Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well I love mine and dont care what people say! I have them in
    Black
    Light blue
    Grey
    Dark blue
    Med blue

and i love them all. But i do have a favourite pair of bootcuts as well! Some skinny jeans flatter me more than others. Im generally a size 8 in skinny jeans and 5 ft 8. Some make me look quite thin but some make me look fat, i just have to find the perfect pair before i buy. I am quite addicted to jeans, i own a hell of a lot

ReputationRep:
    well i'm a size 8/10 so not very thin but i think they look fantastic under dresses!

ReputationRep:
    I have to say the do look brilliant under dresses - that's one way in which loads of girls can wear them

ReputationRep:
    I were them because they are one of the only style of jeans that suit my shape. I absolutly HATE bootcut jeans on me i look like such a freak in them (obviously these suit other people much better). I actually have a photo of me in my skinnys jeans when i was in yr9, 3yrs ago stupid blumming trends. Literally the only jeans i wear are either skinny jeans or straight legs.

Agreed that topshop baxters do stretch abit i got the 25 inch waist thinking no way can they fall down, but i still have to bung them in the wash to get the waist band to fit.
    My fave skinnys are ernest sewn, they fit really well and are probably my most flattering jeans.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't like skinny jeans...they make your legs look a reall funny shape.

ReputationRep:
    When they first started appearing in the shops they only came in sizes 8, 10 and 12 which was fine, you know...most people of those sizes can carry them off. But then as the trend grew they started stocking larger sizes...and that's not so good. I'm a 12-14 and just the thought of myself wearing skinny jeans makes me want to stop eating...good lord, I would look *SO* ridiculous with my enormous hips squeezed into those god-awful things!!! I think it might actually be amusing to try some on one day, just for a laugh..!! There are people who can carry it off like Kate Moss and Mischa Barton...but some people just look a bit silly really!

Ooooh how I wish that that stupid trend would die like the ponchos did. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groseille)
    well i'm a size 8/10 so not very thin but i think they look fantastic under dresses!
    8/10 but not thin? I got a bit shocked when I read that before I realised I'm about the same size and feel fat. I blame the media ...

ReputationRep:
    oh no! i meant not skeletal/boy-shape

i'm sure you look fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the person, id never ever suit them, im a curvy 10, and im 5'3 w/ stumpy legs, so i couldnt.
    I dont think you have to be boy-stick thin to suit them, granted they really do flatter those figures. For me it really seems to depend on your leg length - they tend to flatter thinner or longer legs (regardless of size). Also you need a lot confidence,to wear jeans that tight!!!

btw sorry to ask such a dumb question but what are baxters???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PunkiePixie)
    It depends on the person, id never ever suit them, im a curvy 10, and im 5'3 w/ stumpy legs, so i couldnt.
    I dont think you have to be boy-stick thin to suit them, granted they really do flatter those figures. For me it really seems to depend on your leg length - they tend to flatter thinner or longer legs (regardless of size). Also you need a lot confidence,to wear jeans that tight!!!

btw sorry to ask such a dumb question but what are baxters???
    I totally agree with you, I'm 5ft and a curvy 8/10 (in some shops a 12!!) and so I'd never look good in skinny jeans!

Baxters are a style of skinny jeans by Topshop

ReputationRep:
    I love my baggy, boy style jeans

ReputationRep:
    I wear skinny jeans and they make my legs look nice but they just accentuate that I have no arse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tothedisco)
    I wear skinny jeans and they make my legs look nice but they just accentuate that I have no arse.
    Wear them with a long tee then? People still get to see your legs but your arse will be covered!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antics)
    thats rubbish, how do skinny women look discusting is skinny jeans?
    its completely opposite, fat women look horrible in sinny jeans coz it just shows how fat there legs and arse are
    skinny girls look good, because it shows how skinny they are
    and forgive me if im wrong, but isnt that exactly what every girl wants?
    No. I hate skinny jeans on anyone. I prefer baggy jeans, ive actually considered buying men's jeans, ive run out of womens baggy jeans!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r0manticide17)
    I prefer baggy jeans, ive actually considered buying men's jeans, ive run out of womens baggy jeans!
    I've considered it too *ha ha*. I've got really nice Soviet baggy jeans, actually I've got two pairs. I've only ever seen them in D2 jeans though.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm a 12 but 5'8, so I think I can carry them off. I've got a grey pair from Next and I've worn them to death, I wore them to the Strokes, HIM, Placebo, I usually wear them out to clubs.. and they look as good as new!

ReputationRep:
    i tried some baxters on but are they created for short people, because they didnt even touch the floor. i also tried a 26 waist which i am definitely not and they were really stretchy and kept falling down! was very odd. are you meant to buy them small? also, what waist size is a 26 i am confused with all these sizes

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan...they just make really skinny ppl look even skinnier. If your curvy/not a size 6-8 they don't usually look good - I tend to go for the low cut boot leg jeans, they look good and won't go outa fashion in 10 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    i have a pair, and to be honest i probably look better in normal jeans as am size 10/12 not 8/6...but i wear them because they go sooo well with all the tops that are around this season and i get to show off my boots in their full glory.
    surely they can't be a 'classic' as they look so bad on most women....i hope not anyways, can't wait till they go out of style.....though apparantly leggings are making a comeback....noooooo!!! i remember last time they were in style (about 15 years ago?!) and even at age 6 i remember thinking they made mummy's friend's arse look fat.

ReputationRep:
    LOL oh god, leggings

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.