Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Life watch

Announcements

Oh man, don't read 'Waiting For Godot' or 'Endgame' it will push you narcissistic people over the edge!

"They give birth aside the grave, the light gleams for an instant, then it is dark once more"

Though personally i feel that everyone here (including me) has bearly started this "Computer game" of life and it seems a bit stupid to be calling it pointless right now. The race is long guys....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anyone else think it is utterly devoid of meaning, spent doing pointless and mundane things, coloured with misery and completely worthless?

Absolutely.

ReputationRep:
    I think its all the people who think too much and probably have too much free time alone...

then please tell me how to stop thinking so much.

ReputationRep:
    then please tell me how to stop thinking so much.
    get off your ar*e, stop feeling so sorry for yourself, and do something fun.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think it is utterly devoid of meaning, spent doing pointless and mundane things, coloured with misery and completely worthless? Does anyone just wish that they didn't wake up again each morning and can't wait to get life over with?

Why dont you create some meaning for yourself and do something that you feel isnt pointless and mundane?

A life devoid of meaning shows a person devoid of character.

ReputationRep:
    Thinkings good. A lot of people need to sit down and think very carefully, you'll solve a lot of problems that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Thinkings good. A lot of people need to sit down and think very carefully, you'll solve a lot of problems that way.
    From own experience?

ReputationRep:
    Before I had a g/f I spent years of my life depressed. That seems to change a lot for the better

Though getting a g/f is a different matter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popsical)
    From own experience?
    Yeah, not that I subscribe to Rationalist Philosophy in any way :p: it's just most people get depressed because they're in conflict and don't know what's going on. They just need to stop and look where they are..

ReputationRep:
    i bet whoever posted this is in year 13
    I FEEL YOUR PAIN IF YOU ARE!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think it is utterly devoid of meaning, spent doing pointless and mundane things, coloured with misery and completely worthless? Does anyone just wish that they didn't wake up again each morning and can't wait to get life over with?
    :ditto: Whenever i think about life i always come to the conclusion that life is pointless. We all die regardless of what we do with our life. Besides we have no way of knowing whether death is better than life. The only problem with suicide is if we don't succeed and then life is even worse than before. But yeah, if i were to go to bed knowing that i wouldn't wake up i'd be happy.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like your depressed.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.