Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtfCharlie)
    Thank you for being realistic and honest but not totally pessimistic!
    (Original post by Energy_Purple)
    Hm, I actually think that's a fair point to be honest I mean, I legitimately had fun writing my PS, and the helpers here on TSR have said that it's one of the strongest they've seen, so I guess it'll only be a help to me if the Admissions Tutor thinks the same thing

Thank you very much for your help!!! You've really helped me feel a lot more secure and comfortable about things
    Happy to help, guys. I'd be interested to hear how you get on with your applications. In the meantime, try not to stress too much. I know I was a nervous wreck this time last year but it turned out fine in the end!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm also having the same problem!
    My AS levels are : B (Maths) B ( Eco) B(Bio) C(Chem)
    A2 predictions AAA... Dropped chem.
    My uni choices are:
    Leeds - Accounting and Finance - AAA
    Manchester- Accounting and Finance - AAA/AAB
    Bristol- Accounting and Finance - AAA/AAB
    Notts- Finance, Accounting and Management- AAB
    Durham- AAB
    I was thinking to replace Bristol with a less competitive university but i'm so confused.. am i being too ambitious with a lot of them?
    Btw my gcses are: A*AAAAAABBB (with Bs in Eco, business and english lang :/ )
    Many Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siddyt)
    Hi! I'm also having the same problem!
    My AS levels are : B (Maths) B ( Eco) B(Bio) C(Chem)
    A2 predictions AAA... Dropped chem.
    My uni choices are:
    Leeds - Accounting and Finance - AAA
    Manchester- Accounting and Finance - AAA/AAB
    Bristol- Accounting and Finance - AAA/AAB
    Notts- Finance, Accounting and Management- AAB
    Durham- AAB
    I was thinking to replace Bristol with a less competitive university but i'm so confused.. am i being too ambitious with a lot of them?
    Btw my gcses are: A*AAAAAABBB (with Bs in Eco, business and english lang :/ )
    Many Thanks!
    I think you should definitely consider a university which is ABB/BBB as that's what your AS grades are just to be safe, "better to be safe than sorry", I had to do the same with mine, more for my peace of mind more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebolt)
    I think you should definitely consider a university which is ABB/BBB as that's what your AS grades are just to be safe, "better to be safe than sorry", I had to do the same with mine, more for my peace of mind more than anything.
    Thank you! i was thinking of sheffield- ABB, what about my other choices do you think they're reasonable? With a really good ps and a lot of work experience?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! i was thinking of sheffield- ABB, what about my other choices do you think they're reasonable? With a really good ps and a lot of work experience?
    Well your predicted AAA so I would say so but if you got an offer do you think you would be able to get the AAA?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i was predicted all As for my AS anyway apart from chemistry.
    In maths i achieved AAD, the D being in statistics, so if i revise my weaknesses over and over again i think ill be able to achieve those offers.
    I was more thinking whether a university like bristol/manchester would be put off my BBBC at AS but will this be compensated by AAA predictions, a good pm and a lot of work experience?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i was predicted all As for my AS anyway apart from chemistry.
    In maths i achieved AAD, the D being in statistics, so if i revise my weaknesses over and over again i think ill be able to achieve those offers.
    I was more thinking whether a university like bristol/manchester would be put off my BBBC at AS but will this be compensated by AAA predictions, a good pm and a lot of work experience?
    I dont think they'll be put off your AS results, as your predictions are fairly reasonable (you're predicted one grade up, and doing 3 subjects will help you focus more on those 3). Retake S1 in January and try to get better at it whilst you still remember it (if you're on OCR I had a few resources that may help) . But as stated above, make sure you have a backup choice. Goodluck

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I'm doing edexcel but very much appreciated!

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.