Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    omg, i no exactly what your saying. im doing cog.d
    criminology
    mood disorders
    sad
    and schiz!
    i cant rmemeber the differenc between schiz and mood!
    i jst dont this stuff! and ive done so much revision! and i seemed to know it last week! need 41/60 on this exam and same on the next exam, to get an A!! ahhhh
    good lucks!

ReputationRep:
    i'm so worried about the exam tomorrow. I have revised so much, although cannot remember a bloody thing :-( what is a behaviourist explanation of OCD, does anyone know?
    Plus, does anyone know any q's that might come up? It seems when i was looking at past papers, questions from 3 years before the exam come up. I.e the q's in 2003 will more than likely be in pyb4 2moroow, don't hold me to that tho?
    xxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing a re-sit of PYB4 & i just don't have to time to learn things properly

I think the behaviourist OCD explanation is along the lines of repeating the behaviour reduces the anxiety (negative reinforcement) so the behaviour keeps occuring
    and then the evaluation is that it doesnt actually explain why the OCD started in the first place, just why the behaviour is maintained

ReputationRep:
    i'm so worried about the exam tomorrow. I have revised so much, although cannot remember a bloody thing
    I'm exactly the same. I've revised the most for this exam than any of the others but still can't remember all the studies. Theres far too much to learn, I'm doing criminology, parapsychology and social development, its madness!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone for tomorrow! Hope we all get the questions we want!

I'm doing Cog Dev, Moral Dev and mood disorders.

Hopefully it'll all go alright!

ReputationRep:
    cant beleve its 2mrw! holey muckers!
    good lucky -> duckys!

ReputationRep:
    so... how did everybody's unit 5 go?

i thought it was ok... kind of... except for the fact that there was no way i could've picked the social development question so i had no choice but to do the cognitive one...
    oh, and i ran out of time, but i've come to expect that with psychology; i write slower than most people

ReputationRep:
    unit 5? are you pyB?

aqa that is

ReputationRep:
    anyonnnnne know what was meant by the labelling schizophrenia 4 mark q today? it went so rubbish i didnt know the bruner study :-( & what about the 3 treatments for the anorexia for the 6 marks i think? :-S sorry im jus worried!xxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    for bruner
    i did kulhman!

wish i had bruner andkenny more to write lol!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    i do it and there is just too much

hopefull ynext week will be ok with the key approaches, scientific debate and research statistics

ReputationRep:
    hey I do psychology AQA B too and like you have found it soooo hard to find any websites! However I have just found this new website that I thought you might all find useful http://www.simplypsychology.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    it's specifically for AQA B and so far I've found some pretty good stuff on it! www.learn-pyschology.com is a good one too.
    Hope that helped!!!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    hehe, it might have been useful had i not already finished psychology :P

i do kinda miss it though, wish i'd chosen some modules in it, even though it doesnt really fit with physics all that well.

ReputationRep:
    Im doing B too, and its great because our teacher has written an amazing revision guide for us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiger_vio)
    Im doing B too, and its great because our teacher has written an amazing revision guide for us
    My teacher is great aswell he's wrote a whole booklet on anxiety disorders, OCD and PTSD

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing PYB4 Jan in two weeks time and since the exam is getting closer am getting more nervous. am particularly dreading the section on anxiety disorder since there is too much notes and material to learn for this section.

So is there anyone here that's already done this exam? or is going to can they give me any tips or advice on the exam?

The topics am doing are Mood disorders, Schizophrenia, anxiety + eating disorder and Cognitive development in children.

ReputationRep:
    I do AQA Psychology specification B as well.

AS:
    PYB1 - Perspectives in Psychology, Gender, Research Methods
    PYB2 - Memory, Social Attitudes, Social somethingor other

A2:
    PYB4 - Child Development (Social & Cognitive), Anxiety and Eating Disorders & Criminology
    PYB5 - I aint done it yet so I duno

I got my retake on Thursday for PYB1 and PYB4 on the 22nd I think or something, I'm totally dreading it :eek: because they don't do anything on the internet and hardly any books :mad: lucky my teacher is nice and is going to give me some extra tuitioning otherwise I would FAIL!!!

It sucks, but the coursework is good, as harsh as it is without it I would have failed it at AS!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I've finished Psychology now but I'd be happy to help as much as I can if you have any questions
    I did:
    PYB1 - Perspectives in Psychology, Gender, Research Methods
    PYB2 - Cognition and Law (best not ask me about that, remember very little tbh)
    PYB4 - Exceptional Development (Autism, dyslexia etc), Parapsychology & Criminology
    PYB5: Psychology as a science, perspectives and something else

I miss psychology, I hope I can do a module in it at uni (am on gap year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princess88)
    hey I do psychology AQA B too and like you have found it soooo hard to find any websites! However I have just found this new website that I thought you might all find useful http://www.simplypsychology.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    it's specifically for AQA B and so far I've found some pretty good stuff on it! www.learn-pyschology.com is a good one too.
    Hope that helped!!!
    xxx
    OMG THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!! I only stumbled across this today but I've lost my book and my notes are rubbish, who knows what I would have done without the first website you gave. It is really helping me so thank you for showing it to me :p:

ReputationRep:
    Here are some past papers: http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/psyb_assess.php

Any good revision books or sites.

Quote me please, thanks x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 20, 2009
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.