Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
omg, i no exactly what your saying. im doing cog.d
criminology
mood disorders
sad
and schiz!
i cant rmemeber the differenc between schiz and mood!
i jst dont this stuff! and ive done so much revision! and i seemed to know it last week! need 41/60 on this exam and same on the next exam, to get an A!! ahhhh
good lucks!
JessicaWessica
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
i'm so worried about the exam tomorrow. I have revised so much, although cannot remember a bloody thing :-( what is a behaviourist explanation of OCD, does anyone know?
Plus, does anyone know any q's that might come up? It seems when i was looking at past papers, questions from 3 years before the exam come up. I.e the q's in 2003 will more than likely be in pyb4 2moroow, don't hold me to that tho?
xxxxxxx
subterfuge
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i'm doing a re-sit of PYB4 & i just don't have to time to learn things properly

I think the behaviourist OCD explanation is along the lines of repeating the behaviour reduces the anxiety (negative reinforcement) so the behaviour keeps occuring
and then the evaluation is that it doesnt actually explain why the OCD started in the first place, just why the behaviour is maintained
*~CARALA~*
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i'm so worried about the exam tomorrow. I have revised so much, although cannot remember a bloody thing
I'm exactly the same. I've revised the most for this exam than any of the others but still can't remember all the studies. Theres far too much to learn, I'm doing criminology, parapsychology and social development, its madness!
clomoo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Good luck everyone for tomorrow! Hope we all get the questions we want!

I'm doing Cog Dev, Moral Dev and mood disorders.

Hopefully it'll all go alright!
Jen2327
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
cant beleve its 2mrw! holey muckers!
good lucky -> duckys!
subterfuge
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
so... how did everybody's unit 5 go?

i thought it was ok... kind of... except for the fact that there was no way i could've picked the social development question so i had no choice but to do the cognitive one...
oh, and i ran out of time, but i've come to expect that with psychology; i write slower than most people
JessicaWessica
Report 13 years ago
unit 5? are you pyB?

aqa that is
JessicaWessica
Report 13 years ago
anyonnnnne know what was meant by the labelling schizophrenia 4 mark q today? it went so rubbish i didnt know the bruner study :-( & what about the 3 treatments for the anorexia for the 6 marks i think? :-S sorry im jus worried!xxxxxxxxxxx
Jen2327
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
for bruner
i did kulhman!

wish i had bruner andkenny more to write lol!
xx
shopaholic_soph
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i do it and there is just too much

hopefull ynext week will be ok with the key approaches, scientific debate and research statistics
princess88
Report 13 years ago
hey I do psychology AQA B too and like you have found it soooo hard to find any websites! However I have just found this new website that I thought you might all find useful http://www.simplypsychology.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
it's specifically for AQA B and so far I've found some pretty good stuff on it! www.learn-pyschology.com is a good one too.
Hope that helped!!!
xxx
subterfuge
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hehe, it might have been useful had i not already finished psychology :P

i do kinda miss it though, wish i'd chosen some modules in it, even though it doesnt really fit with physics all that well.
tiger_vio
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im doing B too, and its great because our teacher has written an amazing revision guide for us
Ghetto_Princess12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by tiger_vio)
Im doing B too, and its great because our teacher has written an amazing revision guide for us
My teacher is great aswell he's wrote a whole booklet on anxiety disorders, OCD and PTSD
Ghetto_Princess12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm doing PYB4 Jan in two weeks time and since the exam is getting closer am getting more nervous. am particularly dreading the section on anxiety disorder since there is too much notes and material to learn for this section.

So is there anyone here that's already done this exam? or is going to can they give me any tips or advice on the exam?

The topics am doing are Mood disorders, Schizophrenia, anxiety + eating disorder and Cognitive development in children.
Bekky_Boo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I do AQA Psychology specification B as well.

AS:
PYB1 - Perspectives in Psychology, Gender, Research Methods
PYB2 - Memory, Social Attitudes, Social somethingor other

A2:
PYB4 - Child Development (Social & Cognitive), Anxiety and Eating Disorders & Criminology
PYB5 - I aint done it yet so I duno

I got my retake on Thursday for PYB1 and PYB4 on the 22nd I think or something, I'm totally dreading it :eek: because they don't do anything on the internet and hardly any books :mad: lucky my teacher is nice and is going to give me some extra tuitioning otherwise I would FAIL!!!

It sucks, but the coursework is good, as harsh as it is without it I would have failed it at AS!!
paddy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hey guys I've finished Psychology now but I'd be happy to help as much as I can if you have any questions
I did:
PYB1 - Perspectives in Psychology, Gender, Research Methods
PYB2 - Cognition and Law (best not ask me about that, remember very little tbh)
PYB4 - Exceptional Development (Autism, dyslexia etc), Parapsychology & Criminology
PYB5: Psychology as a science, perspectives and something else

I miss psychology, I hope I can do a module in it at uni (am on gap year)
Bekky_Boo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by princess88)
hey I do psychology AQA B too and like you have found it soooo hard to find any websites! However I have just found this new website that I thought you might all find useful http://www.simplypsychology.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
it's specifically for AQA B and so far I've found some pretty good stuff on it! www.learn-pyschology.com is a good one too.
Hope that helped!!!
xxx
OMG THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!! I only stumbled across this today but I've lost my book and my notes are rubbish, who knows what I would have done without the first website you gave. It is really helping me so thank you for showing it to me :p:
Natalie_xx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Here are some past papers: http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/psyb_assess.php

Any good revision books or sites.

Quote me please, thanks x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (195)
52.85%
No (174)
47.15%

Watched Threads