Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Pesonally over the last few years ive always been awake over night and then slept like at 6-8 in the morning. I find it so much more peaceful and relaxing at night and am able to get so much more work done. During the exams i used to stay up all night, go straight into the exam, and then sleep once i got home in the afternoon. Worked pretty well since my grades were pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharma)
    Pesonally over the last few years ive always been awake over night and then slept like at 6-8 in the morning. I find it so much more peaceful and relaxing at night and am able to get so much more work done. During the exams i used to stay up all night, go straight into the exam, and then sleep once i got home in the afternoon. Worked pretty well since my grades were pretty good.
    That's what I do, although I prefer to be awake during the day especially during the summer because I like to lounge around in the back garden when its sunny.

However a plus side is that im never tired at parties and thus can stay up much later allowing me to drink more...

ReputationRep:
    Meh meh meh!!!!! Tried to got to sleep an hour ago, didnt work!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rpotter)
    Meh meh meh!!!!! Tried to got to sleep an hour ago, didnt work!!!
    lol same, i cant sleep either! i work night shifts (well 9pm till 4am) and even tho ive had the last couple of nights off its been a pain cos i still cant sleep till at leat 7 or 8am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca28)
    lol same, i cant sleep either! i work night shifts (well 9pm till 4am) and even tho ive had the last couple of nights off its been a pain cos i still cant sleep till at leat 7 or 8am
    Lol I go into my holiday mode, whereby I go to bed progressively later and later (or earlier and earlier depending on which way you look at it). I really cant work out why I end up like this in the holidays, its really annoying, I dont like missing so much of the day

ReputationRep:
    A couple of weeks ago I stayed up all night Monday and then basically all night Wednesday. Tuesday night I had to go to bed at half 10 as I was so tired, ok on Wednesday, but pretty sluggish end of the week. By the weekend I had a streaming cold which was my immune system giving up on me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    Valium? Why? It's an all nighter. Once you get stuck into something and have a few cups of coffee, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. While admittedly not healthy, I did one every week on a Tuesday night last term, since all my work went in on Wednesday midday and I have a significant amount of trouble motivating myself when there's plenty of time. If I started work and had coffee beside me, I never really had a problem. And when it came morning, it was fine again for some reason, so I usually went out Wednesday night too.

When it's light, your body doesn't think "I haven't slept", it sees it's light, realises it's day and tends to do just fine.

Having said that, performance is impared without sleep, so don't expect any work you do to be quite up to standard. It'll take longer too, since you work less efficiently. But I actually quite enjoy it
    because after the alertness has gone you'll feel really really **** and just need to sleep. Vallium does the trick, it's really nice for easing the comedown from any stimulant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianist)
    Basically I have so much work to do by next week, and I was wondering if it's safe to stay up all night tonight, and how long does it take to get back into the routine if you stay up for only one night?
    I have too much work to do and it feels so crap and I just want some way of fitting in the time to do my work. I find it easier to work at night as there are less distractions.

Anyone else feel like this?
    Absolutely. Going to bed at 3 or 4 am in the morning is the norm for me. At the time I love it. It's great. I have so much fun studying and pissing about on the internet.

But sometimes I miss not being able to get up in the mornings.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2006
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.