Turn on thread page Beta

Are the Israeli army good people? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asjad_03)
    Tom Hundall - but he isn't exactly the innocent photographer everyone makes him out.

oh ok , let shoot him then !!!???
    He was a supporter of Palestinian terrorism and interfered in the Gaza Strip. It is blatantly obvious he was going to get into trouble.

Do you honestly think a normal tourist would go into the Gaza Strip, a no-go area, to... take pictures?! Haha.

ReputationRep:
    [I]He was a supporter of Palestinian terrorism and interfered in the Gaza Strip. It is blatantly obvious he was going to get into trouble.

who's making baseless accusations now ???

ReputationRep:
    [i]He was a supporter of Palestinian terrorism and interfered in the Gaza Strip. It is blatantly obvious he was going to get into trouble.

:rolleyes: It's a fact. So...you?

ReputationRep:
    [I]He was a supporter of Palestinian terrorism and interfered in the Gaza Strip. It is blatantly obvious he was going to get into trouble.

Its not that baseless. I know someone who went to school with him.
    He was a complete menace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Its not that baseless. I know someone who went to school with him.
    He was a complete menace.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    First of all, it's got nothing to do with Palestinians. He was British and a photographer.

Secondly, don't divert all the attention to other things like the London bombings. It has nothing to do with the Israeli army

Obviously there are some 'good ones', but I'm talking about the bad ones, why they're allowed to be there, why they do what they do and why they are like that.

ReputationRep:
    I got a warning for saying the other word for 'bum'? Nice.

Lol I didn't avoid the swear filter. Try saying 'ass' for yourself

ReputationRep:
    They just yell and yell accusations, never substantiate, never think, never say anything intelligent or perceptive, just propagandise. An army of braindead, brainwashed idiots, trained to hate and the reason I have no respect for Judaism

(just to throw it back your way, and for the record, no im not Muslim)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freshestkid)
    They just yell and yell accusations, never substantiate, never think, never say anything intelligent or perceptive, just propagandise. An army of braindead, brainwashed idiots, trained to hate and the reason I have no respect for Judaism

(just to throw it back your way, and for the record, no im not Muslim)
    Except that's patently untrue and you demonstrate deep idiocy by saying it. Jews are quite clearly NOT brainwashed on the subject, which is why you get a vast number who oppose Israel and some of its most vocieferous critics. Whilst I have met legions of muslims who know NOTHING about the situation and just line up to throw accusations, Jews who are against them always have to back what they say up with facts and evidence which requires knowledge of the situation.
    I know that today everything has to be 'equal', but you just look like a complete fool when you turn a comment round like that simply for the sake of turning it around. Now piss off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    I've always thought of them as nice and friendly, or do whatever is required of them to do.

Until I heard of this; a fellow Brit, a photographer killed by them?

I don't understand? What am I missing here? :confused: It's disgusting and barbaric.

First of all, rest in peace Tom Hurndall.

Oh there he is, the number one terrorist. A young, small innocent photographer.

Maybe he had no right to live because he was trying to save the lives of children? Or um, do the Israeli army not like children? If the children are not allowed to play in their own country, then were are they meant to play? In Israel? After being stripped naked every single day at the checkpoint? Well that's a little harsh. Is the Israeli army bad? Are they bad? Why are they bad? Why can't they be nice, even to British people?

Secondly, why are we so far up their a** when they don't give a crap about us?

Do we all agree the Israeli army are not nice people? Does anyone have any silly excuses for this brutal murder? Where have they learnt of this barbaric behaviour? Who teaches them?

Doesn't Israel want anyone to respect them?
    From a military perspective:

If my race/country had been persecuted for the last few thousand years, near continuously by different groups, and there were Arabs out there ready and wanting to kill me I'd probably be a bit twitchy on the trigger finger aswell. Many casualties of wars happen, the Israelis aren't doing anything wrong except trying to protect their own people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    One Israeli soldier = bad, therefore all Israeli soldiers = bad. Brilliant logic there.
    If that logic holds for the British army, it holds for the IDF.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smith)
    If that logic holds for the British army, it holds for the IDF.
    That's untrue.

The British army is voluntary. Only commited individiuals join. All Israeli 18 year olds must join the army. Hence, lack of commitment by some soldiers.

(Original post by jusfarhan)
    First of all, it's got nothing to do with Palestinians. He was British and a photographer.

Secondly, don't divert all the attention to other things like the London bombings. It has nothing to do with the Israeli army :smile:

Obviously there are some 'good ones', but I'm talking about the bad ones, why they're allowed to be there, why they do what they do and why they are like that.
    Erm, do you actually have anything constructive to say? Aren't you going to challenge the replies to your post rather than stating the obvious or using an excuse of "diversion."

And the "bad ones" aren't allowed to be there. He got 8 years in prison, remember?

It amazes me how you only read what you want to, ignore all the points raised against your petty "debate" and have the idiocy to write a reply like that. How old are you again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    It amazes me how you only read what you want to, ignore all the points raised against your petty "debate" and have the idiocy to write a reply like that.
    Have you never argued against a pro-palestinian before? That's the MO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    If your parents hadn't had sex and you hadn't been conceived you couldn't make pointless posts on internet forums.
    Why make comments like this?

Surely if your parents hadn't had sex and you hadn't been conceived you couldn't make pointless posts on internet forums.

ReputationRep:
    Tom supported Palestinian terrorism? Rubbish! I don't care one bit if i'm labelled a terrorist sympathiser, but i totally have sympathy for the Palestinians, who have absolutely no other way of fighting back against Israel, what with its support from the Western world. It all comes down to race yet again, the lighter- skinned you are, the more likely you are to get support from the west. Pitiful disgusting. Of course the Palestinians, wronged in so many ways, are going to use explosives, sticks and stones. What the hell else have they got? There are two sides to everything, and who can blame Palestinians for fighting for what they want?

What do you propse they do? Let the Israelis have it their own way completely?

JonH, don't even bother replying, because i have seen just how blindly you will defend any Jewish interest, with not a thought for any other side, and i find it laughable, literally. Its just blind, rabied defence and shouting and calling people scum, instead of rationalising anything. What you reckon is just your opinion on the matter, anyone who disagrees is certainly not scum.

The way i see it is that because of the 1000 Jews killed by palestinian terrorists, they now think that they have some god-given right to do whatever they want, even if it means killing a load of innocent Palestinians- all in the name of defence, of course.

As Gerald Kaufman says- "when it comes to the murder of Britons by trigger- happy Israeli soldiers, the self-serving apologia of Israeli atrocities by right-wing Israelis and their sympathisers loses all credibility"

Noone can tell me that those Israeli occupiers aren't trigger happy, i have my own reservations about ALL people in the army, and more reservation about army men who are occupying places they hate, and not just any old country(Iraq). Israeli thug soldiers are likely to get a bloody thrill out of killing any Palestinian, or any one person who they see to be a sympathiser.

Again, i totally agree with Kaufman. Israel think s it can take the moral high ground as it is a democracy. The government there is extremist, and the world can no longer ignore it just bcause the palestinians are brown.

nd this isn't at all anti-semitic. Not agreeing with the state of Israel doesnt ****ing make a person anti-semitic at all, so stop with all the PM's about anti-semitism- they get deleted with barely a look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cottonmouth)
    Tom supported Palestinian terrorism? Rubbish! I don't care one bit if i'm labelled a terrorist sympathiser, but i totally have sympathy for the Palestinians, who have absolutely no other way of fighting back against Israel, what with its support from the Western world. It all comes down to race yet again, the lighter- skinned you are, the more likely you are to get support from the west.
    Yes, that's why the people of Mozambique are about to recieve 8 billion in aid, and the people of Albania are about to recieve nothing?
    Do you need more examples?
    I can keep them coming as long as you want.
    If you really think this comes down to skin colour, and skin colour alone then you have serious issues, and it's you with the racist blood running through your veins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnarl)
    Why make comments like this?
    To demonstrate something. Perhaps it went over your head?

(Original post by Gnarl)
    Surely if your parents hadn't had sex and you hadn't been conceived you couldn't make pointless posts on internet forums.
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastMidlander)
    Yes, that's why the people of Mozambique are about to recieve 8 billion in aid, and the people of Albania are about to recieve nothing?
    Do you need more examples?
    I can keep them coming as long as you want.
    If you really think this comes down to skin colour, and skin colour alone then you have serious issues, and it's you with the racist blood running through your veins.
    No, i dont think it's just about skin colour. Religion, Westernisation, and a whole lotta history i what it's all about. nd don't accuse me of racism, you half-wit, especially when i have a white mother, a white grandmother, a white grandfather, etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    I actually prefer being in the red i'll have you know, because when i see the calibre of people in the green, i feel i need to get the hell away!
    Sure you do. :rolleyes: Maybe you're in the red because people think you're a know-nothing idiot whose posts are stupid and never contributes anything useful? And that you're a raving hypocrite?
    Are you seriously claiming that my views on this forum are popular? Because students are well known for being pro-Israel/US/Bush and Blair, right? If you honestly think that my views are popular you're an even bigger f-wit than I ever imagined.

And that not everyoine who doesn't bow down to Israel is anti-semitic.
    You actually can't STAND the fact that I haven't called you anti-semitic, can you? It's amusing. You're so desperate to think that pro-Israel people label all anti-Israel people as anti-semitic that you have to attempt to manufacture the evidence and baselessly claim that "that's what I think", as if you would somehow knoe. You're awesomely pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonathanH)
    Hah! Like hell. You sicken me with the way that you blindly attack one side and defend the other and then simultaneously claim that OTHER people are biased and you have none. It's pathetic. If you're not interested, why are you still here, cretin?
    Cretin, hahahaha. I'm still here because i love to see what you are going to type next. It's hilarious!

I am opposing you. I think Israel is in the wrong. Does that simultaneously mean that i have an affinity with the Palestinians? You are doing law, aren't you?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.