciting (though you might be even more scared now)!
    ahh right.. that would indeed be exciting :p: Random question but can you sing?

ReputationRep:
    ahh right.. that would indeed be exciting :p: Random question but can you sing?
    of course, i have the julio iglesias style: bad singing, but all it takes in the moves (have you noticed how this guy handles a microphone :eek: ?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octavius85)
    of course, i have the julio iglesias style: bad singing, but all it takes in the moves (have you noticed how this guy handles a microphone :eek: ?)
    hahaha! oh god.. now i am afraid!! :p: so you're going to sweep me off my feet by erm.. dancing? you can mouth the words instead and have the actual song in the background.. think that would be better

ReputationRep:
    oh thanks for the well wishes emma. To all students who have conditional offers, best wishes for the coming exams! We will get our grades!!

ReputationRep:
    *prays*

ReputationRep:
    Alexandra I am doing History German Physics..

I was doing Further Maths, hence why I did the A-Level Maths early in Year 12, and this year I was doing the further maths A-level.. But then on top of that mean offer they said the further maths a level would not even count towards it!!!

So I decided to drop it after the january modules.. but I will still pick up an AS in Further Maths so thats fine by me.. At least I can focus on the other subjects now.. And 4 A levels and an AS will be more than enough i think.. or hope rather given the number of people doing 5 these days

ReputationRep:
    You applied to a lot of the same Unis as me alexandra. I also went for Cambridge, Kings, LSE, Queen Mary.. what were your other 2? I chose UCL and City.

Hey and did any of you lot go to the Visit Day? What did you think if you did? I really liked it! The library is very cool

I think I have now definately made up my mind.. LSE firm, Kings insurance!

Oooh plus I found out that when we do the optional bits we can do modules from other areas not just law! lol apologies if everyone knew that already and I am just being very slow.. I knew Kings let you do that but did not know LSE did.. So I can do a history module

ReputationRep:
    You applied to a lot of the same Unis as me alexandra. I also went for Cambridge, Kings, LSE, Queen Mary.. what were your other 2? I chose UCL and City.

Hey and did any of you lot go to the Visit Day? What did you think if you did? I really liked it! The library is very cool

Oooh plus I found out that when we do the optional bits we can do modules from other areas not just law! lol apologies if everyone knew that already and I am just being very slow.. I knew Kings let you do that but did not know LSE did.. So I can do a history module
    LSE is better than King's anyway Good luck in your exams

ReputationRep:

haha i applied to all the ones you did too! kings, cam, ucl, queen mary, city and of course, LSE!
    WOW we can do history modules?? that is AMAZING news!!! where did you get that info from? to be honest, i never fully wanted to do law, i really wanted to study modern history and politics but for varied reasons, wasnt allowed to do it, so decided to go for law instead. so hearing we can do history modules is AMAZING news!! Which type of history, ie modern, political? im sooo happy! you made my day dudette!!
    glad you picked lse btw, excellent choice!
    which halls did you put down btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexeynechaev)
    LSE is better than King's anyway Good luck in your exams
    hehe thats the spirit! honestly, we should be paid for promoting lse as much as we do :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    haha i applied to all the ones you did too! kings, cam, ucl, queen mary, city and of course, LSE!
    WOW we can do history modules?? that is AMAZING news!!! where did you get that info from? to be honest, i never fully wanted to do law, i really wanted to study modern history and politics but for varied reasons, wasnt allowed to do it, so decided to go for law instead. so hearing we can do history modules is AMAZING news!! Which type of history, ie modern, political? im sooo happy! you made my day dudette!!
    glad you picked lse btw, excellent choice!

Yeah we can! Not just history either, and subject! The guy doing the Law talk said so, didnt you hear?? Plus I checked in the online prospectus and under the optional modules for 2nd and 3rd year it says "An outside option (one of over 100 courses in other subjects)" as one of the choices

Yeah it is super news.. The thing about me is I like diversity and the thought of studying one subject at Uni I did not like at all, which is one of the reasons I chose Law cause its so diverse there are so many different areas... But now I know I can do history modules I'm very pleased Cause I love history its my favourite subject.. Will miss studying it.

And wow thats cool that we applied to all the same Unis.. When I was at my Cambridge interview I met another girl who had applied to the same 6 as well, and the same colege in Cambridge and all.. Well great minds think alike eh? did you get in to UCL? Lol I didnt get in there... I think I sort of felt the same way about there as you did about Kings.. Seeing as I got in to LSE and Kings I thought I would have got in there, and I liked it a lot initially... Apparantly they put a lot of emphasis on the LNAT so thats probably why, I got 20 for that.. even though the average was 16.9 so 20 was OK I think...

hearing we can do history modules is AMAZING news!! Which type of history, ie modern, political? im sooo happy! you made my day dudette!!
    Hee hee glad to be spreading the happiness!

And I am living at home I am not staying in halls.. I only live about 20 or so mins away by bus so there is not much point living out really. Where do you live?

ReputationRep:
    Err as for the type of history I am guessing we would have to check the history course description for that, I think we would be able to pick any part we wanted.. hopefully..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we can! Not just history either, and subject! The guy doing the Law talk said so, didnt you hear?? Plus I checked in the online prospectus and under the optional modules for 2nd and 3rd year it says "An outside option (one of over 100 courses in other subjects)" as one of the choices

Yeah it is super news.. The thing about me is I like diversity and the thought of studying one subject at Uni I did not like at all, which is one of the reasons I chose Law cause its so diverse there are so many different areas... But now I know I can do history modules I'm very pleased Cause I love history its my favourite subject.. Will miss studying it.

And wow thats cool that we applied to all the same Unis.. When I was at my Cambridge interview I met another girl who had applied to the same 6 as well, and the same colege in Cambridge and all.. Well great minds think alike eh? did you get in to UCL? Lol I didnt get in there... I think I sort of felt the same way about there as you did about Kings.. Seeing as I got in to LSE and Kings I thought I would have got in there, and I liked it a lot initially... Apparantly they put a lot of emphasis on the LNAT so thats probably why, I got 20 for that.. even though the average was 16.9 so 20 was OK I think...

Hee hee glad to be spreading the happiness!

And I am living at home I am not staying in halls.. I only live about 20 or so mins away by bus so there is not much point living out really. Where do you live?
    Super Dooper!! i didnt go to the visit cause i live in Cyprus so flying over would've been quite impossible at this minute (what with exams soon and the money etc).
    I didnt get into ucl either.. man i suck!! whats quite wierd is that lse didnt want the lnat :rolleyes: actually i shouldnt say wierd, i should say thankfully! i messed mine up big time.. which is probably why kings rejected me as well. Which college did you put at cambridge? i put down newnham (god big mistake, didnt like it at all there, preferred queens or st.johns but aaanyway!).
    Im going to miss history sooooo much.. i absolutely love it to bits and im dreading not doing it anymore.. Im hoping law will have some groovy interesting history modules to pick from because that way it would make it more interesting i suppose.. lol!
    If you ever find the list of history modules, PM them to me cause i tried looking for some on the lse website and just saw one option on the history of law (eh.. spose its better than nothing..) in the options list. Hope theres more! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hey I applied to Newnham as well!! So we did have identical choices then!
    I might have seen you there eh?! Now Im thinking you might be the girl I talked to there.. the one I was just talking anout... except I saw her again at the Kings Visit day and she said she was going there but you said you didnt get in right? So it cant be you :confused:

Im going to miss history sooooo much.. i absolutely love it to bits and im dreading not doing it anymore.. Im hoping law will have some groovy interesting history modules to pick from because that way it would make it more interesting i suppose.. lol!
    Ha ha I could not have put it better myself.. At the minute I do British History (which I could live without :p: lol but I also do Russian history which i really love) This is so weird we are like mirror images of eachother... whenever you say something I think it could so easily be me saying it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.