Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As my primary school teacher said to me when I left:

"The sky is the limit, reach for it!"

No-one said getting the grades for Oxford would be easy, in fact, it is known to be difficult. But its a challenge. You are pushing yourself to your limit, and that I think is a good thing. You're trying to obtain the best that you can do, and its all you have to give. For me, if you try your hardest, but fail to get in then you can just shrug your shoulders and say "I tried, it was always going to be tough, but I'm not going to worry about it" You've really lost nothing at the end of the day. You can only ever do your best.

If you get the grades then you've done it! But the only limit you are really striving for is a personal one, the limit within yourself. The Oxford requirements really are no matter, just aim for that personal limit, and see later where it takes you

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    I can pretty much guarantee that come freshers' week, you won't want to meet up, you'll be having too much fun in college! Make it a bit later, when you've all settled in. There was a TSR meet-up in 2nd week of Michaelmas this year, which was a good time to have it. We should all do something again this year.
    You're sounding like an old timer Feef... you're not the newbie fresher anymore :rofl:, funny to see in a way, full circle :cool:

I'm with you Rose 64... we can be old codgers in the corner together don't worry . In fact there's plenty of us more "mature" Oxford TSRers. Oh and yes its scary, but we'll still have the 4th years and medical students to make us feel young

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    You're sounding like an old timer Feef... you're not the newbie fresher anymore :rofl:, funny to see in a way, full circle :cool:

I'm with you Rose 64... we can be old codgers in the corner together don't worry . In fact there's plenty of us more "mature" Oxford TSRers. Oh and yes its scary, but we'll still have the 4th years and medical students to make us feel young
    Except you'll already by a 4th year by then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)

am finding it very difficult to cope with the idea of not being a fresher. i think i may have a profound middle-of-oxford-life crisis next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose64)
    am finding it very difficult to cope with the idea of not being a fresher. i think i may have a profound middle-of-oxford-life crisis next year.
    Lol, it's not that bad: no exams at least

ReputationRep:
    Basically - jamesjay you're a ledge, look out for the rep.

Dont worry peeps - we've got this far - tis got to be fate!

Keep working hard and we'll be there!
    And yes to a TSR whocangethammeredthequickest comp!

Peace out, im going to bed! (in Japan!)

ReputationRep:
    happy days!!

feeling much better about all this (largely down to everyone being so damn dude-esque) and just got my jabs for the gap year! im now one immune mother*****er...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesjay)
    happy days!!

feeling much better about all this (largely down to everyone being so damn dude-esque) and just got my jabs for the gap year! im now one immune mother*****er...
    Haha. Good on you!
    I've been doing some more work recently - and you realise it's really not that bad. You've just got to go through everything and make sure you know it. Pretty tedious - but not hard. And it'll be worth it for an Oxford place at the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesjay)
    I'm doing English at Hertford (hopefully)...just around the corner from you!!! Will be there a year later than you though (hopefully). Look out for Piers Lemoine (geo) and Tom Jemmett (his) at your college - fairly legendary fellas.
    went and had a look in Hertford today....'tis a very nice college
    ...and i will look out for Piers and Tom....(people are gona think im crazy when the first thing i ask people is "Hi are you Tom or Piers by any chance?" ...oh well :p: )

meeting up sounds like a good idea to me ....be a slightly strange experience actually meeting everyone from TSR, but im sure we are all just as lovely in real life ....and i guess we will meet up with you in '07!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Massive hugs to everyone panicking
    Believe me I can panic for England and I wasn't exactly making life easy for myself either (long story)
    To the person panicking about their Synoptic try not to, Synoptic papers are the hardest and statistically people tend to do something like 2 whole grades worse in synoptic papers than the other modules - it doesn't mean you're stupid or anything
    You are all superstars and I'm sure you'll do great!
    ahhh thanks! thats made me feel so much better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatecheese)
    people are gonna think im crazy when the first thing i ask people is "Hi are you Tom or Piers by any chance?" ...oh well :p: )
    Well I'm not entirely sure how I phrased it when asking Drogue if he was in fact Drogue but I have a feeling it started with the words "This is gonna sound really strange... but do you use TSR...???" Hehe thankfully I had the advantage that he'd told me where he'd be and what he'd be wearing (this was at the freshers' fair) so it was a pretty good chance!!

ReputationRep:
    thats a good idea making sure we know where to meet and what we are wearing....if not it could take quite a lot of time....might use that line...."do you use TSR?"....bit better than saying..."Hi! are you Bekaboo?" and getting the wrong person :p:

ReputationRep:
    went and had a look in Hertford today....'tis a very nice college
    ...and i will look out for Piers and Tom....(people are gona think im crazy when the first thing i ask people is "Hi are you Tom or Piers by any chance?" ...oh well :p: )

meeting up sounds like a good idea to me ....be a slightly strange experience actually meeting everyone from TSR, but im sure we are all just as lovely in real life ....and i guess we will meet up with you in '07!
    you'll luuuuuurve piers...hes the MAN. best thing bout hertford (apart from the fact that its full of supercool people)...is that its near jesus! woooooooo!!! bring on the gal pals!

ReputationRep:
    Wooo!!! i feel like i know everyone already!
    scrap your gap year and start in 06!
    great thing about Jesus....it seems to be near all other colleges! including Hertford! yay!

ReputationRep:
    lol we'll still have fun in 07...no worries!! massive booze up at the goose fo sho.

ReputationRep:
    i say no to the goose.

ReputationRep:
    ...and 08, 09....why just have fun in 06 and 07?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RxB)
    i say no to the goose.
    how comes?

ReputationRep:
    thats a good idea making sure we know where to meet and what we are wearing....if not it could take quite a lot of time....might use that line...."do you use TSR?"....bit better than saying..."Hi! are you Bekaboo?" and getting the wrong person :p:

Hehe nah don't worry I'll find you guys - @ Jesus they do a big sheet with all the photos of the freshers (NB find a GOOD one because all the people with bad photos got the piss taken so badly in the sheepshagger!!!) so I can work out who you are Plus you'll be in my department for some lectures - the biochemists come to the cells + genes lectures in zoology so I'll probably run into you!

RE: The goose - it's a bit small and out of the way isn't it? We could always take advantage of the union amnesty and meet there? Or the KA is where we tend to go with choir and that's really central

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)

Hehe nah don't worry I'll find you guys - @ Jesus they do a big sheet with all the photos of the freshers (NB find a GOOD one because all the people with bad photos got the piss taken so badly in the sheepshagger!!!) so I can work out who you are Plus you'll be in my department for some lectures - the biochemists come to the cells + genes lectures in zoology so I'll probably run into you!

RE: The goose - it's a bit small and out of the way isn't it? We could always take advantage of the union amnesty and meet there? Or the KA is where we tend to go with choir and that's really central
    oh no...*starts to panic* ....they don't use the photos that we gave the college at the interviews do they? mine were terrible! sheepshagger here i come!
    you'll be able to spot me easily, i'll be the one repeatedly pinching myself to make sure im not dreaming :p:

as for a tsr meeting place, any where is fine by me

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.