Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else think this is just sick?! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sash37uk)
    I didnt actually think the forum could get any worse but i was so very very wrong...

http://www.icq.com/groups/view_msg.p...opic_id=737044

Wot the hell is wrong with these people?! :eek:

surely that is some ones idea of a sick joke! it cant be real?

ReputationRep:
    You, who are punishing your children in the old-fashioned way of your own parents, you are frustrated and you should be pentrated [sic] by law.
    That says it all, really.

ReputationRep:
    That's actually made me feel ill, those poor children. People like that aren't right in the head, I just hope one day the kids will grab the cane or paddle and hit them back HARD, then leave home as soon as possible. Can you imagine how mentally scarred they're going to be.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear Lord, that is so wrong! I've posted a massive complaint to that woman on there now, not like she'll read it but I needed to vent the anger! Grr! Those kids aren't going to grow up disciplined, they're going to grow up with psychological p[roblems as a result of abuse! Are they all completely mental or what??!!

ReputationRep:
    This was a big thing not so long ago.

Surprised so many are acting like it's a big new phenomena.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj)
    surely that is some ones idea of a sick joke! it cant be real?
    That's quite sad for you to believe this kind of thing doesn't go on in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    This was a big thing not so long ago.

Surprised so many are acting like it's a big new phenomena.
    I think people are surprised by the fact that there is a website sharing tips on it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spunk trumpet)
    I think people are surprised by the fact that there is a website sharing tips on it!
    I'm sure before the internet parents brought it up in topics of conversation. But yes, you would probably be surprised.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek:

The first thread:If this is real..*shudders*...

I'd like to say 'hear hear' for the Anonymous replies on the first thread.

As for the second thread, it's a bit.. out of the ordinary...if they're all consenting though it's ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sash37uk)
    I came across this site when researching on my own strict parents - but this is just crazy! My parents are funny about me staying out late and the rest of it but they would never do anything so humiliating, i would probably hit them back...

http://www.icq.com/groups/view_msg.p...opic_id=545795

Im especially freaked out by the mother and her 16 year old son ewwww.
    Some real parents thats how kids learn except my parents never used to spank me in such a manner instead they used to beat me with a stick and chuck me around alot.
    Infact my couson got his jaw smashed today and hes 11 for attempting to buy a phone without parental permission. But since the age of 16 ive never been beaten yet. Such beatings teach you discipline and whats right and wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Spanking might be ok when your kids are like 6.....but 14, freaks. You can send these peope pager messages, ahaha. Someone try and arrange a meeting with those 2 parents looking for sum1 to spank somewhere near where they live

ReputationRep:
    The response of people in this forum is actually worse than the people on that site. They are smacking there children and people here are actually talking about killing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    That's quite sad for you to believe this kind of thing doesn't go on in the world.
    I meant real, as in surely it can't realy be allowed, spanking your own kids they way it's described on the board is bad enough but seeking kids to spank, surely that should not be allowed

ReputationRep:
    I have been beaten only once in my life (I got into some trouble at school) and from that experience (which was no-where as near as bad as some stuff Ive heard about) I thought I am never telling that happen again, which I haven't and life has been absolutely fantastic for me. It is wrong though. It is humilating and shouldn't happen. The thing is, where do you stop. If a child misbehaves after you have smacked them, parents might hit them harder and get carried away. I honestly cannot imagine spanking my own child. I believe they resorted to that because their parents did it to them. I believe much worse punishments than that can be made if you relly think about it that will get children to get children to listen to their parents and understand that what they have done is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe that the parents who posted in "bare bottom discipline" and talk about smacking their kids like that, carry on doing it through puberty :eek: I mean, caning your 16 year old son across the a**e?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curious~Leo-ess1989)
    The thing is, where do you stop. If a child misbehaves after you have smacked them, parents might hit them harder and get carried away.
    There is a clear divide in my mind between smacking and beating your child. Beatings are when a child is attacked out of malice or frustration in the heat of the moment. When I smacked as a child (ie, before I was about 9 or something) it'd all be very formalised and I'd be sat down afterwards and explained why it was done.

I'm not sure I'd personally agree with it, but I haven't fully decided my position yet.

ReputationRep:
    It's code. They are perverts. If it was for real their kids would steel them. (Hit them)

ReputationRep:
    I really don't believe in smacking kids. I feel respect of parents and being taught the difference between right and wrong can be displayed in many different ways than using violence. The parents on the forum seem to actually enjoy punishing their children, and get a sick sense of pleasure about the humiliation it causes which concerns me the most. And what is meant by "bare bottom corner time"? Is the child made to sit in the corner with no trousers and underwear on? If that is the case, i would be truly horrified.

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Am I going to be the first to say I don't see it as a huge deal?

OK, smacking older kids is a bit weird, yes. But whoever said "14 year old kids know what's wrong", they obviously don't or they wouldn't need punishing.

I do find it a bit sinister that people are meeting to discuss techniques and what not, but the smacking itself, I don't think is as "sick" and "disturbing" as everyone is making out. Was noone here smacked as a child?

And the ear twisting thing, I don't really see what's wrong with that either; kids need disciplining, and I guess that'd make me think again.

I thought students in general opposed the policital correctness engine that is changing everything? I expected at least one person in here to agree with me, but apparently not.

To clarify, I wasn't abused as a child and have been warped into thinking it's right, and no, I don't think an ICQ channel dedicated to adults sharing stories is correct either, but I don't think children being disciplined is as huge a deal as is being made out here.
    EDIT: Just had a bit more of a look, and found this. I'm increasingly believing that site is either a joke, or a front for something worse!

ReputationRep:
    that is extremely disturbing

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.