Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What's your fav perfume and how did you pick it? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    whats that pink gucci one called?
    Gucci Rush 2 is in a pink bottle if that's what u mean.

Im perfume hunting at the moment. Ive just finished my bottle of Lancome Miracle and im not sure what to start wearing next. Ive got Ralph Lauren's Ralph and Cool already and Gucci Envy Me but i dunno whether to start using one of these or buy a new perfume .....

ReputationRep:
    Victoria's Secret Love Spell is my favorite. My friend introduced me to it. I also like Jo Malone's Honeysuckle and Jasmine lotion.

ReputationRep:
    i like heavy, sultry, womanly classy fragrances.....i can't stand insipid fresh scents such as that dkny in the long rectagular whitish bottle- that gives me a headache!
    i have been wearing dior-pure poison since it came out in the states a year or two ago and am on my 3rd bottle now! in the past i have worn CK-contradiction, and will probably go back to that at some point, and chanel-coco mademoiselle is another favourite. i also like D&G feminine for a lighter fragrance.......i tend to stick to one at a time though, i think it's good to have a signature scent that reminds people of you. i also wear perfume daily, and quite a lot of it- i like to smell good!

on another note- what is your favourite man smell? mine's aqua di gio.....

ReputationRep:
    Fav man smell....most things smell amazing on them. I adore the original Hugo Boss one (is it called "Boss" ?? lol no clue about blokes stuff). It's yum....

ReputationRep:
    I second the Hugo Boss on a guy.

My signature scent is Flower by Kenzo.......just got it for a birthday present and fell in love with it.

ReputationRep:
    JPG Le Male is great on a guy, and the bottle looks awesome on his desk.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a few that I wear:

Ralph Lauren - Romance
    Calvin Klein - One
    DKNY - Woman
    Calvin Klein - Eternity Moment
    Dolce and Gabbana for Women

ReputationRep:
    Has to be Hugo woman & JLO miami

ReputationRep:
    I love Paul Smith London, it smells lovely.

ReputationRep:
    I wear amour amour by jean patou, and the original blue ghost. mostly ghost, but i love amour amour on top.

I used to have DKNY and ibiza hippy, but i prefer the ones I have now, and have worn ghost for like a year now.

ReputationRep:
    i love 'just pink' by next...cheap, lush bottle, and it smells gooooood

ReputationRep:
    Marc Jacobs - the original has been my favourite ever since it was launched

Also i like Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien and all of Marc Jacobs' Body Splashes esp. for Summer (Cotton, Grass, Rain)

ReputationRep:
    DKNY Be Delicious - bought it on a plane haha.

ReputationRep:
    Calvin klein : CKone (NOT the summer one, ew!)

ReputationRep:
    Prada, Gucci Rush and Hypnose (surprised it's not more popular on here, it's everywhere now, wasn't when I bought it...).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningwings)
    I wear amour amour by jean patou, and the original blue ghost. mostly ghost, but i love amour amour on top.

I used to have DKNY and ibiza hippy, but i prefer the ones I have now, and have worn ghost for like a year now.

Ooh that sounds good. What does it smell of and how is it packaged?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen)
    Has anyone tried Britney Spears frangrance Fantasy? Its lovely.
    Yes I've tried it. I didn't find it lovely though as it literally suffocated me- the tester strip and sample that is!:eek: The advertisement of it was lovely though. Plus I got my free vial sample, did you?
    I prefer Britney Spears' fragrance Curious though: both the fragrance itself and the bottle and packaging. More so the bottle than the packaging though, as the bottle is so elegant looking. It's light, refreshing and summery. I wouldn't say that it's my signature fragrance though as I usually don't wear perfume.
    I came across this perfume because I love Britney Spears' music. So I went into Boots store and had 2 test strips and free sample squirts, one on each wrist, done of Curious and Fantasy. I preferred Curious so next week I bought 50ml of it.
    Now I also want to get some test strips of Britney's newest perfume called In Control, and Lacoste's Touch Of Pink.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, Fantasy is tooo sweet. On Vixen's advice I had a spray of it when I was perfume shopping with my sis and my my...what a sickly mixture of marshmallows and pick n mix type sweetie smell. It's cute but very heavy

ReputationRep:
    I have a few on the go at the moment:
    Yves Saint Laurent - Babydoll
    Cacharel- Amor Amor
    Ralph Lauren - Romance
    Chanel - Chance
    Chanel - Coco mademoiselle
    Paul Smith - Floral

I didn't pick out the Cacharel, or Chance - My Dad picks them up to me when he's at the airport on business trips. Otherwise, normally go to Debenhams or Boots and spend hours deciding. Boots is great because I spend way too much money there, so end up with tons of points which equates to free perfume!

ReputationRep:
    i havent bought any new perfume for a while it just doesnt run out! I wear Lacoste Touch of Pink most of the time, although i do have others like Paradise by Estee Lauder, some Ralph lauren perfume and french connection

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 21, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.